Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Boring question about suet

Boring question about suet

Old Jul 20th 2006, 1:27 am

gruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond reputegruffbrown has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boring question about suet

Greetings from the USA, as much as a boring question it may seem, it worries us Expats everywhere You can't get it for love nor money over here. I miss my dumplings (Metaphorically)
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:36 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

And theres me thinking I would be lucky to get a single reply to this question!

Thanks for the recipes Poppets... I just have to try the first one definately... will let you know how it goes!! OH says he doesnt have a sweet tooth but I know different!

Off2NZ.... let us know how you get on with the Shreddo... I probably wont be able to pop up to Botany til monday now.... DS sleeps in the afternoons and PlayGroup at Maraetai tomorrow morning. Its on my shopping list though. I was up in Howick all day yesterday at a friends house. Is that where you live? Even after a year I still miss the convenience of Tescos I have to admit... we had the massive Tescos Extra just one mile away from our house in Peterborough... when I couldnt be bothered to cook (I used to work evenings) I used to pop to Tescos and get 2 of their Italiano (?) meals for 5 quid.... just stick em in the oven... and they tasted pretty good.

Oh, I like drop scones too.... my mum used to make fantastic ones.

Now I'm 14 weeks preggy I have found my appetite and all this talk about food is bad for me!!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:41 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by SarahB
And theres me thinking I would be lucky to get a single reply to this question!

Thanks for the recipes Poppets... I just have to try the first one definately... will let you know how it goes!! OH says he doesnt have a sweet tooth but I know different!

Off2NZ.... let us know how you get on with the Shreddo... I probably wont be able to pop up to Botany til monday now.... DS sleeps in the afternoons and PlayGroup at Maraetai tomorrow morning. Its on my shopping list though. I was up in Howick all day yesterday at a friends house. Is that where you live? Even after a year I still miss the convenience of Tescos I have to admit... we had the massive Tescos Extra just one mile away from our house in Peterborough... when I couldnt be bothered to cook (I used to work evenings) I used to pop to Tescos and get 2 of their Italiano (?) meals for 5 quid.... just stick em in the oven... and they tasted pretty good.

Oh, I like drop scones too.... my mum used to make fantastic ones.

Now I'm 14 weeks preggy I have found my appetite and all this talk about food is bad for me!!
You people are far to adventurous for my liking when it comes to cooking, I cannot cook to save my life (thats why I married a man who can )

but all this talk of food is making me hungry and a nice beer would go down rather well indeed
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:00 am
BE Forum Addict

SarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond reputeSarahB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kwprwn
You people are far to adventurous for my liking when it comes to cooking, I cannot cook to save my life (thats why I married a man who can )

but all this talk of food is making me hungry and a nice beer would go down rather well indeed
My mum was/still is a very good cook.... mmmm... she made great stew and dumplings. I went to college and did a Diploma in Catering Management... so I suppose thats where I get my interest from. I love making cakes and pastries and if I worked in a kitchen I'd want to be a pastry chef.

My OH cant cook..... well actually he can!! But when he had one go at cooking back home in UK he put a frozen pizza in the oven and tried to burn the house down...there was black smoke everywhere! We BBQ here quite a bit... even in the winter... he does all the BBQ-ing to give me a break.

Worst thing was a few weeks ago and I had terrible morning sickness and I couldnt even touch raw meat let alone eat it.... now I'm much better but still not 100%. I'm still yet to eat a steak sarnie... and thats one of our favs.

Arghhh..... I fancied a glass of wine the other day but I'm not allowed to drink it now. I remember when I was preggy before it was the hottest day in recorded history in UK and I was so hot and bothered I had a stubby (and a bounce on next doors bouncy castle)... my one and only drink in 9 months.
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

My mum was/still is a very good cook.... mmmm... she made great stew and dumplings. I went to college and did a Diploma in Catering Management... so I suppose thats where I get my interest from. I love making cakes and pastries and if I worked in a kitchen I'd want to be a pastry chef.

My OH cant cook..... well actually he can!! But when he had one go at cooking back home in UK he put a frozen pizza in the oven and tried to burn the house down...there was black smoke everywhere! We BBQ here quite a bit... even in the winter... he does all the BBQ-ing to give me a break.

Worst thing was a few weeks ago and I had terrible morning sickness and I couldnt even touch raw meat let alone eat it.... now I'm much better but still not 100%. I'm still yet to eat a steak sarnie... and thats one of our favs.

Arghhh..... I fancied a glass of wine the other day but I'm not allowed to drink it now. I remember when I was preggy before it was the hottest day in recorded history in UK and I was so hot and bothered I had a stubby (and a bounce on next doors bouncy castle)... my one and only drink in 9 months.
God I feel for you with the sickness thing and glad it has passed. I couldn't bare the sight, thought, or smell of food and lived on pieces of orange and water for a couple of weeks.
I have two older children and never had sickness with them.
Do you eat anything wierd? I would eat spinach with anything, or just spinach on its own. Not exactly a craving I just fancied it
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:10 am
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

now bbq that would be an occasion for me to charcoal everything and burn the house down too!!!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Jude J
God I feel for you with the sickness thing and glad it has passed. I couldn't bare the sight, thought, or smell of food and lived on pieces of orange and water for a couple of weeks.
I have two older children and never had sickness with them.
Do you eat anything wierd? I would eat spinach with anything, or just spinach on its own. Not exactly a craving I just fancied it
I went off meat with No. 1 also. I started off a few weeks ago wanting Big Macs!!! Then tinned whole tomatoes on toast! I dont really have any cravings now but I have pregnancy brain and find things put in stupid places. Oh, I did fancy the oranges on next doors tree.... I plucked up enough courage to ask him for some and he keeps popping some round for me... they are lovely and Ive just eaten one. This pregnancy is totally different to my first but that doesnt mean anything does it?
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by kwprwn
now bbq that would be an occasion for me to charcoal everything and burn the house down too!!!
OH kept overcooking everything but I moaned so much he now gets it right. Nothing better than BBQ with fresh salad and bread... mmmm
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Jude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to beholdJude J is a splendid one to behold

I went off meat with No. 1 also. I started off a few weeks ago wanting Big Macs!!! Then tinned whole tomatoes on toast! I dont really have any cravings now but I have pregnancy brain and find things put in stupid places. Oh, I did fancy the oranges on next doors tree.... I plucked up enough courage to ask him for some and he keeps popping some round for me... they are lovely and Ive just eaten one. This pregnancy is totally different to my first but that doesnt mean anything does it?
Are you going to find out the sex? Did you with your 1st?
I didn't with my older two, they are both teenagers and back in those days is was uncommon to find out
I did with this one though, I just always saw us with a daughter, I already have one of each so really didn't mind but I wanted to know so we asked at the scan and was so happy when he said it was a girl. It felt just like it does on the day you give birth only you are not competely knackered and we went out for dinner that night to celebrate!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Are you going to find out the sex? Did you with your 1st?
I didn't with my older two, they are both teenagers and back in those days is was uncommon to find out
I did with this one though, I just always saw us with a daughter, I already have one of each so really didn't mind but I wanted to know so we asked at the scan and was so happy when he said it was a girl. It felt just like it does on the day you give birth only you are not competely knackered and we went out for dinner that night to celebrate!
Yes we will find out the sex at the 20 week scan... I'm at week 14 now. I wanted to find out in UK but wasnt allowed to know in Peterborough... I couldve paid £100 to go to some clinic somewhere to find out but never bothered. I always wanted a boy and got what I wanted. This time I really have no preference, so long as its healthy I really dont mind. I gave away all (and I mean ALL!!) baby stuff/clothes away to charity before we emigrated in our massive clean up.... so I have to buy everything again this time anyway. I have boys clothes from 18 months upwards but thats all. I wasnt going to have any more kids as I'm nearing 40 now... this will be my last one.

I will be having a c-section in the beginning of January at Middlemore Hospital in Auckland... this is due to problems during and after birth first time around.

Are you pregnant now then?
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes we will find out the sex at the 20 week scan... I'm at week 14 now. I wanted to find out in UK but wasnt allowed to know in Peterborough... I couldve paid £100 to go to some clinic somewhere to find out but never bothered. I always wanted a boy and got what I wanted. This time I really have no preference, so long as its healthy I really dont mind. I gave away all (and I mean ALL!!) baby stuff/clothes away to charity before we emigrated in our massive clean up.... so I have to buy everything again this time anyway. I have boys clothes from 18 months upwards but thats all. I wasnt going to have any more kids as I'm nearing 40 now... this will be my last one.

I will be having a c-section in the beginning of January at Middlemore Hospital in Auckland... this is due to problems during and after birth first time around.

Are you pregnant now then?
No, sorry it did come accross that way didn't it! No, she is now 18 months old, also born beginning of Jan, so a summer baby. Not too bad getting up for the 3am feeds in the summer

I am 39 now, so almost 38 when I had her, my other two are 18 and 16!
We also had to start from scratch with baby stuff. It was quite nice as when I had my others money was tighter so I had all second hand things which was fine but it was nice to go out and choose this time!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 4:19 am
BE Forum Addict

No, sorry it did come accross that way didn't it! No, she is now 18 months old, also born beginning of Jan, so a summer baby. Not too bad getting up for the 3am feeds in the summer

I am 39 now, so almost 38 when I had her, my other two are 18 and 16!
We also had to start from scratch with baby stuff. It was quite nice as when I had my others money was tighter so I had all second hand things which was fine but it was nice to go out and choose this time!
I hadnt thought of that.... its so cold here in this house in the winter.... I wouldnt want to get up and feed a bub right now.... I freeze just going to the loo in the middle of the night.

We are the other way round. I worked in UK so we had money to buy whatever we wanted.... this time around we are skint as Im not working and we are buying a house so it will be second hand stuff this time. I really dont mind... they grow out of it so quick. I'll be looking on trademe and at the Plunket sales as soon as I know the sex of the peanut.... girls clothes are just sooooo cute!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 4:36 am
BE Forum Addict

I hadnt thought of that.... its so cold here in this house in the winter.... I wouldnt want to get up and feed a bub right now.... I freeze just going to the loo in the middle of the night.

We are the other way round. I worked in UK so we had money to buy whatever we wanted.... this time around we are skint as Im not working and we are buying a house so it will be second hand stuff this time. I really dont mind... they grow out of it so quick. I'll be looking on trademe and at the Plunket sales as soon as I know the sex of the peanut.... girls clothes are just sooooo cute!
They sure are! What a bu**er, we have just moved house and I gave away all her baby stuff to charity, it would have been perfect if you had a girl, all the right sizes etc.
How exciting! I sometimes wish I was 20ish again and could have more babies!
Hubby at home today with our daughter, he just sent me a pic of her in the garden
Attached Thumbnails Boring question about suet-lolagarden-016-medium-.jpg  
Old Jul 20th 2006, 4:54 am
BE Forum Addict

poppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond reputepoppets has a reputation beyond repute

I went to college and did a Diploma in Catering Management... so I suppose thats where I get my interest from. I love making cakes and pastries and if I worked in a kitchen I'd want to be a pastry chef.
If you need any recipes give me a shout, i've got loads, funnily enough i was in catering management too & during my college training i workes at Le Gavroche in the pastry section (Gordon Ramsay was on the mains section!)

......I remember when I was preggy before it was the hottest day in recorded history in UK ..............
Have you seen the weather in the UK - hottest july day ever ,36.5C (97.7F).

................baby stuff/clothes away to charity before we emigrated in our massive clean up.... so I have to buy everything again this time anyway............Have you thought about hiring baby equip rather than buy again , try www.babyonthemove.co.nz, i don't know waht prices are like but might be worth a look!
Old Jul 20th 2006, 7:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks.... its years and years since I went to college.... Ive forgotten so much over the years. I often do need recipes so I'll give you a shout... me and OH simply love Gordon Ramsey... we watch all his TV programmes. I have no idea why I went to college to do that course as I wasnt interested before that.

Yes.... its really hot over there. They cant moan they arnt getting a summer this year...

Yes, we have thought of hiring some things... like the baby seat to go in the car etc.... apparently plunket hire some things out... so Ive been told.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.