Brain Drain

Old Mar 9th 2008, 2:20 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of
Default Brain Drain

Okay, I'm happy with the education system in NZ all the way from kindy to Uni, I am happy with damp houses, I am happy with hoons and grafitti, I am happy with NZ. I am a happy thing, thining happy thoughts, and doing happy things. I am happy.

But . . . can anybody give me stats on those youngsters that are leaving NZ after Uni or before, and those that stay. DO you have any personal experiences with your children and what they did post 18 years? Do those of you with teenagers feel confident your children will stay in NZ or will you encourage them to leave and explore the world.

I know I sort of asked this before but the thread seems to have veered off track to a discussion on the NZ education system and as I sid I'm happy with that. ANy help please. Especailly from those of you with teenagers. Thanks
Old Mar 9th 2008, 6:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Brain Drain

Latest figures from the OECD show that Britain has the biggest brain-drain.
So perhaps you should be more worried about raising them there.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...nexodus121.xml

Most young Kiwis return home at nesting time anyway.

Kip
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:00 pm

happynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nicehappynz is just really nice

Originally Posted by spid
Okay, I'm happy with the education system in NZ all the way from kindy to Uni, I am happy with damp houses, I am happy with hoons and grafitti, I am happy with NZ. I am a happy thing, thining happy thoughts, and doing happy things. I am happy.
I'm happy too.
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:19 pm
Bouncer For Mothercare

wimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of lightwimpy is a glorious beacon of light

Me too and so is my Wife
Old Mar 9th 2008, 7:23 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

And I'm so happy 'cause you're so happy
I'm so happy 'cause you're so happy
Oh - oh - aw
And I'm so happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAw1xl1AAEU
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spid
Oh - oh - aw
And I'm so happy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAw1xl1AAEU
Spid you have too much time on your hands girl..
Old Mar 9th 2008, 8:54 pm
---

bourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond reputebourbon-biscuit has a reputation beyond repute

I guess you'd have to seperate out those that leave for the big OE and those that leave for a career overseas. If we're still here when my kids are teens I would encourage them to do the OE, my closest Kiwi friends have done so and whilst I accept it's a bit of a generalisation, I do think the big OE helps give a more worldly view and perspective.

Many Kiwi's return here to settle down and have a family though- and who can blame them as the Kiwi childhood is quite awesome and unique
Old Mar 9th 2008, 10:07 pm
The Wicked One

Originally Posted by j19fmm
Spid you have too much time on your hands girl..
OH, so true!
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

irnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond reputeirnbru14 has a reputation beyond repute

Do you think there is a poor bloke called Brian Drain somewhere who gets a lot of stick for this kind of thing?

I always worry about that William (Bill to his friends) Posters bloke who is always being prosecuted too...
Old Mar 9th 2008, 11:56 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Keep taking the tablets