Brace youselves

Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:14 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Brace youselves

Gonna book my FLIGHT tomorrow

Thing is Im on me own and gonna hire a campervan :scared:

Anyone done this before and got any tips? (campsites ect.)

Anyone want to meet up?

Im going to be in Whangarei/BOI area the 4th to the 9th/10th and then maybe Tauranga for the rest. But will be flexible

Be kind Im on me own and will need charity (food and water )
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:18 pm
Forum Regular

SecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud ofSecretSquirrel has much to be proud of
Default Re: Brace youselves

Originally Posted by Jack Daws

Anyone want to meet up?

Im going to be in Whangarei/BOI area the 4th to the 9th/10th and then maybe Tauranga for the rest. But will be flexible

Me and Mrs SS were camping once on the west coast on a DOC site..... no one else around..... loads of space.... room in fact for about 100 tents (no lie)...... then this campervan rocks on up and parks..... RIGHT NEXT TO OUR TENT...... was that really appropriate.... we packed and left for the safety of a motel..... the moral of the story? campervan punters are not to be trusted.....

...banjos could be heard faintly in the distance....
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:20 pm
Banned

Jack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond reputeJack The Lad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SecretSquirrel
...banjos could be heard faintly in the distance....
Squell piggy, squell. In fact shouldn't that be Squell Donkey, squell
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:37 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Anyone want to meet up?

We did campervan hols this year and they seriously vary in quality from trailer park types; ("have you met my mum & sister - here she comes now) to ab fab ones. One of our best ones was in the Bay of Islands and is called the Bay of Islands holiday park or somesuch, you'll pass one on the left hand side with similiar name but ignore this and carry on up. It's on the right hand side and has a river at the bottom where you can hire kayaks. As far as I can rmember through Paihai and turn left!!!

Tauranga we stayed at the campsite at the bottom of the Mount in Mount Manganui and was great, practically on the beach and you just stroll over to the hot pools which you MUST NOT miss!! And I walked up to the top of the Mount, any excuse to get away from the rest of the mob!!!

We used United campervans who I have to say were extremally well organised and it went very smoothly.

basically any campsite in the "Top Ten" list of Kiwi sites we found were ok. The campervan hire company will give you a map of their affiliated sites!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:39 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
We did campervan hols this year and they seriously vary in quality from trailer park types; ("have you met my mum & sister - here she comes now) to ab fab ones. One of our best ones was in the Bay of Islands and is called the Bay of Islands holiday park or somesuch, you'll pass one on the left hand side with similiar name but ignore this and carry on up. It's on the right hand side and has a river at the bottom where you can hire kayaks. As far as I can rmember through Paihai and turn left!!!

Tauranga we stayed at the campsite at the bottom of the Mount in Mount Manganui and was great, practically on the beach and you just stroll over to the hot pools which you MUST NOT miss!! And I walked up to the top of the Mount, any excuse to get away from the rest of the mob!!!

We used United campervans who I have to say were extremally well organised and it went very smoothly.

basically any campsite in the "Top Ten" list of Kiwi sites we found were ok. The campervan hire company will give you a map of their affiliated sites!
Cheers.

I will be booking it tomorrow when all the campervan quotes have come back
Old Oct 30th 2006, 9:46 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Cheers.

Don't take out the basic insurance like my hubby did when he hired me a ferarri and then I crashed it(Hmmm?!) Take out the full insurance (coz NZ is full of driving loonies) and take it back with one broken tumbler(Hmmm?!)

Couldn't recommend United enough, and they weren't necessarily the cheapest!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:11 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
Couldn't recommend United enough, and they weren't necessarily the cheapest!
Just given them a yell

Cheers. Oh and I will take out the insurance.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:20 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone want to meet up?

Jack when do you fly out and who with?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by kev&sarah
Jack when do you fly out and who with?
Click on THIS
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

Genesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond reputeGenesis has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers.

PM me Jack and I will give you my details if you would like to visit the Manawatu and Palmerston North, you are more than welcome to come and visit us and have some vittals. Kind regards, Dom.
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:26 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Click on THIS

Just being nosey!!! You gave dates but no month.

You got a good price there

My OH flies out on Thursday with Air New Zealand, without me
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:26 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Genesis
PM me Jack and I will give you my details if you would like to visit the Manawatu and Palmerston North, you are more than welcome to come and visit us and have some vittals. Kind regards, Dom.
Thats a very kind offer Dom and I may well take you up on that

How far is your area from Tauranga?
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:28 pm
Banned

Just being nosey!!! You gave dates but no month.

You got a good price there

My OH flies out on Thursday with Air New Zealand, without me
Yep keep the women at home looking after the kids and cleaning and stuff. Top bloke your other half

I really want Charlie to come out with me but the kids.........

Thing is she kind of want to get rid of me for a few weeks
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:32 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

Yep keep the women at home looking after the kids and cleaning and stuff. Top bloke your other half

I really want Charlie to come out with me but the kids.........

Thing is she kind of want to get rid of me for a few weeks
I know where she's coming from!!!

My eldest is away on a school trip at the same time, won't know what to do without the pair of them!!!

I wanted to go cos Kev's going to some different areas to where we visited last year and also its easier to find out stuff there. It's no good asking you blokes cos you only look at it from a blokey point of view!!!
Old Oct 30th 2006, 10:39 pm
Banned

It's no good asking you blokes cos you only look at it from a blokey point of view!!!
Thats right

Thing is all the schools will be closed so thats one big thing I cannot look at. And she's the one that should really be knocking on Hospitals doors and meeting folk if you know what I mean?

Good job she trusts my judgement. I know what a sick World

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.