Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

builders to contact

builders to contact

Old Nov 4th 2009, 9:45 am
  #1  
happy daisy
Thread Starter
 
spankysparkle's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: French Alps
Posts: 690
spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default builders to contact

Hi all

Can anyone recommend any good, reputable builders in the Chch/Darfield area that we can contact to get an idea of costs etc?

any advice/recommendations at all would be brilliant

thx
spankysparkle is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2009, 12:02 am
  #2  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: bottom of the world
Posts: 4,026
Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: builders to contact

Just seadrch for builders or home builders chch.
they all have plans and prices online then just look at what a
section costs and add the two together.

If you want a reputable company try GJ Gardner.
Justcol is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2009, 12:23 am
  #3  
BE Enthusiast
 
alanmacc's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Rolleston
Posts: 734
alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: builders to contact

Originally Posted by spankysparkle View Post
Hi all

Can anyone recommend any good, reputable builders in the Chch/Darfield area that we can contact to get an idea of costs etc?

any advice/recommendations at all would be brilliant

thx
we built our house in rolly with Gardner and had no issues in with it, teebrown is also building in rolly with gardner
alanmacc is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2009, 1:09 am
  #4  
Forum Regular
 
Rustie's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2006
Posts: 144
Rustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of lightRustie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: builders to contact

For building and grounds work, i've used Builderscrack http://builderscrack.co.nz/ which gives really rough estimates, plus you can post a job and get a multitude of all types of tradespeople to give you quotes, depending on the job.

You can also see how many jobs individuals have done, etc.
I don't think there are any estimates for full house builds but you could post an ad on there?
Rustie is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2009, 6:09 am
  #5  
BE Enthusiast
 
teebrown's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Rolleston, Canterbury NZ
Posts: 631
teebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond reputeteebrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: builders to contact

Hi yes we are currently building with GJ Gardeners, they have been very good so far, I have a little update thread go on here so you can see what we have done and at what stage http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...58#post7643858 . Also 'Today' homes and stonewood are building either side of us and they seem to be doing a good job. Don't forget you can get a quote from several builders with no obligation, the price also depends on what extras etc you put in, you can design a house or change an already exciting plan to what ever you wish, it's all very exciting.
teebrown is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2009, 7:50 am
  #6  
happy daisy
Thread Starter
 
spankysparkle's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: French Alps
Posts: 690
spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default Re: builders to contact

Originally Posted by teebrown View Post
Hi yes we are currently building with GJ Gardeners, they have been very good so far, I have a little update thread go on here so you can see what we have done and at what stage http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...58#post7643858 . Also 'Today' homes and stonewood are building either side of us and they seem to be doing a good job. Don't forget you can get a quote from several builders with no obligation, the price also depends on what extras etc you put in, you can design a house or change an already exciting plan to what ever you wish, it's all very exciting.
excellent! thanks all. at least now we have somewhere to start.

i was just wondering, if we wanted to build using our own plans rather than a builder's, would that make a huge difference in price? we would love to build a house with ground source heating
spankysparkle is offline  
Old Nov 5th 2009, 10:57 pm
  #7  
BE Enthusiast
 
alanmacc's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Rolleston
Posts: 734
alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: builders to contact

Originally Posted by spankysparkle View Post
excellent! thanks all. at least now we have somewhere to start.

i was just wondering, if we wanted to build using our own plans rather than a builder's, would that make a huge difference in price? we would love to build a house with ground source heating
hi, yep you can use your own plans with most builders but it is likely to add a fair bit of cost to the build as they would need to have the roof trusses and frames made special for the one off job, not a major issue as most of the places who machine the frames can do this.

It might be a little trickier getting a consent through as well .......... best to talk to somebody, if you try gardner we used the sales guy jim painter who was very helpful with us
alanmacc is offline  
Old Nov 6th 2009, 6:28 am
  #8  
happy daisy
Thread Starter
 
spankysparkle's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: French Alps
Posts: 690
spankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud ofspankysparkle has much to be proud of
Default Re: builders to contact

Originally Posted by alanmacc View Post
hi, yep you can use your own plans with most builders but it is likely to add a fair bit of cost to the build as they would need to have the roof trusses and frames made special for the one off job, not a major issue as most of the places who machine the frames can do this.

It might be a little trickier getting a consent through as well .......... best to talk to somebody, if you try gardner we used the sales guy jim painter who was very helpful with us
thanks alan! we'll look into that this weekend :0)
spankysparkle is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.