British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Burglary (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/burglary-717730/)

cappuccino May 20th 2011 6:59 am

Burglary

A friend, living in a 'good' suburb in Auckland, was burgled recently. He has very little of value in his rented place but the scumbags took the following items: duvet, vacuum cleaner, motorbike leathers/helmet/gloves, work uniform, t-shirts, jeans, 2 suits, long sleeved shirts and other random things.

They didn't touch his dvds/cds (probably didn't like his taste in films or music); TV; dvd player; laptop; foreign coins that were in a big jar; shoes (they obviously didn't like the look or smell of them!); ties (maybe they didn't know what they were?); neither did they touch the bike on the driveway.

The police didn't seem to be too bothered or surprised at the strange haul. My friend has been keeping an eye on Trade Me to see if anything turns up and he was positive he recognised one of the suits so told the police who didn't bother to follow it up.

Does anybody else think this is strange that they took mostly old clothes and left valuable items behind? :confused:

Genesis May 20th 2011 8:18 am

Re: Burglary

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 9376636)
A friend, living in a 'good' suburb in Auckland, was burgled recently. He has very little of value in his rented place but the scumbags took the following items: duvet, vacuum cleaner, motorbike leathers/helmet/gloves, work uniform, t-shirts, jeans, 2 suits, long sleeved shirts and other random things.

They didn't touch his dvds/cds (probably didn't like his taste in films or music); TV; dvd player; laptop; foreign coins that were in a big jar; shoes (they obviously didn't like the look or smell of them!); ties (maybe they didn't know what they were?); neither did they touch the bike on the driveway.

The police didn't seem to be too bothered or surprised at the strange haul. My friend has been keeping an eye on Trade Me to see if anything turns up and he was positive he recognised one of the suits so told the police who didn't bother to follow it up.

Does anybody else think this is strange that they took mostly old clothes and left valuable items behind? :confused:

Obviously a technophobe biker with no clothes a dirty carpet and an empty linen cupboard.

sr71 May 23rd 2011 5:57 am

Originally Posted by cappuccino (Post 9376636)
A friend, living in a 'good' suburb in Auckland,

The best ones to burgle, no point stealing from poor people who have no possessions or cheap rubbish.

cappuccino May 23rd 2011 8:55 am

Originally Posted by sr71 (Post 9381735)
The best ones to burgle, no point stealing from poor people who have no possessions or cheap rubbish.

But that is my point... my friend lives in a good area but his possessions were not expensive ie his clothes were old, low quality/work wear; a used duvet?? ; an old vacuum?? and they left the higher value items :confused:

pricklykina May 23rd 2011 9:00 am

stoners
kids
who can fathom...when we were burged they took the crappy tape to tape stereo that we kept under the house and not our flatmates technics set up. And they took hair clippers, a bong ...all the bogan stuff

hazeandsteve May 23rd 2011 9:31 am

You had a bong?:wink_smile:

pricklykina May 23rd 2011 10:43 am

:rofl: