Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bringing Cremation Ashes Home

Bringing Cremation Ashes Home

Old Nov 16th 2014, 7:19 am
Nz

moving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond reputemoving2NZ2013 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bringing Cremation Ashes Home

Hugs x
Old Nov 16th 2014, 5:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond reputeHazelnut has a reputation beyond repute

I've been away for a few days doing emergency care for my parents who both had major health crises last week and I'm so sorry to read about your mum. It will take time but I hope you can find your way to happy memories of her soon without the accompanying grief.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 6:43 am
Forum Regular

Polly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to beholdPolly 3 is a splendid one to behold

So sorry to hear that news, I have done this with no problems (although 15 years ago) i emailed customs and told them what had happened, they told we it was all fine to bring them in as long as I had the death cert on me. Also told me to print the email out and carry that also, which I did and it did help me on entry to NZ and avoided questions that would have been upsetting.
Old Nov 17th 2014, 11:43 pm
BE Forum Addict

TommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond reputeTommyLuck has a reputation beyond repute

Very sorry to hear this news Col.

All the best.
Old Nov 19th 2014, 5:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you all for your good wishes and advice.

I cant bring them home with me as they were not ready so my brother is going to bring
them when he comes to visit in feb.

Thanks again
Old Nov 26th 2014, 8:05 pm
Just Joined

Megrawcliffe is an unknown quantity at this point

Just Col - I work in the funeral sector, if you need any help PM me, I've only just joined so I can't PM you but I may be able to help if you need a hand.

Take Care - Meg.
Old Nov 26th 2014, 10:14 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

My condolences.

My other half and I collected her father's ashes from Singapore in April 2013 and flew them back to Australia on Qantas to scatter near to his childhood home in Cairns. We transported them in a heavy porcelain urn supplied by the funeral director securely bound with plastic and carried them onto the plane as hand luggage with his death certificate close to hand. We never needed to show it however. One girl manning the X-ray machine at Cairns did ask us, "What is that?", to which my OH replied "My dad" and nothing more was said.
Old Nov 29th 2014, 7:48 pm
Forum Regular

Chocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really niceChocoholics is just really nice

Very sad news. Lots of hugs.