Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

buying starting a business in new zealand

buying starting a business in new zealand

Old Aug 8th 2012, 5:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of
Default buying starting a business in new zealand

well , job offer we had, has not happened, as there work has really slowed down and they have laid off two more people,

can any body give, me some info about maybe buying a business in NZ i know visas cost a lot, and you need money to live on just thinking at this stage, as theres no age limit thanks for any replies
Old Aug 8th 2012, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

ellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond reputeellenarosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: buying starting a business in new zealand

Minimum of 25% of existing business, need to prove you have run a business before, or that you are capable. Business plan needed, etc etc. Also you have several stages to go through to prove you have fulfilled the criteria, PR is only granted approx 3 years after starting/owning your business.

There are several threads on here about this very subject, have a look.

Good luck

ps Yes there is no upper age limit as far as I am aware for this type of visa, and yes unfortunately it is more expensive.
Old Aug 8th 2012, 5:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ellenarosemary
Minimum of 25% of existing business, need to prove you have run a business before, or that you are capable. Business plan needed, etc etc. Also you have several stages to go through to prove you have fulfilled the criteria, PR is only granted approx 3 years after starting/owning your business.

There are several threads on here about this very subject, have a look.

Good luck

ps Yes there is no upper age limit as far as I am aware for this type of visa, and yes unfortunately it is more expensive.
thanks for this yes have run our own business, looking at your reply think we would meet there requirements, still mulling it over for now
Old Aug 8th 2012, 6:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

Theres work round ChCh on the pumps but the moneys not great

Neil
Old Aug 8th 2012, 7:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jan n Neil
Theres work round ChCh on the pumps but the moneys not great

Neil
thanks neil for that, only trouble is all our friends are in tauranga, we were offered 25% of a concrete pump firm in the bay of plenty, meant moving to rotorua, think in the end that for fell though any way,

just though maybe we could buy a business for us both but let my wife run it with a kiwi friend of ours, then i could still pump concrete and bring home a wage was only going to be on $23 an hour any way,

were look into it and weight up the cost and go from there
Old Aug 9th 2012, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

sparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond reputesparkytoad has a reputation beyond repute

No upper age limit if you start your own business, hmm where do I find out more about this???
I'm thinking about the parent side of things, would this be an "easier" way of coming over, could they buy into my business??
Any pointers, sorry for hijacking your thread CP
Old Aug 13th 2012, 6:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Hi there concretepump, well we were in the same situation as yourself, desperately wanted to move to NZ but didn't qualify for residency visa. We both applied for and made several contacts around our job experience but despite my OH having 3 job interviews, no offers. We were completely despondent but then speaking to a immigration lawyer who is a ex Brit, who is now in NZ we have decided to buy the lease on a motel.
We see the positives as being, we could choose where we wanted to live in NZ
Accommodation comes with the lease, thus reduced bills etc
With the two of us working there there we will always be around for our boys (7 & 10)
We will meet loads of new people from all over the world, never two days the same
Whilst we realise it will be hard work and it's certainly not Monday-Friday 9-5, but we like that
We are hoping to end up with a place by a Georgous beach in a beautiful part of NZ, Nelson
Our business visa application are being submitted this week, fingers crossed
Old Aug 13th 2012, 7:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Hi there concretepump, well we were in the same situation as yourself, desperately wanted to move to NZ but didn't qualify for residency visa. We both applied for and made several contacts around our job experience but despite my OH having 3 job interviews, no offers. We were completely despondent but then speaking to a immigration lawyer who is a ex Brit, who is now in NZ we have decided to buy the lease on a motel.
We see the positives as being, we could choose where we wanted to live in NZ
Accommodation comes with the lease, thus reduced bills etc
With the two of us working there there we will always be around for our boys (7 & 10)
We will meet loads of new people from all over the world, never two days the same
Whilst we realise it will be hard work and it's certainly not Monday-Friday 9-5, but we like that
We are hoping to end up with a place by a Georgous beach in a beautiful part of NZ, Nelson
Our business visa application are being submitted this week, fingers crossed
hope things work out okay for you, have bean thinking about buying cafe restaurant etc, taking on a kiwi friend, and me doing my old job where it can bring in some money right away, but your right there are loads of places with accomodation, and that should make life easier , let me know how you get
Old Aug 15th 2012, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

moonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to beholdmoonie2011 is a splendid one to behold

Well we submitted our business visas in NZ yesterday :eek
Everthing crossed now that Immigration says yes
Old Nov 2nd 2012, 9:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Please read HERE for moonie's post

Let's keep any comments all in the one place please
Old Nov 4th 2012, 8:36 am
BE Enthusiast

Bevs, i am only trying to update those people who have supported me within the threads, by deleting some of my updates some people who have asked for an update wont get to know
Old Nov 4th 2012, 8:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by moonie2011
Bevs, i am only trying to update those people who have supported me within the threads, by deleting some of my updates some people who have asked for an update wont get to know
Yes. They will see your update. I have linked to your own thread.
It's not strictly the ticket to post the same message to several threads as that takes those individual threads off their own topic.