Reload this Page >

Burke Brother removals

Burke Brother removals

Old Jun 2nd 2008, 8:43 pm
Just Joined

Harriet1403 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Burke Brother removals

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can offer me any feedback on Burke Brothers removals (Wolverhampton) for shipping across to NZ. I need to make a decision and these guys are looking good, but would be interested to see if there are any positive or negative feed back from people that have used them.

Any general recommendation on shipping would also be great received!

Thanks!

Harriet
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:37 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all
Default Re: Burke Brother removals

Sorry have never heard of them, but check out other threads for removals, we have some Expats who used firms which sounded too good old to hit problems.

If the price is too good to be true, a great bargain it usually comes with 'hic cups'.

Expect to pay about £3,000+ insurance. Get a few quotes
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 9:46 pm
lionheart

howden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to allhowden40 is a name known to all

Sorry, had to break off, hit wrong button.

Fill all customs forms stating Used household goods

If bringing electrical gear - DVD players etc, bring some extension cords then you only need to buy a few adaptors, we accidentally packed some extension cords and I'm glad we did, saves a few dollars.

If you bring any xmas decs make sure they are not put in with anything else as they will be inspected at the cost of around $40 per carton - we hit that one. One santa put in a box of toys, 1 christmas novelty bike put in with another etc leading to 7 boxes checked at $40 each when it should have only been 1.
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:28 am
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Harriet1403
Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone can offer me any feedback on Burke Brothers removals (Wolverhampton) for shipping across to NZ. I need to make a decision and these guys are looking good, but would be interested to see if there are any positive or negative feed back from people that have used them.

Any general recommendation on shipping would also be great received!

Thanks!

Harriet
We used them to move from Sutton Coldfield to Blenheim... they were ace in the UK worked so hard and gave a really professional service. Over here awful, they used Allied Movers who arrived at 4pm to unpack a 40ft high cube and were gone by 6!!! Whirlwind experience. I would check that they are using Conroy's at this end as they are really good and I think they always use them now. Say "Hello" from the French family!!!
Old Jun 3rd 2008, 10:41 am
Just Joined

Harriet1403 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Frenchy
We used them to move from Sutton Coldfield to Blenheim... they were ace in the UK worked so hard and gave a really professional service. Over here awful, they used Allied Movers who arrived at 4pm to unpack a 40ft high cube and were gone by 6!!! Whirlwind experience. I would check that they are using Conroy's at this end as they are really good and I think they always use them now. Say "Hello" from the French family!!!
That's great, thanks very much for the info, I'll check with them about who they are using at that end. Appreciate your feed back!!