Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

brits returning to NZ

brits returning to NZ

Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:14 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: brits returning to NZ

Originally Posted by mcuddy1
Ah yes I could purchase a nice diesel car for a decent price and drive down to Tesco to enjoy the variety of goods on sale there.

But alas I am in NZ, will have to stop dreaming and pay over inflated prices for substandard goods with limited a choice. Well I do suppose they have a captive audience.
Quit true, I suppose. I guess it's all about personal priorities and lifestyle choice. For me, the benefits of living in a beautiful, relatively unspoilt and very uncrowded country with a great climate more than makes up for driving a 12-year old car and having a lesser range of consumer goods. YMMV, as the say
Old Feb 9th 2010, 2:47 am

george toni is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm I know im gona move 12,000 miles away from a country with a population of 60 million + to a country the same size but with a population of 4million + thats as far away from anywhere possible then once here im going to bitch and moan that the place I now live is isolated, has less choice,less people and prices and competition is less.

errr derrr

what the F.k do people think this place is going to be like its a bloody different country not britain shrunk. About time people moving here looked at this move for what it is a different country with different pluses and minuses.

good luck back in cornwall or wherever and hey bling bling it on.

george
Old Feb 9th 2010, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by george toni
hmm I know im gona move 12,000 miles away from a country with a population of 60 million + to a country the same size but with a population of 4million + thats as far away from anywhere possible then once here im going to bitch and moan that the place I now live is isolated, has less choice,less people and prices and competition is less.

errr derrr

what the F.k do people think this place is going to be like its a bloody different country not britain shrunk. About time people moving here looked at this move for what it is a different country with different pluses and minuses.

george
Sure, but I think you can never know quite what it is like to live here until you have tried it, so good on them for trying. NZ is not for everyone
Old Feb 9th 2010, 4:11 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

errr derrr

george
What are you some kind of stalker? always having something bitchy to say about my posts, just can't keep your personal bitches out of it.

You just bitch and moan about my moaning. Why don't you Shut the F**k up and keep your nose out of it. I can see why you fit in well here, you share a lot of the traits of the natives.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:32 am

dear oh dear

incase you have not seen I have posted on this thread allready and have been reading the opinions of all on it.

I have far better things to do than 'stalk' you and my point is for others not just you. As I read in another post you made on this thread you have no problem of putting down nz as a place full of idiots. Well fine thats YOUR experience and your opinions.

Mine are the opposite and in turn my reply asks the question as to what it is people moving here think they will find.

You have tried nz and dont like it I have and love it.

Why should I agree with what your viwes are any more than you mine.

My 'bitch and moan' as you put it is no more than a view just as you have yours. still you have no proble calling people here 'natives' as if they are a bunch of idiots.

I take offense at that but it wont make me want you to stop posting a reply.

As it happens I reply to many posts here and you seem to have one strong view and me another so its more a case of me not agreeing and putting a reverse viewpoint.

So sorry I wont take your advice and will continue to respond to any and all posts yours included.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 7:58 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

dear oh dear

incase you have not seen I have posted on this thread allready and have been reading the opinions of all on it.

I have far better things to do than 'stalk' you and my point is for others not just you. As I read in another post you made on this thread you have no problem of putting down nz as a place full of idiots. Well fine thats YOUR experience and your opinions.

Mine are the opposite and in turn my reply asks the question as to what it is people moving here think they will find.

You have tried nz and dont like it I have and love it.

Why should I agree with what your viwes are any more than you mine.

My 'bitch and moan' as you put it is no more than a view just as you have yours. still you have no proble calling people here 'natives' as if they are a bunch of idiots.

I take offense at that but it wont make me want you to stop posting a reply.

As it happens I reply to many posts here and you seem to have one strong view and me another so its more a case of me not agreeing and putting a reverse viewpoint.

So sorry I wont take your advice and will continue to respond to any and all posts yours included.

You don't put your point of view without first making bitchy or sarky remarks dude.

Points of view are fine but ass holes like you make it personal first. Oh yes please take offense.

I suppose you just can't help it , it started off as a light hearted remark about a car and Tesco. Then George just can't resist and has to have a dig. but you just can't see it can you?

/
Old Feb 9th 2010, 8:25 am

end of this as far as im concerned but id say re read your own posts as they are far from tounge in cheek and do nothing but put this place down.

calling me georgie boy is just another way of your snide type responses but heck iv'e been calld worse.

people who throw stones and all that.

no good trying to back track by stating your posts are nothing but light hearted as imo and thats all it is an opinion you go out of your way to make NZ sound like a backwater crap hole.

I dont see it as that and to that end will reply in kind.

You have crossed the line here and made it personal and that shows the type of person i believe you to be.

I wont change my view to suit yours and if you dont like that then im sorry but tough.

who's stalking who here.

feel free to reply as I will not respond to this nor any more of your negative but still valid points of view.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 9:38 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

I go out for a nice meal with good folk & great company and come back to a thread killer.

what the F.k do people think
Shut the F**k up
Status quo ante bellum.

I could also be personally quite offended by both sides of those posts if I chose ,but I choose not.

There is no need.

Calm down. Back off and bloody hit the ignore button .

Last edited by BEVS; Feb 9th 2010 at 9:47 am.
Old Feb 9th 2010, 11:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lapsed kiwi
Quit true, I suppose. I guess it's all about personal priorities and lifestyle choice. For me, the benefits of living in a beautiful, relatively unspoilt and very uncrowded country with a great climate more than makes up for driving a 12-year old car and having a lesser range of consumer goods. YMMV, as the say
Totally agree with the above. Its all about choices aye? Why people moan on and on about a country, the shops et al is beyond me. I never got on any website and moaned about the UK......I simply left. And I do not beleive that 'I cannot get home' stuff that some go on about. I complain about the driving here because its likely to affect the health of my family one day. Its the one aspect of NZ that REALLY irks me. I have to accept it or go home, the latter's not an option as the UK is too crowded. Anyways no one should have to tolerate dangerous driving......crap shops and crap choice..not exactly dangerous is it??
Old Feb 10th 2010, 12:24 am

im outa here

sorry to ruin your meal but hey lets see you get personal insults like that and take it.

after six years here and loving NZ Im all out of advice and will having requested to be removed leave now.

good luck all those who are moving here and hurry up back to the UK those who do nothing but moan about the place.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:24 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

im outa here
sorry to ruin your meal but hey lets see you get personal insults like that and take it.
after six years here and loving NZ Im all out of advice and will having requested to be removed leave now.
good luck all those who are moving here and hurry up back to the UK those who do nothing but moan about the place.
My meal wasn't ruined George. I had already eaten it.
For the record, I have been on the receiving end of far worse abuse than the above in my time. Goes with the mod. territory.

Your post #47 was sarcastic in tone and directed at McCuddy1.
He responded in kind back to you . Post #49.

It was a bun fight between the two of you which was of no use to man nor beasty and so was moderated .

I am sad if you feel the need to leave. The ignore button would be the better way to go.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 3:42 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

im outa here

Awww please dont go George Please reconsider staying.
You have brought a wealth of information to BE and this site will not be the same without you.

Last edited by RobDon; Feb 10th 2010 at 3:46 am.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 4:34 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BEVS
For the record, I have been on the receiving end of far worse abuse than the above in my time. Goes with the mod. territory.

It was a bun fight between the two of you which was of no use to man nor beasty and so was moderated .

I am sad if you feel the need to leave. The ignore button would be the better way to go.
Blimey - what have I missed?

I blame post No:48 then ... ahh, bugger, that doesn't work either.

Can't y'all kiss and make up? I hate it when people leave ... Unless it's my MIL.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 5:13 am

my post was sarcastic and for that im not sorry.

but his previous posts about natives and such I didnt like along with many others posted.

I didnt however ever attack him personaly and yet he can do so and thats ok.

get real I wouldnt take that in the street nor will I here.

so enuf is enuf for me.

I have requested removal from here and that I will stick to.
Old Feb 10th 2010, 5:43 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BEVS

Well Bev/All

I am sorry about the use of language and I could have been more tactful. But as you know I am not keen on NZ/Canterbury and I thought I had the right to post my opinions within the BE rules.

I don't think I initiated a personal attack on anyone, just made general comments. Alas, it can result some posters feeling my negative comments about NZ are a personal attack on them (I don't understand this) Thus the snide remarks which I then will take personally. Thus my profanity.

I may be in the minority on this site, so what do people want to know the truth about NZ or not.

THE TRUTH BEING SOMEWHERE IN THE MIDDLE.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.