Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

brits returning to NZ

brits returning to NZ

Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:34 pm
Just Joined

kooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to all
Default brits returning to NZ

hi all.........
just a quick note to those interested in the few people that leave there home in the uk to make a new life in new zealand and go back to the uk again, and then return to NZ.
we lived in nz for over 5 years until such time we felt we had to come back to the uk, in the time we were in nz we were very fortunate to get our citizenship and we now have our nz passports so we are able to reurn to nz whenever we want to, as it happens we have decided after being in the uk for a year and also delt with our issues here as for why we came back, have decided we are going back to nz which is where we call home. Even though we live in cornwall which is a very nice place to live, feel that this country has got too many problems (and im not talking about the weather). theres not a lot i dont know about living in nz but i had forgotten about the reasons i left the UK, .................. until now !!Dont think about it, just do it !

Last edited by kooch; Jan 25th 2010 at 10:36 pm.
Old Jan 25th 2010, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

alanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond reputealanmacc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brits returning to NZ

Originally Posted by kooch
hi all.........
just a quick note to those interested in the few people that leave there home in the uk to make a new life in new zealand and go back to the uk again, and then return to NZ.
we lived in nz for over 5 years until such time we felt we had to come back to the uk, in the time we were in nz we were very fortunate to get our citizenship and we now have our nz passports so we are able to reurn to nz whenever we want to, as it happens we have decided after being in the uk for a year and also delt with our issues here as for why we came back, have decided we are going back to nz which is where we call home. Even though we live in cornwall which is a very nice place to live, feel that this country has got too many problems (and im not talking about the weather). theres not a lot i dont know about living in nz but i had forgotten about the reasons i left the UK, .................. until now !!Dont think about it, just do it !
Glad to see your going home
Old Jan 26th 2010, 12:25 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

feel that this country has got too many problems (and im not talking about the weather). theres not a lot i dont know about living in nz but i had forgotten about the reasons i left the UK, .................. until now !!Dont think about it, just do it !
If you don't mind could you tell what are the issues and problems that make you want to leave the UK again?

The reason I ask is that we are going through the 'what would it be like to go back to the UK stage' because one of the family is finding it difficult to settle. I'd really like to get a view from someone who's seen both sides as to 'why not the UK'

Thanks
Old Jan 26th 2010, 10:48 am
watch this space.......!!

gags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura aboutgags has a spectacular aura about

hi all.........

This is the thing with us...OH wants to rent our house out to then use it as an escape route incase things don't work out over there. In my eyes the lifestyle won't really happen until we can have some money to bring with us and if we can't go back we have to make it happen in nz. I do believe in the words 'you can never go back'. But I do also see his logical point of view. I am usually the 'lets do it!' and he is usually the realist.
As the saying goes 'the grass is always greener...' until you get there. We only seem to remember the good bits and forget the reasons why we wanted to leave in the first place.
Old Jan 26th 2010, 11:27 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gags
This is the thing with us...OH wants to rent our house out to then use it as an escape route incase things don't work out over there. In my eyes the lifestyle won't really happen until we can have some money to bring with us and if we can't go back we have to make it happen in nz. I do believe in the words 'you can never go back'. But I do also see his logical point of view. I am usually the 'lets do it!' and he is usually the realist.
As the saying goes 'the grass is always greener...' until you get there. We only seem to remember the good bits and forget the reasons why we wanted to leave in the first place.
We have had a long hard think about the same issue but realised, as you point out, that to savour the real lifestyle we can have in NZ we require the capital that our house sale will release. So we are selling up well before the off date and going into rent.
My feeling that keeping the house on would be like trying to give up smoking but having 2 cigs a day!......All or nothing
Old Jan 26th 2010, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

concretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud ofconcretepump has much to be proud of

hi all.........
hi well we are just about ,making that decision or my wife is we are back in uk been offered my old job back so looks like we will be there about september time, in three years since we have been back we have gone backwards, so time to start again this time for good
Old Jan 26th 2010, 9:33 pm
Just Joined

kooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to allkooch is a name known to all

Originally Posted by concretepump
hi well we are just about ,making that decision or my wife is we are back in uk been offered my old job back so looks like we will be there about september time, in three years since we have been back we have gone backwards, so time to start again this time for good
absolutely, we dont want to leave it to late to return to nz as the children are still young. since being back we have not got much of a life as all the money just goes to the bills etc and by the way, the weather DOES make a huge difference to your life !
Old Jan 26th 2010, 10:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Well I for one can't wait to get out of NZ!!!

It's sold as a life style place, more like poor wages and slave labour. Life back in the UK had a lot more variety than Canterbury, which is backward and boring.

Certain things are better in NZ weather and less congestion. People come here expecting a major change but it's the same old shit different bucket. Ok you might have a bigger colder house but that an't the be all and end all.

So expensive as well, evidence in link.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10622551
Old Jan 27th 2010, 1:02 am

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

atleast you gave it a try.

sorry that for you it didnt work out and by the sounds of it putting up with all those 'backward' people must have been hard work for you.

Im sure they were glad to have such a great thing as a pommy showing them the way it should be done and reminding them how much more advanced the UK is in comparrison to their way of life.

For me you can keep the UK and its forward ways I will stick with the backward folk of NZ.

All the best

george

Last edited by george toni; Jan 27th 2010 at 1:02 am. Reason: spelin
Old Jan 27th 2010, 1:07 am
Cow on the Beach

Wooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond reputeWooly_Cow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
So expensive as well, evidence in link.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/n...ectid=10622551
Interesting survey becuase the list matches very well another recenct list of the Best Places in the World to live (Vancoover, and Australia being high on the list with Auckland and New Zealand not far behind).

....maybe the old saying 'You get what you pay for' is right after all!
Old Jan 27th 2010, 5:24 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by george toni

sorry that for you it didnt work out and by the sounds of it putting up with all those 'backward' people must have been hard work for you.

Im sure they were glad to have such a great thing as a pommy showing them the way it should be done and reminding them how much more advanced the UK is in comparrison to their way of life.

For me you can keep the UK and its forward ways I will stick with the backward folk of NZ.

All the best

george
Well Georgie

Just so you know, I would never suggest to them that there ways are anyway inferior to the UK. I just smile to myself and let them get on with it. They will never learn just so short sighted, cannot see the bigger picture.

Example being not being a union member just cos you get 1% more in your pay. Better sick pay and more leave will never be earned, as the put up with it attitude prevails here in NZ.

I can see by the way your literary style comes across that you fit in well here.

Also you have a link to your business website under your name, pretty forward thinking for NZ ehh.

Last edited by mcuddy1; Jan 27th 2010 at 5:29 am.
Old Jan 27th 2010, 8:13 am

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

fair enuf.

just agree to disagree on this one as I just dont see the same backward attitudes that you have come across.

as for unions well you can keep those they are not for me been there done that back in the UK and for me they are more trouble than they are worth.

I hope on your return that the UK as it is now fulfills your needs.

good luck

forward thinking not backward looking Georgie boy
Old Jan 27th 2010, 10:42 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george toni

All the best

george
Old Jan 28th 2010, 8:44 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Ho Ho Ho

Which side kick are you Mutley?
Old Jan 28th 2010, 10:42 am

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Ho Ho Ho

Which side kick are you Mutley?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.