Reload this Page >

BTEC/NVQ 3 and NZQA

BTEC/NVQ 3 and NZQA

Old Sep 9th 2010, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

ametyhyst0323 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BTEC/NVQ 3 and NZQA

Hello all

We have finally managed to sell our house and begin our process to move to NZ.

My husband is main applicant - Primary school teacher 14 years experience with degree and PGCE. NZQA assessed and registered with the NZ teachers council.

I have been advised to have my qualifications assessed to see if they gain us an extra 20 points. I am a Pharmacy Technician 10 years experience with a NVQ level 3 in Pharmacy Services and a BTEC in science (pharmaceutical).

Does anyone know what level NZQA would be likely to award? Is it a level 5 we would need for the extra 20 points?

Husband is applying for jobs at minute and has had positive feedback so wondering if NZQA is worth doing now or just see if he gets a job offer.

Thanks for looking
Old Sep 10th 2010, 7:37 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BTEC/NVQ 3 and NZQA

My BTec diploma was assessed as level 5, different subject though.
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 11:59 am
Just Joined

Hi

Thanks fro the reply.

I applied for the pre-assessment and have been told a level 4 for both

"On the information available, the New Zealand Qualifications Authority (NZQA) assesses this qualification as comparable to the learning outcome of a qualification at Level 4 on the New Zealand Qualifications Framework. Please note that the two qualifications you have submitted for PAR assessment would be assessed in combination for purposes of a full assessment, if you so wish to progress."

Can we claim points on our EOI for a level 4? Have had a look but can't get my head round it today ( blame my baby brain)

Thanks
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:18 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, go for the points.
However, ALWAYS remember that your application and associated paperwork does not guarantee you admission to NZ. The application (including your NZQA assessment) can be amended, and they may just not like you!
Good luck though
Old Sep 22nd 2010, 6:25 pm
Just Joined

Wow thanks for the reply.

I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

I didn't think a level 4 would gain us the points

Thanks again
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

shaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura about

Hi, am Pharmacy Tech, been here nearly 5 years now. Not sure how it's assessed as came over on other half's points. Was level 3 over in UK and just had to do a few more papers i.e. legislation to be qualified to work in NZ. Hope this helps.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi Shaozzy

Are you hospital or retail based? Do you enjoy it?

I knew I would have to top up my qualifications when I get a job.

Not planning to work for a while to help settle my 7 year old and spend time with my 4 week old. But in the long term would love to see how it all compares with UK.
Old Sep 23rd 2010, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

shaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura aboutshaozzy has a spectacular aura about

Used to be in Hospital in UK and loved it! Started off in Waikato Hospital over here, but completely different and basically got bored! So went into community and love it there, so busy all the time. PM me if you want anymore info, happy to help you