Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Boxes from our container ordered to be vacuumed for re inspection

Boxes from our container ordered to be vacuumed for re inspection

Old Jan 10th 2014, 10:25 am
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all
Default Boxes from our container ordered to be vacuumed for re inspection

Evening all

Finally our container is delivered tomorrow and I have just been told by the moving company that my car only required a Hoover inside so I guess that is good news.

But that the lawn mower and catcher need to be steam cleaned and that 8 boxes have to be hoovered and re inspected.

I haven't heard of boxes having to be hoovered, has anyone else? Fumigated yes but just hoovered ?? Plus I am guessing I will be charged for redelivery?

I am thinking this will be an expensive exercise?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

S
Old Jan 10th 2014, 8:00 pm

Location: Wellington - I miss Castles, the NHS & English school system
MrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond reputeMrsFychan has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boxes from our container ordered to be vacuumed for re inspection

ouch.
We had our card steam cleaned inside and out in the UK so had no problem with getting that through.

I would get a costing for that all to be done, especially if it is something you may not think is worth the cost.
Also get them to explain why boxes need to be hoovered as seems a little strange.

who is the company?
Old Jan 11th 2014, 9:51 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation
Default Re: Boxes from our container ordered to be vacuumed for re inspection

The Moving Company who probably also charged a 'service fee'

Get the actual paperwork from MAF and see what is what.
Old Jan 11th 2014, 9:58 pm
Account Closed

MrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to allMrsGreen2013 is a name known to all
Exclamation Re: Boxes from our container ordered to be vacuumed for re inspection

Originally Posted by BEVS
The Moving Company who probably also charged a 'service fee'

Get the actual paperwork from MAF and see what is what.
We've had a really lovely experience with the moving company so far. All our kit was delivered yesterday in A1 condition and by lovely chaps. One of whom is maf ticketed and said he would go back to the yard and check all our other kit to make sure it gets through. No really extra costs just a few bucks for the hoovering. Admittedly we have since seen our fridge and some kit was covered in cobwebs so our fault and don't mind the extra fees to clean that. Thanks for the info everyone.