BTEC and NZQA

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 6:44 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute
Default BTEC and NZQA

Does anyone know if NZQA recognises BTEC OND qualifications?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 5:48 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BTEC and NZQA

They assessed my BTec Diploma circa 1985 no problem, so can't see any reason why not..
Just make sure you chase up BTec once NZQA have approached them. I had to push as our time limits were fast approaching.
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 7:03 am
BE Enthusiast

nero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond reputenero has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve View Post
They assessed my BTec Diploma circa 1985 no problem, so can't see any reason why not..
Just make sure you chase up BTec once NZQA have approached them. I had to push as our time limits were fast approaching.
Thanks Haze and Steve, we emailed NZQA and they redirected us to the NZ Immigration Site. Once there we found that it is recognised. We also found the level it is listed as. Luckily for us the info we found means we do not have to get the course assessed
Cheers again
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 12:13 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

so cos i'm stupid and the EOI is killing me

I have a btec onc in electrical engineering which i've lost
a btec hnc in electronic engineering which i think is on the list as level 5 (but it says engineering in the list)
and an indentured apprenticeship which i completed with british steel

Do they all go on the EOI, are they all relevant and is there a "EOI fo dummies" anywhere?
Old Sep 3rd 2009, 10:42 pm
Just Joined

gyroman is just really nicegyroman is just really nicegyroman is just really nicegyroman is just really nicegyroman is just really nicegyroman is just really nicegyroman is just really nicegyroman is just really nice

The EOI process is a bit of a minefield, have you had a provisional assessment of your quals from NZQA?
We found to our cost that all quals are relevant. In our case my wife was the principal applicant and the provisional assessment of her BTEC was at level 5 giving us 50 points (bear in mind that for this you only tell them about your quals, full assessment requires you sending the proof)
On selection of our EOI we sent off the paperwork, but could not find the course content paperwork for her diploma that she gained prior to the BTEC although we had the certificate. As a result NZQA sent the BTEC back a level 4. The diploma was was not assessed and as a result it was adjudged that the BTEC alone did not contain sufficient course work for level 5.
We got the decision on the 23rd December and our ITA had to be in by end of January. We had to go back to the college where the diploma was gained, get certified proof of course work and letter from the tutor and of course the college was closed until January!
We struck lucky, the tutor remembered her and got us the docs , we then fast tracked them to NZQA, having of course to pay again. NZIS London were sympathetic and gave us an extension and the BTEC came back at level 5.
Save the heart ache make sure you have everything before you send it.
Luckily there is loads of good advice on the forum and plenty of folks willing to help.