Reload this Page >

Boy racer issue - getting serious

Boy racer issue - getting serious

Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:47 am

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Boy racer issue - getting serious

Originally Posted by Campbells
Obviously none in NZ then
Not what I said actually, I clearly said none in "my street" and I also didn't say I actually feel sorry for you, living here and hating it soooo much.

Is there nothing you like about NZ?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:48 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
I don't understand Campbells if it's all so s^&t why you don't emigrate again to somewhere better? I honestly don't mean that to sound antagonistic, I just think if I hated where I'd ended up so much I'd look to move again. I know you'll argue costs & family etc, but if I was miserable I'd leave. I was miserable in the UK ... so I left.
That is just your interpretation of me pointing out some serious problems in New Zealand.

I have never stated that I hate it here

Perhaps I just post topics that you don’t want to hear
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:51 am

That is just your interpretation of me pointing out some serious problems in New Zealand.

I have never stated that I hate it here

So other than what you don't like that you have posted about, the rest of it you love?!

Where are your threads about what you love about NZ to balance it out then?
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:52 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by owen
Or this

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/stor...ectid=10496776

damn that cook strait!!!

On the original post, no hoonies here, and thats south JAFAland!!!! Sorrry

Oh actually saw one last week on the way to henderson, not for long tho cos I well burned im ov at the lights, booyakasha!!!!
Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha

Yeah right
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:53 am
Banned

So other than what you don't like that you have posted about, the rest of it you love?!

Where are your threads about what you love about NZ to balance it out then?
They are there, you just gotta look for the positive stuff
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:54 am
BE Enthusiast

owen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to beholdowen is a splendid one to behold

Pls refer to my response

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...519270&page=11

There are lies, lies and statistics!!

Be happy, in my job you realise sometimes its all over too soon
Old Mar 10th 2008, 11:56 am

They are there, you just gotta look for the positive stuff
What you doing tomorrow night?

You and I could meet in the dark corner of the Kiwi bar and have a NZ lovefest?! I'm up for it if you are?

I'll be the one wearing Fairy Wings and a tiara ... conspicuous by my wand and liberal sprinkling of magic fairy dust ...
Old Mar 10th 2008, 12:49 pm
Banned

Pls refer to my response

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...519270&page=11

There are lies, lies and statistics!!

Be happy, in my job you realise sometimes its all over too soon
Yup mate lies

And I have just responded to your post and corrected the same
Old Mar 10th 2008, 1:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

I read in an article that several people are considering LEAVING Christchurch and New Zealand as they believe the boy racer problem is out of hand

Residents and businesses are stating that the problem is affecting their health

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/...ectid=10497192

Interesting statement -

“We are treating the symptom, the underlying problem is the real issue here and councils alone cannot solve this problem," he told Radio New Zealand.”

Of course there are the few on BE that will try to discredit me for posting this so as to pretend there is no boy racer problem.

Yeah right

I have not read the rest of this thread but the boy racers did give me health problems and I found that in Christchurch it was out of control. I was involved with two local lawyers trying to get changes made at one point after a boy racer crashed into my dining room. On a Thurs Frid, Sat and Sun night we did not get any sleep. It is a fact and not something I am making up. Might be able to provide the link to what happened to us. That evening the police chased 500 boy racers from the summit. So yes, it is at very very serious stage.

Last edited by Lexylou; Mar 10th 2008 at 1:20 pm.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 3:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

Or this

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/topic/stor...ectid=10496776

damn that cook strait!!!

On the original post, no hoonies here, and thats south JAFAland!!!! Sorrry

Oh actually saw one last week on the way to henderson, not for long tho cos I well burned im ov at the lights, booyakasha!!!!
oh pooh, Maybe next year!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:01 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I did see the news coverage on this at the weekend and if I was the parent of that young fella who thought it was ever so amusing to show his behind to the camera, there would be a welt across it now
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:50 pm
Happy in Wellington

RobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond reputeRobClubley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kippers
Yawn.........
Could change your name to Victor Meldrew
Kip
Double Yawn ...
None in my street ...
Originally Posted by Kippers
Why can't you find something positive to report from the news for a change...........
Kip

Actually I think Campbells has a point with this one and it is worth bringing up. It's a serious issue all over NZ and we need to do something about it. We've been discussing the very same thing over at www.vask.co.nz (an NZ based VAG car enthusiast forum)

Every time we've stayed in Christchurch we've heard the "boy-racers" at some point. At one motel we hardly slept because of drag racing from the lights outside.

They should do what the Aussies are doing - crush the car and make the offender/owner push the button.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 7:55 pm
The Wicked One

spid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud ofspid has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by RobClubley
They should do what the Aussies are doing - crush the car and make the offender/owner push the button.
Fantastic idea!
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond reputeLexylou has a reputation beyond repute

Actually I think Campbells has a point with this one and it is worth bringing up. It's a serious issue all over NZ and we need to do something about it. We've been discussing the very same thing over at www.vask.co.nz (an NZ based VAG car enthusiast forum)

Every time we've stayed in Christchurch we've heard the "boy-racers" at some point. At one motel we hardly slept because of drag racing from the lights outside.

He does have a point, I agree. I went through hell living in Cashmere. It made me quite ill as we were not getting any sleep. It really was living hell. Until anyone actually lives in that kind of environment on a day to day basis they really have no idea how it eats you up mentally and is also so dangerous to have a dog or a child around playing in a garden. My daughter would have been killed playing in her own garden when the boy racer smashed through a barrier, a fence and two trees, stone wall and into our house.

It is a problem that is getting worse in NZ and there is something very very wrong with 15 year old boys drag racing around town in very loud cars with no insurance. I have heard loud cars before but NOTHING like these ones.

I really do worry for people like me, moving to Chch (as it seems to be the worst) and not knowing that if they live anywhere near a main road that they might be moving to actual hell. We were lucky, we managed to get out.
Old Mar 10th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of lightKippers is a glorious beacon of light

Actually I think Campbells has a point with this one and it is worth bringing up.
Yea. But Campbells has an itch with this one.

Oil hit $108 barrel today, so that should eventually sort out the problem

Boy racer in Toyota Prius.

Doesn't sound quite right somehow

Kip

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.