Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Calling all Live Music Fans: Kapiti, Hutt & Wellington

Calling all Live Music Fans: Kapiti, Hutt & Wellington

Old Jun 17th 2007, 5:58 am
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice
Default Calling all Live Music Fans: Kapiti, Hutt & Wellington

Hi guys....

My band (The Soul Miners) are playing the Sandbar, Mana next Friday 22nd June. It would be great to swell the ranks with some pommie support and meet some of you expats in the flesh.

It's always a good night as some of you know, so if you can make it, come and say hi. I'm on drums.

Here's some more info on the band and its music:
http://www.wotzon.com/profilepage.ht...002714&CatID=2

Maybe see you there?

Richard
Old Jun 17th 2007, 6:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Calling all Live Music Fans: Kapiti, Hutt & Wellington

Originally Posted by dicknlyn
Hi guys....

My band (The Soul Miners) are playing the Sandbar, Mana next Friday 22nd June. It would be great to swell the ranks with some pommie support and meet some of you expats in the flesh.

It's always a good night as some of you know, so if you can make it, come and say hi. I'm on drums.

Here's some more info on the band and its music:
http://www.wotzon.com/profilepage.ht...002714&CatID=2

Maybe see you there?

Richard

Hi Richard,

There'll be about 8 pommie drunken lasses out. Is your wife going - as were having a girlie night out. Just Winnie's hubby coming as Minder.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:20 am
Forum Regular

dicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nicedicknlyn is just really nice

Originally Posted by Boopy
Hi Richard,

There'll be about 8 pommie drunken lasses out. Is your wife going - as were having a girlie night out. Just Winnie's hubby coming as Minder.
Well...I may certainly be able to tempt her to come along. She normally hates being a drummer's widow at gigs, but if there's going to be people to meet and chat to then she may well join you. That'd be great!
Will let you know in due course.

BTW, Boopy.... you're not from Tunstall Road are you? :-)

Last edited by dicknlyn; Jun 17th 2007 at 9:23 am.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:24 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

I'll be there with Boopy et al - you're wife would be more than welcome to join us.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:26 am
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by donnaf
I'll be there with Boopy et al - you're wife would be more than welcome to join us.
I'll have to give this one a miss! Can you manage without me?
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Hey! Cool, Donna. Cheers. We normally get there at about half seven or eight to set up and play by nine. Hope you like James Brown, Commitments, soul, R&B and funky stuff.

Richard
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

donnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to beholddonnaf is a splendid one to behold

BTW, Boopy.... you're not from Tunstall Road are you? :-)[/QUOTE]

Tunstall Road in Sunderland or is there one in NZ????
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by karonious
I'll have to give this one a miss! Can you manage without me?
It just won't be the same...but there will be other occasions. Can you get us a gig in Hamilton?
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Tunstall Road in Sunderland or is there one in NZ????[/QUOTE]

Sunderland of course!!! My Uncle used to live there way back. :-)
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Boopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond reputeBoopy has a reputation beyond repute

Well...I may certainly be able to tempt her to come along. She normally hates being a drummer's widow at gigs, but if there's going to be people to meet and chat to then she may well join you. That'd be great!
Will let you know in due course.

Not Tunstall Rd, but I used to work at "The Tunstall Unit" - detox/rehab unit -honest - a nurse there not a patient!
I'm from Shiney Row.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:39 am
BE Forum Addict

Tunstall Road in Sunderland or is there one in NZ????
Sunderland of course!!! My Uncle used to live there way back. :-)[/QUOTE]

Wow! what a small world. My brother lives at Ashbrooke.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

I'm not familiar with any other parts of Sunderland, Boopy. It was donkeys years ago. But there was more family in Gosforth, Newcastle. Other than that I'm a west Londoner (Uxbridge, Hillingdon area)
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:45 am
Forum Regular

Do any of you Porirua folk have any idea who to contact for gigs at Porirua WMC?
Old Jun 17th 2007, 9:47 am
BE Forum Addict

I'm not familiar with any other parts of Sunderland, Boopy. It was donkeys years ago. But there was more family in Gosforth, Newcastle. Other than that I'm a west Londoner (Uxbridge, Hillingdon area)
My son was bassist in a, band & gigged around Newcastle - the dog & parrot what a dive, the cooperage, head of steam etc.
Old Jun 17th 2007, 10:33 am
Banned

RADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really niceRADI is just really nice

PM sent to you dicknlyn

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.