Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

CALLING ALL Nurses!

CALLING ALL Nurses!

Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:25 pm
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice
Default Re: CALLING ALL Nurses!

Originally Posted by MattandJax
yes it quite daunting. have checked out some mock papers, and they are quite difficult! not looking forward to this at all. but great advice on here. practicing will surely help.

hey i trained (RGN) at Bury, and did my middy at North manchester in the 1980's... small world!

...and thats another can of worms... for registration in NZ, they want a transcript thingy from my school of nursing...which alas, is no more!!
its a new housing estate now! so am trying to track down proof of doing and passing the RGN course! what a faff!
Hey Jax,
I had the same problem, North Manchester General didn't keep transcrpt records pre 1979. (UKCC) as it was at the time came to the rescue, so try contactining (MNC) as it is now and ask there advice, I think it is the Verifications department you need. They should be able to verifiy that your training meets NZ standards and the NCNZ should be OK with that. (It worked for me anyway, so good luck.
Dei.
Old Feb 16th 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

Honeybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really niceHoneybug is just really nice

Originally Posted by forshy
Hiya,
I work at Oldham.............. for the next 3 weeks anyhow
I was the same re transcrips as i trained in Huddersfield but it want a problem as the NMC have them so dont worry. As for the Ielts because I failed it first time on the reading I got a couple of books to help which to be honest was a saving grace and it wasnt easy as there are two tests the general and academic. We take the academic and I agree it is a real faff, good luck with it though and dont make the same mistakes I did!
forshy
Oldham! Now there are some memories!!! I grew up in Middleton.
Good Luck to you to Forshy!
Dei.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

imanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really nice

OMG! i cannot believe i have to go and sit and English speaking test!
the fact that im born and bred in England and have passed all my nursing qualifications here doesn't count for anything??

i got Matt to check and recheck for some small print exempting me from having to do a test! ... but nope! new regs say i have to do it

nearest and quickest available test will be in Liverpool on Saturday
wish me luck!!!!
hi there, just to let you know i just passed my english test in edinburgh, only advice i can give is to take your time and read the questions carefully i think you will be fine with the listening, speaking and writing part, do not skim the reading articles as it ends up taking longer and try to check your answers before your time is up.

sam
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:37 pm
Forum Regular

fitzandindiana is on a distinguished road

is this test just for nurses or will my husband have to take the test? He's an anaesthetic technician.
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:45 pm
Forum Regular

imanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really niceimanurse is just really nice

Originally Posted by fitzandindiana
is this test just for nurses or will my husband have to take the test? He's an anaesthetic technician.
i am not really sure, however there are a couple of FY2 docs that i work with who are going to nz in august and they did not have to take the test, best thing will be to check with his registration body, sorry i was not more help

Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by imanurse
hi there, just to let you know i just passed my english test in edinburgh, only advice i can give is to take your time and read the questions carefully i think you will be fine with the listening, speaking and writing part, do not skim the reading articles as it ends up taking longer and try to check your answers before your time is up.

sam
well done you!!
i cant book my test just yet as im scheduled for surgery this thursday. but ive been practising with an IELTS book which is a big help. the reading tests are definitely the hardest, and ive found some easier than others. depends on the subject really. if its a bit boring its harder to concentrate!
thats great news for you...so how long until you get the certificate?
Old Mar 9th 2010, 5:55 pm
Forum Regular

well done you!!
i cant book my test just yet as im scheduled for surgery this thursday. but ive been practising with an IELTS book which is a big help. the reading tests are definitely the hardest, and ive found some easier than others. depends on the subject really. if its a bit boring its harder to concentrate!
thats great news for you...so how long until you get the certificate?
thanks sent all my paperwork away but the uni held it all up with the transcript , as soon as they get that it is taking approx 20 days to register so hopefully only got about 15 left good luck with your surgery and exam
Old Mar 10th 2010, 7:09 pm
Forum Regular

DavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to allDavenHelen is a name known to all

hi all

bit slow have just read the posts ... I was one of the 1st to do project 2000 at NMGH and we all lived at Booth Hall
continued to live in north mcr ( prestwich ) when we qualifyed in 93 but got a job at the MRI and never went back -
happy times !!

Helenx
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:07 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Well as this is turning into a northern nurse thread I'll add ex MRI ICU and Royal Blackburn ICU-- now Auckland CVICU!!

As for the English test it works both ways, a kiwi born has to pass an english test to reg with NMC. On top NMC demands a course to teach how to practice within uk and EU law!!
Old Mar 11th 2010, 9:18 am
Lord of The Pies

teeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to beholdteeym is a splendid one to behold

Liverpool is booked up, so have to wait a few weeks to do it now. perhaps thats a blessing!

Particularly if it's a computer based test - rumour has it the keyboards are a bit different in that neck of the woods.

Old Mar 12th 2010, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: CALLING ALL Nurses!

Originally Posted by teeym
Particularly if it's a computer based test - rumour has it the keyboards are a bit different in that neck of the woods.

http://www.bodyconscious.net/wp-cont...-down-anon.jpg
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:59 am
BE Enthusiast

MattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to beholdMattandJax is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by owen
Well as this is turning into a northern nurse thread I'll add ex MRI ICU and Royal Blackburn ICU-- now Auckland CVICU!!

As for the English test it works both ways, a kiwi born has to pass an english test to reg with NMC. On top NMC demands a course to teach how to practice within uk and EU law!!
this is great! but what does it say for us all wanting to leave? the poor state of working for the NHS

we should all have a big meet up over there!
Old Mar 15th 2010, 9:15 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: CALLING ALL Nurses!

this is great! but what does it say for us all wanting to leave? the poor state of working for the NHS

we should all have a big meet up over there!

i am up for that would be great to meet up and be merry
Old Mar 15th 2010, 8:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

bevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond reputebevissa65 has a reputation beyond repute

OMG! i cannot believe i have to go and sit and English speaking test!
the fact that im born and bred in England and have passed all my nursing qualifications here doesn't count for anything??

i got Matt to check and recheck for some small print exempting me from having to do a test! ... but nope! new regs say i have to do it

nearest and quickest available test will be in Liverpool on Saturday
wish me luck!!!!
Hi, its a bummer isn't it? Had to do it last year and passed (thank god) as numpty said, revise, revise and read the questions more than once. I found the speaking part worst thing. Surprising really as i can talk for England usually (should that be New Zealand now) Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine Bevissa

Last edited by bevissa65; Mar 15th 2010 at 8:02 pm. Reason: Passed test but still can't spell!!!
Old Mar 16th 2010, 10:12 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bevissa65
Hi, its a bummer isn't it? Had to do it last year and passed (thank god) as numpty said, revise, revise and read the questions more than once. I found the speaking part worst thing. Surprising really as i can talk for England usually (should that be New Zealand now) Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine Bevissa
had to postpone the test until April now, as had to go in for neck surgery and cannot bear the thought of sitting with my head down for long periods at the moment.
BTW... how long does the whole testing take? do you get breaks between sections?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.