British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Brunei Airport connection???? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/brunei-airport-connection-689452/)

louloumama Oct 13th 2010 9:17 pm

Brunei Airport connection????

Hi guys........

Anyone with experience of flying Royal Brunei Airlines.

Predicament I have ............ do we book the flight connection that means we have 11 hours to amuse ourselves and 3 kids at Brunei airport however means we land at a very reasonable midday at Auckland .

OR ...................

only have 1.5 hours flight connection turn around at Brunei however means we land at Auckland airport at 0140 hrs ..... :eek: surely it will be shut !!!!!!!!

Which is the better pain versus the better gain :confused::confused:

thanks for your advice
x

Margaret Parkinson Oct 13th 2010 10:50 pm

Re: Brunei Airport connection????

Originally Posted by louloumama (Post 8916366)
Hi guys........

Anyone with experience of flying Royal Brunei Airlines.

Predicament I have ............ do we book the flight connection that means we have 11 hours to amuse ourselves and 3 kids at Brunei airport however means we land at a very reasonable midday at Auckland .

OR ...................

only have 1.5 hours flight connection turn around at Brunei however means we land at Auckland airport at 0140 hrs ..... :eek: surely it will be shut !!!!!!!!

Which is the better pain versus the better gain :confused::confused:

thanks for your advice
x

Why not arrive in Auckland at 0140 hours and book into and hotel where they pick you up from the Airport. I can recommend the Jet Park. At least you can then get to bed and have a sleep so that you can face what's ahead.

bevissa65 Oct 14th 2010 3:58 am

Used Brunei very recently (it was very last minute and they were less expensive than the rest!!) Had 12 hour stopover in Brunei and the airline provided a hotel room. Very nice hotel with pool but wouldn't want to do it with 3 kids to be honest. Airport is very small, no booze to be found anywhere!! All stops for prayers 5 times a day. I'd go for the early arrival myself. Good luck, Bevissa :thumbsup:

louloumama Oct 14th 2010 4:52 pm

Thanks guys ..... yes we are thinking maybe better to arrive at 0140 than kick our heels in Brunei airport (especially want to avoid prayers 5 times a day !!!!!!)

Thanks for the hotel recommendation Margaret :thumbsup:

Lou x

tonz76 Oct 15th 2010 5:31 pm

Originally Posted by louloumama (Post 8918554)
Thanks guys ..... yes we are thinking maybe better to arrive at 0140 than kick our heels in Brunei airport (especially want to avoid prayers 5 times a day !!!!!!)

Thanks for the hotel recommendation Margaret :thumbsup:

Lou x

You will still have the prayers before each take off and a nice hot towel ;) but the service was excellent.