Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Business visitor visa?

Business visitor visa?

Old Jan 17th 2007, 10:07 am
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future
Default Business visitor visa?

Hi All
We are planning to come to NZ as soon as our house is sold. We have a PR application running and have been selected from the pool but, with no job offer, it will take ages.

So we plan to come asap and I will get a job on arrival, and then progress PR. I already have companies that would offer me interviews (i am a sales manager in the packaging industry). I have read something about business visitors visas being needed to do this as you cant come and job hunt on your passport alone.

We dont want to come out, go back to uk, and then move. We want to make a one way trip.

Is the business visitor visa the same as a business visa which is needed to start a new venture or is it something completely different. I can't find any other forms on NZ immigrations site except the business visa one which wants business plans etc which is not relevant.

Can someone help please!

Thanks

Sean
Old Jan 18th 2007, 2:32 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Business visitor visa?

Originally Posted by sean n View Post
Hi All
you cant come and job hunt on your passport alone.
Yes you can. At least you could. Don't know if things have changed.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 4:59 pm
sean n

sean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant futuresean n has a brilliant future

The NZIS web site say's that you can't and that you need a business visitors visa, but then i cant find any other reference on their website to this! I guess I will just have to ask NZIS once we have sold the house.

We will want to ship a container with our stuff in as well and I guess we would struggle to do this on a standard passport without some kind of visa.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 5:11 pm
Account Closed

mazi is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sean n View Post
We will want to ship a container with our stuff in as well and I guess we would struggle to do this on a standard passport without some kind of visa.
Oh yes, that is very true - when I shipped my stuff I had a work visa but Customs wouldn't let me have my stuff when it arrived in NZ - they wanted me to pay them 5000NZD to hand it over because they couldn't understand why I would want my things for only a year (in the event I stayed for 3). Naturally I refused and kicked up a big stink - my employers wrote a letter for me saying they would give me a job forever and after about three months of having my stuff sat in storage in Auckland, Customs finally said "oh, ok, you got us, we're thieves" (or something) and gave me my stuff. They then tried to charge me for the storage to which I replied something along the lines of "yeah, right". Funnily enough they didn't badger me about the storage ever again.
Old Jan 18th 2007, 9:15 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

OH went out in November on a visitors visa and had 2 weeks worth of interviews. . No problems