Broadband

Old May 16th 2010, 8:28 am
Just Joined

Jode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really niceJode81 is just really nice
Default Broadband

Hey guys, been looking to get broadband for our new home. Checking out the install, router and landline prices. Seems extortinate.

Anyone new of any decent providers (in Rotorua)?

Ta
Jode
Old May 16th 2010, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Broadband

It cost us about $200 when we went with telecom 2 years ago.
I hated the service they provided and found the staff either rude or unhelpful.
We switched to Trustpower "kinect" and have been very happy with them.
I dont think we had any set up charges as we kept the Telecom router so it
was just a case of switching over. I think we pay about $65 a month for the
fastest in and out connections with a 10 gig cap.
Any provider will be able to offer you a service in rotovegas but telecom are
the ones who decide if you can have a broadband connection or not as they
control the exchanges.
Old May 17th 2010, 4:49 am
Forum Regular

thedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of lightthedtb is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by colandros
It cost us about $200 when we went with telecom 2 years ago.
I hated the service they provided and found the staff either rude or unhelpful.
We switched to Trustpower "kinect" and have been very happy with them.
I dont think we had any set up charges as we kept the Telecom router so it
was just a case of switching over. I think we pay about $65 a month for the
fastest in and out connections with a 10 gig cap.
Any provider will be able to offer you a service in rotovegas but telecom are
the ones who decide if you can have a broadband connection or not as they
control the exchanges.
I pay about $110 per month for my phone line and broadband combined... with telecom on their Big Time plan. I think around $59.95 is for the broadband itself.

The Big Time plan has recently been slated in a number of online discussion forums for having some quite serious speed issues, but they seem to have ironed them out... not to mention that there's also a little jiggery pokery you can do (hush hush) to bypass the download speed restrictions they put in place.

$59.95 gives you an unlimited data allowance and reasonable (for most) speeds that can be accelerated under certain circumstances if you know how ;-)
Old May 17th 2010, 5:25 am
If u see Sid, tell 'im...

Location: Ex of Hucknall and Mansfield, Notts and now in Manly, Whangaparaoa, just North of Auckland!
sirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond reputesirplug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thedtb

$59.95 gives you an unlimited data allowance and reasonable (for most) speeds that can be accelerated under certain circumstances if you know how ;-)
....go on then, tell how.... PM me if you like
Old May 17th 2010, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thedtb
I pay about $110 per month for my phone line and broadband combined... with telecom on their Big Time plan. I think around $59.95 is for the broadband itself.

The Big Time plan has recently been slated in a number of online discussion forums for having some quite serious speed issues, but they seem to have ironed them out... not to mention that there's also a little jiggery pokery you can do (hush hush) to bypass the download speed restrictions they put in place.

Telstra Clear will offer you a similar phone/net package, but as it is basically on the same damned copper wires and exchanges as Telecom you get the same problems of seriously variable connection speeds.