Reload this Page >

British Lions 2017

British Lions 2017

Old Feb 19th 2016, 2:56 pm
Just Joined

andrewwales is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Lions 2017

hi all,

Hope you don't mind me asking the question but looking for someone living in new Zealand to be able to try and get me tickets for the tests, will obviously pay for the tickets and for their time. its a rip off from this side of the water.
im from wales and it will double up as my honeymoon so really want to try and get tickets when they become available, only issue is they need an address in new Zealand.

yours hopefully

andrew
Old Feb 19th 2016, 8:10 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Lions 2017

can you pay in UK and just have them delivered to an address in nz?
Old Feb 19th 2016, 8:56 pm
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Andrew, I take it you are giving up trying to source your test tickets in the UK and are trying to establish a NZ (identity) and order from our AB's end ?
The tickets here will only be available end of this year and I am no sure what the allocation will be be between NZ/UK but availability will be sure to be easier from your end. Any big AB games in Auckland or Welly will be snapped up sharp. Your bigger concern when the games are on will be accommodation availability and cost all on the North Island.
I take it the RFU are trying to rip you off by only offering complete packages ?
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 11:07 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by MrsFychan View Post
can you pay in UK and just have them delivered to an address in nz?
I believe you can yes, I will obviously have to get online like everyone else but unless you have a New Zealand address they won't accept
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 11:09 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Stormer999 View Post
Andrew, I take it you are giving up trying to source your test tickets in the UK and are trying to establish a NZ (identity) and order from our AB's end ?
The tickets here will only be available end of this year and I am no sure what the allocation will be be between NZ/UK but availability will be sure to be easier from your end. Any big AB games in Auckland or Welly will be snapped up sharp. Your bigger concern when the games are on will be accommodation availability and cost all on the North Island.
I take it the RFU are trying to rip you off by only offering complete packages ?
They are massive rip off as only being offered as part of a package. I have got flights and accommodation sorted just looking to get tickets on their own so if anyone can help in any way then great
Old Feb 22nd 2016, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

bearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond reputebearskin has a reputation beyond repute

If you buy a season pass to the Auckland Blues this year and next you get 'preferential rights' to Lions game tickets. The details are on True Blues. For example, if I went and selected Flexi tickets to 4 selected home games this year for me and the two kids this year, it is $163 to go to 4 games.

If that's the same sort of price for next year, then I have got to go to 8 Blues games for $40 or so a game, and secured 3 seats for Lions tests. Dunno what the Lions vs NZ tests might cost admittedly, but it would probably be worth it, and you could always flick the seats off for what you paid for them - would eb plenty of takers.

Might be worth looking into?
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 2:23 am

Snap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond reputeSnap Shot has a reputation beyond repute

Is the address of the place where you are staying not acceptable ? Does it have to be a residential address ? I have sent you a P.M.

Last edited by Snap Shot; Feb 23rd 2016 at 2:31 am. Reason: My brother in law is from Swansea. My nephew got a physics degree from Swansea University last year. End of bulletin.
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 2:28 am
Forum Regular

skybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud ofskybluestu has much to be proud of

unfortunately Bearskin I think you will only get the Blues v Lions 2017 preferential purchase rights and not the test match against the AB's. The Hurricanes are doing the same thing down here in Wellie
Old Feb 23rd 2016, 7:20 am
Just Joined

I too have looked into this and skybluestu is correct its only for the game v the blues.
Old Mar 30th 2016, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

anyone able to help, I fully understand that this is a massive ask and that tickets are no way guaranteed but im looking to give it a go.

many thanks