Buying a car?

Old Dec 12th 2010, 9:50 pm
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Buying a car?

Its proberly been asked on here before, but is trade me a reliable source when it comes to buying cars? or would buying from the garage be the safest option ,the garage is proberly the dearer of the two but i dont do repairing cars, i think lifes to short!
Old Dec 12th 2010, 10:16 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Buying a car?

Originally Posted by mwhite1962
Its proberly been asked on here before, but is trade me a reliable source when it comes to buying cars? or would buying from the garage be the safest option ,the garage is proberly the dearer of the two but i dont do repairing cars, i think lifes to short!
We sold our car through Trade me, our buyer bought a full AA check before paying up (done at local dealership garage)....might be worth doing if your unsure about mechanics.
HTH
Old Dec 12th 2010, 10:39 pm
Account Closed

harrogate girl is an unknown quantity at this point

Its proberly been asked on here before, but is trade me a reliable source when it comes to buying cars? or would buying from the garage be the safest option ,the garage is proberly the dearer of the two but i don't do repairing cars, i think lifes to short!
I have to say my other half is just like you so buying a car has to come from a garage so we have the fall back. Don't pay the price they want and dont tell them you have just arrived.....
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:51 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

There is quite a lot of consumer protection if you buy the car from a registered dealer. I just had experience of buying a newly imported Estima, it turned out to have a serious problem which the retailer and probably the importer couldn´t have known about (but the last Japanese owner would have for sure). The car was replaced without argument with a better model with slightly less miles and I had a courtesy car while the replacement was sorted.

I´m happy to PM you the Auckland dealers details, I have no connection with them (other than as a happy customer), but I have to say that was the BEST response I have Ever had from ANY car dealer I have ever dealt with - and it was the worst problem I have ever bought a car with - but you needed to drive it for 100Km+ for it to be apparant.

Had that been a private sale I´d have been stuffed!
Old Dec 13th 2010, 9:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

we got a nice little MR2 on trade me at the min if anybody fancies it ?

Neil
Old Dec 13th 2010, 10:49 am
Just Joined

removalizer is an unknown quantity at this point

I am an mot tester by trade and the bar far the most reliable car is the Honda (any model)
Old Dec 13th 2010, 11:57 am
mick/caz

mwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond reputemwhite1962 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by simonsi
There is quite a lot of consumer protection if you buy the car from a registered dealer. I just had experience of buying a newly imported Estima, it turned out to have a serious problem which the retailer and probably the importer couldn´t have known about (but the last Japanese owner would have for sure). The car was replaced without argument with a better model with slightly less miles and I had a courtesy car while the replacement was sorted.

I´m happy to PM you the Auckland dealers details, I have no connection with them (other than as a happy customer), but I have to say that was the BEST response I have Ever had from ANY car dealer I have ever dealt with - and it was the worst problem I have ever bought a car with - but you needed to drive it for 100Km+ for it to be apparant.

Had that been a private sale I´d have been stuffed!
That would be great if you could PM me, we will be in Rotorua, but if we cannot find anything down there, we can have a day out in Auckland as we have a couple of weeks to kill before OH starts her job.
Many thanks
Old Dec 14th 2010, 1:53 am
BE Enthusiast

lisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond reputelisamct has a reputation beyond repute

Being a typical girl and knowing nothing about cars so I went for a dealer. If your after an import I would definitely recommend the dealer I used here in Rotorua.
Let me know if your interested and I'll PM you their info (again no affiliation just like to pass on good service..and they make a good cuppa!)
Old Dec 14th 2010, 3:13 am
mick/caz

Originally Posted by lisamct
Being a typical girl and knowing nothing about cars so I went for a dealer. If your after an import I would definitely recommend the dealer I used here in Rotorua.
Let me know if your interested and I'll PM you their info (again no affiliation just like to pass on good service..and they make a good cuppa!)
If you could lisamct that would be great, as far as buying a car goes i really dont think i will have much say in what we buy, it will proberly be economical, reliable and completely the opposite of anything i would buy, so if you could pass on the dealers details etc...

Thanks
Old Dec 18th 2010, 12:53 am
Forum Regular

rogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond reputerogercruse has a reputation beyond repute

There is quite a lot of consumer protection if you buy the car from a registered dealer...
Me too!

Being quite tall (6' 5" and not a bend-able as was I once was), simply walked into a dealer and explained that I wanted a car that I could fit in comfortably.

Two hours later (test drive, paperwork, temperamental cash card, etc) and the car was mine. I left them to fully service it, get a fresh WOF and picked it up the following morning to drive from Wellington to Auckland.

OK, I probably should have shopped around and I intend on doing so, but then the time required to do subsequent test drives, etc persuaded me against this course of action.

Car still OK after three months and a happy Toyota Corolla owner.
Old Dec 18th 2010, 3:54 am
Tauranga

chubnut is an unknown quantity at this point

I am selling my car as i am returning to the U.K. Wish i could take it with me as most reliable i have ever owned. see car at
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=340997418

Any viewing possible
Old Dec 18th 2010, 8:02 am
Just Joined

dolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nice

I bought my car from TradeMe when I arrived back in October, and found the guy I was dealing with to be really genuine. Got a real bargain on my car, and it came with a full W.O.F, had just had a service, and had 12 months rego on it.

Just look for the same things you would when buying a car in the UK.

Youll probably find that TradeMe comes up a lot in conversation here.. Its most kiwi's local store. :-)
Old Dec 21st 2010, 2:35 am
Just Joined

RickAlbany is an unknown quantity at this point

if you want a cheap run-around (under $4k) then trade-me for sure, otherwise go to a dealer where you have some security and protection should something go wrong
Old Dec 21st 2010, 3:46 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rickalbanytoyota
if you want a cheap run-around (under $4k) then trade-me for sure, otherwise go to a dealer where you have some security and protection should something go wrong
But Trademe will still be a lottery unless you buy from the same guy as dolley used....
Old Dec 21st 2010, 10:57 am
Just Joined

dolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nicedolley is just really nice

But Trademe will still be a lottery unless you buy from the same guy as dolley used....
Theres a lot of genuine people on there.. Just make sure you arrange to view the car first.. Which kind of speaks for itself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.