Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

British TV Channels?

British TV Channels?

Old Jul 21st 2007, 7:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light
Default British TV Channels?

We just got Sky TV installed hoping to get some british TV Programmes. BBC/ITV/Channel 4, etc. We've found out that with the package we have the only programmes we usually watch in the UK, are 10 year old repeats!

Does anyone know how we could access these, either vian the internet, upgrading our current sky package, or any other means.

Thanks
Old Jul 21st 2007, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

misterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nice
Default Re: British TV Channels?

Originally Posted by garryhg
We just got Sky TV installed hoping to get some british TV Programmes. BBC/ITV/Channel 4, etc. We've found out that with the package we have the only programmes we usually watch in the UK, are 10 year old repeats!

Does anyone know how we could access these, either vian the internet, upgrading our current sky package, or any other means.

Thanks
I'd be interested to know what UK channels are actually available . My wife only watches casualty, and seriously hopes thats available when we get over there.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 12:29 am
BE Forum Addict

mickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond reputemickey_d has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks
All you get is UKTV & as you say they are all old programmes, you get the odd good thing on there but it's mostly crap.
They've recently added a new movie channel, SM Greats, what they failed to say is they were making Sky Movies 1 & 2 exactly the same but + 1 hour or so, what a con!!!!!
Overall TV here is rubbish, thats why everyones on here all the time
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 12:32 am
Account Closed

AnnieNell is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by misterjingo
I'd be interested to know what UK channels are actually available . My wife only watches casualty, and seriously hopes thats available when we get over there.
The good news for your wife is that Casualty is on over here, the bad news is that it's about 5 seasons old
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 2:41 am
Banned

Colin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really niceColin in the middle is just really nice

Thanks
Even though its called SKY it operates off a differant Satellite and is from Australia. BBC1/2/ITV/Channel4/Channel5 are all UK Free to view channels you will not get them at all even via the internet.

If it was that easy I would be watching ITV for my coverage of the Formula 1 rather than having to subscribe to sky sports.

Another thing about SKY in NZ is that you will proably find that the majority of programmes on Sky 1 are repeats of normal NZTV. Which is a stark contrast to the UK where SKY is normally the first place to see a series.

Forget the UK your in the Southern Hemisphere now where the Sun goes anti clockwise, the water runs down the sink the other way and mid year is winter and you give way to the right when turning left into a side road. Things worked differantly down here
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 3:34 am
Forum Regular

misterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nicemisterjingo is just really nice

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
The good news for your wife is that Casualty is on over here, the bad news is that it's about 5 seasons old
lol. Ah well.

I think the BBC is releasing some form of net player sometime over the next year (its currently being beta'd) which should allow the previous 7 days of viewings to be viewed over the net.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

The way on demand tv is going at the moment with more and more appearing all the time i would be surprised if within the next year or so virtually every tv channel will be available via the internet.

C4 in the Uk is doing a lot with on demand and sky is looking to do more and more via your pc.

Roll on when i can pay a fee and stream Eurosport........
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 4:34 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Colin in the middle
Even though its called SKY it operates off a differant Satellite and is from Australia. BBC1/2/ITV/Channel4/Channel5 are all UK Free to view channels you will not get them at all even via the internet.

"If it was that easy I would be watching ITV for my coverage of the Formula 1 rather than having to subscribe to sky sports."

Another thing about SKY in NZ is that you will proably find that the majority of programmes on Sky 1 are repeats of normal NZTV. Which is a stark contrast to the UK where SKY is normally the first place to see a series.

Forget the UK your in the Southern Hemisphere now where the Sun goes anti clockwise, the water runs down the sink the other way and mid year is winter and you give way to the right when turning left into a side road. Things worked differantly down here
F1 now that is so exciting it puts me to sleep.
The commentators get real excited when two drivers are on the same lap.
A bit of forward planning and you could have a Sling box streaming UK tv, I don't use it that much these days as I have been brainwashed by all the shit on tv over here.
Old Jul 22nd 2007, 6:03 am
patience...is a virtue!!!

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future

How did the move go Gary...you can't be missing Eastenders already, surely!!
You got your computer set up quickly and ISP done, i am impressed, thought that would take weeks, when we finally get over there???
Martin
Old Jul 24th 2007, 3:16 pm
Forum Regular

brandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant futurebrandn has a brilliant future

Download Sopcast from:

www.sopcast.org

You can get most of the worlds tv channels on it and more to the point all the premier league games you can stomach for free!
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:08 pm
Forum Regular

spoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nice

Originally Posted by misterjingo
lol. Ah well.

I think the BBC is releasing some form of net player sometime over the next year (its currently being beta'd) which should allow the previous 7 days of viewings to be viewed over the net.
They may block the IPs so that only people inside the UK can access it but it should be launching this friday.

There are always ways of faking your ip to look like you are in the uk though, if it turns out to be a good service
Old Jul 24th 2007, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

simonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond reputesimonmarkellis has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnnieNell
No not casualty!!! please tell me it ain't so...

You know every week whose going to die from the 1st 3 mins. They've been through every conceivable disaster possible apart from a volcanic eruption, and who'd choose to work in a place where the life expectancy of the staff is about 9 months before they either commit suicide, are killed whilst rescueing some one or murdered. I've been winding the wife up for months that it's not on in NZ and now your telling me it is! And there five years behind!

That's it i'm not coming now.
Old Jul 24th 2007, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Pastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of lightPastor Flaps is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Spoon Guy

You are right, the BBC iplayer launches this Friday and should be very good.
From what I have read is it will be nealry all programees on the BBC available to watch 7 days after broadcast and once downloaded you have 30 days to watch it.

As for changing your IP, that is the key. I have done some investigation and have some techy friends but none of us can do it. So if you have any ideas or know how, please do share.

We dont miss UKTV much but there are key programmes we would like to watch. Having been here nearly a year we are noticing some programmes which were just being shown, now appearing on NZ tv e.g. Robin Hood, Castaway.

I will be looking forward to seeing what the BBC launch on Friday and hoping for an IP solution ASAP.

Paul
Old Jul 25th 2007, 8:07 am
BE Enthusiast

mcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to beholdmcuddy1 is a splendid one to behold

[QUOTE=Pastor Flaps;5101232]Hey Spoon Guy

You are right, the BBC iplayer launches this Friday and should be very good.
From what I have read is it will be nealry all programees on the BBC available to watch 7 days after broadcast and once downloaded you have 30 days to watch it.

As for changing your IP, that is the key. I have done some investigation and have some techy friends but none of us can do it. So if you have any ideas or know how, please do share.

We dont miss UKTV much but there are key programmes we would like to watch. Having been here nearly a year we are noticing some programmes which were just being shown, now appearing on NZ tv e.g. Robin Hood, Castaway.

Have a look at this to disguise your original ip. Pick a sever in the country of origin.

https://proxy.org/
Old Jul 25th 2007, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

spoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nicespoonguy is just really nice

If it comes to it there are sites that host the programs to watch onine like tvlinks, though they arent legit sites.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.