Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Buying contact lenses

Buying contact lenses

Old Feb 16th 2010, 10:36 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buying contact lenses

I'm finally looking at having to buy some contact lenses now that I'm coming to the end of those that I brought over from the UK.

There seems to be a big difference in cost between the high street and online so am definitely going to go for online. I have done a search on here and there are previous threads on this but the last one seems to be about a year ago. Things can change in a year!

Basically are there any particular sites that anyone can recommend ie cheap, reliable and trustworthy.
I've had a recent eye test and contact lens check and just need more of the same, nothing has changed.
Thanks
Sue
Old Feb 16th 2010, 11:45 pm
Forum Regular

dubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nicedubstar is just really nice
Default Re: Buying contact lenses

HI

I get mine from clearly contacts dot co dot nz

never had any issues and they are reasonably priced
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:55 am
SLH
Forum Regular

SLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud ofSLH has much to be proud of

I get mine from clearlycontacts too. They also sell glasses from $48 a pair if you need some. I have never had any problems they actually come from America but you pay in NZ$ and take 4-5 days usually. Good luck
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:11 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Clearly contacts for me too!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:14 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

I used to use clearly contacts but switched to lensesonline co nz; they are based in Orewa and consistently cheaper than clearly contacts. Very reliable and quick delivery
Old Feb 17th 2010, 5:41 am

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

I get my dailys contact lenses from a opticians in town only $45 per box
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:17 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
I used to use clearly contacts but switched to lensesonline co nz; they are based in Orewa and consistently cheaper than clearly contacts. Very reliable and quick delivery
Another vote here for lensesonline. Great service and price.
Old Feb 17th 2010, 8:51 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by love30stm
I get my dailys contact lenses from a opticians in town only $45 per box
How many to a box? My last order with lensesonline was $69 per box of 90 Focus daily lenses (simple prescription)
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

I hadn't really thought about buying my contact lenses when I get to NZ. I had a look at lensesonline and they have my lenses and at a good price. I noticed you can order large amounts of them. Do they ask you for a recent prescription or can you buy them without one?
Old Feb 17th 2010, 4:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lee Lee
I hadn't really thought about buying my contact lenses when I get to NZ. I had a look at lensesonline and they have my lenses and at a good price. I noticed you can order large amounts of them. Do they ask you for a recent prescription or can you buy them without one?
I don't think they asked for a prescription. Very sensible to get this checked every year or so anyway
Old Feb 17th 2010, 6:09 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

How many to a box? My last order with lensesonline was $69 per box of 90 Focus daily lenses (simple prescription)
Oh thanks mine are for 30!
Old Feb 17th 2010, 9:19 pm
Queen of the Underworld

Persephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond reputePersephone has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone, I've had a look at the two mentioned and lensesonline do come out $33 cheaper for 6m supply so will look at using them.
The High street prices were all a lot higher and I mean a lot!. If I bought them from the place I got my eyes tested it would cost me £600 for the 6m instead of $306 at lensesonline A big difference...
Old Feb 18th 2010, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Persephone
Thanks everyone, I've had a look at the two mentioned and lensesonline do come out $33 cheaper for 6m supply so will look at using them.
The High street prices were all a lot higher and I mean a lot!. If I bought them from the place I got my eyes tested it would cost me £600 for the 6m instead of $306 at lensesonline A big difference...
just send me 10% by PM
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:17 am
Queen of the Underworld

just send me 10% by PM
And I suppose Cappuccino will be wanting her cut as well... might be worth going with clearlycontacts if that's the case

Last edited by Persephone; Feb 18th 2010 at 6:21 am.
Old Feb 18th 2010, 6:26 am
BE Forum Addict

cappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond reputecappuccino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Persephone
And I suppose Cappuccino will be wanting her cut as well... might be worth going with clearlycontacts if that's the case