Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Brand New to the process!!!!

Brand New to the process!!!!

Old Dec 7th 2017, 5:49 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brand New to the process!!!!

my first suggestion would be to look at accredited companies and send your cv off to any of them that would have a position for your role.

also on your application you need to explain the visa process, so as long as a job offer takes you to 160+ explain that in the letter.
Old Dec 9th 2017, 5:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Stuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond reputeStuck in Auckland has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Northern Man 49
Thanks to all replies, I really appreciate it.
Ok, some answers. I graduated recently with 1st Class Honours in Applied Business Management, inc. an FdSc in Project Management. The Mrs is a qualified Confection & Patissierrre. I reckon she has more of a USP but open to comments on this.

Truth is we love the whole vibe and fell in love with the place from the 1st moment. Have visited Tauranga, Napier, Taupo, Rotarua and Wellington in the NI and Christchurch and Blenheim in the South. Don't really mind where we end up tbh but would prefer the Southern half of the NI (family reasons - Mrs brother lives in Wellington with his Kiwi wife).
Do you recommend going through an agent to help the application? Seems sensible....

We're leaving family behind but we're comfortable with this; besides we all feel we have to live our own lives. Sounds selfish, but I want a better existence for my girls.

Comments welcome
you qualified recently. What other vocations have you worked in?
Old Dec 11th 2017, 12:47 pm
Just Joined

Northern Man 49 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I've worked in Mobile Telecoms and Finance (process mapping and improvement), (Local Government (Project Management, Data and Business Analysis)