Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Budget & New Baby Questions!!

Budget & New Baby Questions!!

Old Feb 18th 2009, 3:06 pm
Forum Regular

Natalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really nice
Default Budget & New Baby Questions!!

Hello All,

My husband and I are aiming to be in Auckland for late May early June this year. We've had our EOI approved and are just waiting for our medicals and then we can send our ITA off (Very exciting!!!)
I'm pregnant and the baby is due in August so we've got a few challenges this year!!

We're hoping to rent a 2 bedroomed house on the North Shore and are trying to work out budgets!!

Paul will be earning a minimum of $1000 nzd after tax a week. Working on this figure can anyone advise what we should be looking to spend on rent (we were thinking about 300 - 400 pw) and what other things we need to bugdet for apart from food, power, telephone/broadband.
Do they have council tax and does anyone know the rough amount of this?

The other thing I was wanting to know is as I will be 6/7 months pregnant when I arrive what is the best way to get registered with a midwife or doctor? I would like a hospital birth if that helps?

Thank you in advance,

Natalie
Old Feb 18th 2009, 5:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

CarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond reputeCarolineSwan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Budget & New Baby Questions!!

Hi Natalie

firstly congrats on the baby thats fab news

budget wise i think you got that covered ,no rates when you in rented accomodation so really just rent we in a new build and costs us 360 pw ,food, elec our firstmonth was 111 bux ,sky/broadband/phone with vodaphone we are 90 a month we normally spend around 250 a week on food,we dont think about what we buy i just put in the trolly but im sure we could save if we tried on food budget

it would all depend on where you are going to live also as some areas dearer than others. as to midwife, i noticed a flyer on my doctors surgery notice board from a midwife saying to call if pregnant she will help all way through a pregnancy with all visits free of charge so im sure these are averywhere

anyway best of luck what an amazing year for you 3

caz
Old Feb 19th 2009, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

Natalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really niceNatalie1303 is just really nice
Default Re: Budget & New Baby Questions!!

Thank you Caz that's a great help,

Natalie