A C C

Old Sep 20th 2013, 1:37 am

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default A C C

so after being told numerous times that ACC means you get free medical care I have learnt today that is not the case - not sure if it is a new thing.

After my fall the other week the Dr registered it as a ACC appt, meant I got $1.50 off the consultation fee bringing the visit down to $46.50. Had to return again today because arm is still playing up, again just a $1.50 reduction on the consultation fee. Been told I can't claim the fees back and when I asked if I need to have further care, physio or steroid injection the Dr seemed unclear as to who would cover the cost.

anyone have any information on this or would I be best just calling ACC ?
Old Sep 20th 2013, 8:51 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A C C

Originally Posted by MrsFychan
so after being told numerous times that ACC means you get free medical care I have learnt today that is not the case - not sure if it is a new thing.

After my fall the other week the Dr registered it as a ACC appt, meant I got $1.50 off the consultation fee bringing the visit down to $46.50. Had to return again today because arm is still playing up, again just a $1.50 reduction on the consultation fee. Been told I can't claim the fees back and when I asked if I need to have further care, physio or steroid injection the Dr seemed unclear as to who would cover the cost.

anyone have any information on this or would I be best just calling ACC ?
Well I think that you get actual treatment paid for - have you had treatment other than the consultations? Might be worth a call to ACC.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Physio is no longer free on ACC, but the appointments are at a reduced price. I am paying $40 per half hour (reduced rate!!)

To get the reduced rate, you quote the ACC case reference number from the letter they send you after your doctor files your claim.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 9:52 am

MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute

oh joy, well lets hope resting it will do the trick
Old Sep 20th 2013, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Physio is no longer free on ACC, but the appointments are at a reduced price. I am paying $40 per half hour (reduced rate!!)

To get the reduced rate, you quote the ACC case reference number from the letter they send you after your doctor files your claim.
Me & the OH have both had free physio under ACC this year, mine finished in May, OH's about a month ago.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 11:00 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickey_d
Me & the OH have both had free physio under ACC this year, mine finished in May, OH's about a month ago.
Did your injuries happen in the workplace? If yes, then I think that's the difference between free and subsidised treatment.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cappuccino
Did your injuries happen in the workplace? If yes, then I think that's the difference between free and subsidised treatment.
Ours were yes, but a friend of ours had free physio at the same place around Christmas last year & she broke her arm at home. Is it a recent change?

Anyway, I hope never have to go through the stress of using them again. Apparently they are pretty good with a short term injury i.e. a week or two out of action, but long term like me, 4 months, they were a nightmare. Didn't receive a cent until about 10 weeks in. For us we were OK as OH is the main earner, but if it had been the other way around we would have been in trouble.
Old Sep 20th 2013, 11:02 pm

Think I'm going to call them on Monday as the website makes me think I can claim the DR's cost back and also nail down if I do need physio whether I would need to pay.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 11:07 pm

so not happy.

ok have spoken to ACC and Drs today.

ACC pay out $34.86 towards consultation
Government do not fund ACC consultations
so
Dr charge the full consultation fee (non funded fee) of $85

So patient has to make up the difference.

You can claim back medication fees. You request a payment form to be sent, fill in and send Original receipt for prescription.

ACC does pay for physio $26.00 per visit, patient makes up any difference.
Old Sep 24th 2013, 11:22 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

THat sound about right to me. A few years ago Mr BEVS needed physio big-time and to start with it was free via ACC. Subsequently the rules changed and Mr BEVS had to start paying a proportion of the fees as the physio treatment was only partially funded.

Found THIS if it will work

Last edited by BEVS; Sep 24th 2013 at 11:29 pm. Reason: add
Old Sep 25th 2013, 12:33 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Mrs F. I thought about you yesterday when I drove past the top of Pukeura Bay Road. I wondered how you were getting along after your tumble a little while ago.

Thanks for the update. I hope you get some co-operation out of ACC soon.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:08 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

ACC are a mystery to me. I had a bike accident a few weeks ago was taken to A&E by ambulance. All paid for plus follow ups with OT.

Hubby was injured at work, off work signed off by doc for 8 weeks, eventually had to quit and get a different job. Despite the doc saying it was an ACC claim, we haven't received a single cent.

He was paid no sick pay by work. Eventually was forced to work elsewhere because we couldn't afford him to not work while we wait for ACC to decide whether to pay, or not.
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:11 am

ACC has been ok for me, it was them that offered to pay for an script I had paid out for, just waiting on the form.

M_and_M - I would chase them and ask what the hold up is or explain to you why you haven't recvd any monies
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:13 am
BE Enthusiast

M_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond reputeM_and_M has a reputation beyond repute

Have chased and chased and chased and am getting nowhere MrsFychan
Old Sep 26th 2013, 6:51 am

oohhh not good, have they given you any reason why they cannot tell you what is happening?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.