Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Boring question about suet

Boring question about suet

Old Jul 20th 2006, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boring question about suet

Originally Posted by Jude J
They sure are! What a bu**er, we have just moved house and I gave away all her baby stuff to charity, it would have been perfect if you had a girl, all the right sizes etc.
How exciting! I sometimes wish I was 20ish again and could have more babies!
Hubby at home today with our daughter, he just sent me a pic of her in the garden
Dont worry, I have some friends here holding stuff for me til I get the scan.

Lol.... I'm getting towards 40-ish and still having more babies!... heres a pic taken 2 days over when DS decided it was better to eat the bubbles rather than wash the car with them.
Attached Thumbnails Boring question about suet-dcp_2413.jpg  
Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by SarahB

Lol.... I'm getting towards 40-ish and still having more babies!... heres a pic taken 2 days over when DS decided it was better to eat the bubbles rather than wash the car with them.

What a cutie!! Is he loooking forward to having a baby in the house?
Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:30 am
Forum Regular

Off2NZ will become famous soon enoughOff2NZ will become famous soon enough

And theres me thinking I would be lucky to get a single reply to this question!
Suet is obviously more popular than we all thought!!!

Off2NZ.... let us know how you get on with the Shreddo... I probably wont be able to pop up to Botany til monday now.... I was up in Howick all day yesterday at a friends house. Is that where you live?
I did get Shreddo but didn't get round to trying anything with it yesterday so no Jam Roly Poly for tea like I thought! We ended up going to McD's for tea and then trying to shop for a television - didn't get one though. Yes, we live in Howick, about 4-5 mins drive from Botany which is nice and handy!

....our house in Peterborough...
we used to live about an hour from Peterborough back in the UK!

G
Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Off2NZ

I did get Shreddo but didn't get round to trying anything with it yesterday so no Jam Roly Poly for tea like I thought! We ended up going to McD's for tea and then trying to shop for a television - didn't get one though. Yes, we live in Howick, about 4-5 mins drive from Botany which is nice and handy!

G
We had to buy a tv last week, we had borrowed a very old one from mother in law and it finally died last week, it was so black that you could barely see anything
Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:35 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Suet is obviously more popular than we all thought!!!

we used to live about an hour from Peterborough back in the UK!

G
Jam Roly Poly has to be with custard though doesnt it?! mmmmmm

We are 20 minutes drive from Botany.... we just go through Whitford and we're there.

I just sold a house in Deeping St James which is South Lincs.... 8 miles north of Peterborough... we have a town house in Yaxley which is tween the A1 and Peterborough. All our family live in or around Peterborough. Whereabouts were you?
Old Jul 21st 2006, 2:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jude J
What a cutie!! Is he loooking forward to having a baby in the house?
Probably not.... hes an only child and over the last month has just started a phase of not sharing anything... and pushing and hitting children younger than himself. I keep on top of it but its difficult..... hes always been so easy going that Im going to have to drag the books out again to see how I deal with this. This morning at PlayGroup he had total meltdown because he couldnt have a choccy biscuit (for the mums)... I stuck to my guns and boy he had a meltdown!! Wheres Dr Phil or Tanya Byron when I need them?
Old Jul 21st 2006, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

Jam Roly Poly has to be with custard though doesnt it?! mmmmmm ?
Absolutely - I've really got a taste for it now and think I'm going to have to make it at the weekend.

We are 20 minutes drive from Botany.... we just go through Whitford and we're there. ?
We'll have to meet up sometime if you'd like - seeing as we are not far away from each other.

I just sold a house in Deeping St James which is South Lincs.... 8 miles north of Peterborough... we have a town house in Yaxley which is tween the A1 and Peterborough. All our family live in or around Peterborough. Whereabouts were you?
From a small town called Soham. (Actually I'm sure you've heard of it). Both hubby and I were born and brought up there and never moved away until now. I used to work in Ely for the Bishop and as Yaxley is in the Ely Diocese we had quite a lot of contact with people in Yaxley. Small world, eh?
Old Jul 21st 2006, 4:15 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

Absolutely - I've really got a taste for it now and think I'm going to have to make it at the weekend.

We'll have to meet up sometime if you'd like - seeing as we are not far away from each other.

From a small town called Soham. (Actually I'm sure you've heard of it). Both hubby and I were born and brought up there and never moved away until now. I used to work in Ely for the Bishop and as Yaxley is in the Ely Diocese we had quite a lot of contact with people in Yaxley. Small world, eh?
my uncle & his family live in Yaxley, my other uncle & aunt live in huntingdon (stukley meadows), and my great uncle lives in Ely. If we hadn't have come to Nz we'd be living in cambs, probably hardwick or comberton!!! we used to live an hour from peterborough (herts)
Old Jul 21st 2006, 4:30 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poppets
my uncle & his family live in Yaxley, my other uncle & aunt live in huntingdon (stukley meadows), and my great uncle lives in Ely. If we hadn't have come to Nz we'd be living in cambs, probably hardwick or comberton!!! we used to live an hour from peterborough (herts)

I've know of all those places! And I wonder where you'd rather be living now??!!
Old Jul 21st 2006, 4:33 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

I've know of all those places! And I wonder where you'd rather be living now??!!
well they may have the heat wave, but my beach is only 10mins away & not a soul on it!! & no wiffy tubes trains!
where do you think?
Old Jul 21st 2006, 4:37 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by poppets
well they may have the heat wave, but my beach is only 10mins away & not a soul on it!! & no wiffy tubes trains!
where do you think?
Definitely NZ for me! Although Hardwick and Comberton must have their pluses!!!
Old Jul 21st 2006, 4:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Definitely NZ for me! Although Hardwick and Comberton must have their pluses!!!
yeah but still miles from the beach , i'll stick with NZ too
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 2:21 am
BE Forum Addict

I still miss my family but I have to say that Yaxley just cant compare to Beachlands.... we lived on the busy London Road and the traffic was a constant noise all day... here its lovely and peaceful and I can walk to the beach in less than 10 minutes. The sea is clear here not like the dingey water at Sunny Hunny or Skeggy. I miss my family bigtime but we feel safer here and feel its a nicer place to bring up our littlun and the ever growing "bump"... its just whats best for us at this stage in our lives.
Old Jul 22nd 2006, 4:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

I love baking and need some suet? I always take forever finding stuff I want in the shops here for some reason.... hey I've only just managed to find some lard so I can make shortcrust pastry.... anyone know what the suet is called here and in which section would they put it? I used to use Atora at home. Ta for your help. Sarah

I had such a good laugh when I first read this thread (sorry! ) In Canada suet is something that we hang outside in the winter months for the birds to eat.

I had never heard of it being used for baking before. Learn something every day!

Sent karma for hijacking your thread!
Old Jul 23rd 2006, 8:46 am
Member of Mumo-land

mumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of lightmumomonty is a glorious beacon of light

Very cute!
Sarah that yellow bucket with the lip on it looks liek a proper UK horse water bucket. Have you noticed they feed and water their animals out of teh strangest things here (and in Oz) usually old Resene paint buckets.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.