Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

BUYERS DROPPED OUT!

BUYERS DROPPED OUT!

Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all
Default BUYERS DROPPED OUT!

Hello

We have had the call today from the solicitors informing us that our buyers have reduced their offer by 10k at the 11th hour
We were just about to exchange!
SO, have taken the house off the market and going to enjoy christmas without people trapesing through our home.
I'm not sure if we can go through it all again, I think we are all knackered with all the 'not knowing'.
Our PR expires in July 09, we will see how we feel in January (we may get excited again when we watch Wanted Down Under!).

Thanks for all the recent advice and offers from those of you in ChCh

Cheers Jads
Old Nov 19th 2008, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BUYERS DROPPED OUT!

Know how you feel jads,our potential buyer kept saying "I'm not here to waste your time" and that's exactly what he did,and more. We have now resigned ourselves that nothing will happen now until probably March time if then. It helps a little to know we are not the only ones in this situation......but only a little. Hang in there

Phyl x
Old Nov 19th 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Moomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond reputeMoomoo has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to hear your news - hang in there and stay positive.

We had to rent our property in the UK before we left for NZ and have no idea when we will be able to sell it. It is not on the market any more, but I really feel for those who are trying to sell at the moment.

Best wishes and enjoy a happy and stress free Christmas
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:53 am
BE Enthusiast

nukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond reputenukiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jads
Hello

We have had the call today from the solicitors informing us that our buyers have reduced their offer by 10k at the 11th hour
We were just about to exchange!
SO, have taken the house off the market and going to enjoy christmas without people trapesing through our home.
I'm not sure if we can go through it all again, I think we are all knackered with all the 'not knowing'.
Our PR expires in July 09, we will see how we feel in January (we may get excited again when we watch Wanted Down Under!).

Thanks for all the recent advice and offers from those of you in ChCh

Cheers Jads
Glad you told them to eff off!! its a despicable practice which we are hearing more and more. If you can possibly afford to then rent it out instead. We have done exactly that as we did not have time to sell before we left the UK. I know when we come to sell and someone tries it on with us, we will also tell them where to go.

We wish you well in whatever you decide.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nukiwi
Glad you told them to eff off!! its a despicable practice which we are hearing more and more. If you can possibly afford to then rent it out instead. We have done exactly that as we did not have time to sell before we left the UK. I know when we come to sell and someone tries it on with us, we will also tell them where to go.

We wish you well in whatever you decide.

Totally agree. I utterly hate people who do this..its the lowest of the low..when you agree a price thats it.. Over here I bought a gaff at full asking, the twat then 24hrs later wanted another $1k. I told him where to go..he came to his senses 48 hrs later. That equated to asking for an extra less than one quarter of one per cent of the asking price!!!!!!!

It should be illegal. Once a price is set and agreed thats it.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:35 am
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all

If you really wanted to move you'd have taken the drop, seen whats the markets doing at the moment?????
Old Nov 20th 2008, 8:52 am
Forum Regular

iain_moore is on a distinguished road

Sorry to hear about that. Didnt think you were allowed to drop your offer once you had made it - thats what our solicitor told us anyway. I would check into it.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 9:06 am
Forum Regular

lyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nicelyndanchris is just really nice

Hi
I totally sympathise with you as we are all aware of the amount of time wasters that are out there. There is justice for having the last laugh though!!!
When I sold my last house I put it on the market and accepted a 5K drop in price on the condition that it was sold quickly. 1 week before completion the buyers wanted more money off, when I declined this I put a time scale on of 4pm to continue with the purchase or drop out and I would put the house back on the market for 10K more. I had a phone call at 4.10pm to say they were willing to continue but I told the estate agent that they were 10 minutes too late and to add the 10K to the price (knowing it would be out of their price range). I sold the house the following day for full asking price. Maybe taught the original buyers a lesson in messing people around and maybe saved someone else going through the same trauma!!!! Good luck when you decide to market again, I hope you are able to sell quickly. In the meantime have a lovely xmas.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

jads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to alljads is a name known to all

Originally Posted by eddie_nz
If you really wanted to move you'd have taken the drop, seen whats the markets doing at the moment?????
Reducing the price by 10k wouldn't have been a good start to our new lives in NZ, thats alot of $$$$!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

But, the market ain't gonna get better next year, only worse. As more folks lose their jobs and their spending ability, less and less will be thinking of moving and more and more houses will have For Sale signs in the street.

Things have changed drastically over the past months (although this was always on the cards) and houses may not make a profit or break even when selling, and sellers may have to come to terms with this. Sellers had it's good for years - now it's a buyers word. That's life!
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

whitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to beholdwhitesand is a splendid one to behold

buyers' world
Old Nov 20th 2008, 2:31 pm
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jads
Reducing the price by 10k wouldn't have been a good start to our new lives in NZ, thats alot of $$$$!

27K NZD that isn't much in the real world what price place are you looking at in NZ???

thats before the UKP falls more

Can't see the uk market getting better after christmas
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

hippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the roughhippychic23 is a jewel in the rough

you poor things - our house hasn't sold - but I have no intention of letting that stop us - we go in 12 days. have rented out our home for a stupid low price to a friend so that it wont be empty (and devalue it even more). He promised to show potential buyers around while he is here - and so we will rent in NZ and wait for prices to rise... it must be so painful to sell lower than you feel the house is worth. if NZ is really your dream - don't let it go if you can help it at all... good luck, I hope all gets sorted out... it is the ex-buyers who have lost out of your perfect home eh?? they will either come round - or regret it if they can't find anywhere as nice - remember Karma - what goes around comes around.
chin up
Old Nov 20th 2008, 4:34 pm
Forum Regular

Bonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant futureBonniewoo has a brilliant future

We were in the same position in the summer after putting our house on the market round about March time. We had a couple of offers, but too low to accept (according to my OH). I wanted to accept our last offer and just take the money and run but my OH didn't want to start a new life with far less money to go with than we originally planned we would have.

His job offer eventually fell through as the employer was fed up with waiting, so we've now decided to stay here and make the most of it. I guess it has made us both realise it was me who wanted the move the most and my OH was following my dream and not his. I think if we had both wanted the move equally as much then he too would have wanted to accept a lower offer on the house. At the end of the day if you have to drop 10k here then you will probably be able to offer lower else where with the economy being so bad on a global scale.

Good luck though to everyone still trying to sell.
Old Nov 20th 2008, 5:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Deedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond reputeDeedee13 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bonniewoo
We were in the same position in the summer after putting our house on the market round about March time. We had a couple of offers, but too low to accept (according to my OH). I wanted to accept our last offer and just take the money and run but my OH didn't want to start a new life with far less money to go with than we originally planned we would have.

His job offer eventually fell through as the employer was fed up with waiting, so we've now decided to stay here and make the most of it. I guess it has made us both realise it was me who wanted the move the most and my OH was following my dream and not his. I think if we had both wanted the move equally as much then he too would have wanted to accept a lower offer on the house. At the end of the day if you have to drop 10k here then you will probably be able to offer lower else where with the economy being so bad on a global scale.

Good luck though to everyone still trying to sell.
just because the economy is crap dont get pulled into the grab what u can get and run. Money is money it doesnt matter what continent u are on. And Scammers are out there to make $s out of u. They disgust me that people are like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.