British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Bored! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/bored-754273/)

love30stm Apr 9th 2012 1:56 am

Bored!

having a bored moment over Easter, went to the cinema on Saturday and thought we would go for a drink after but everywhere was closing at 10pm??? then Sunday drove out to Palmerston North and it was sooooo dead! dont get me wrong beautiful sunny weather over Easter, but sometimes i just want to see crowds of people sitting enjoying a drink or a meal and things going on i miss the traffic jams getting to somewhere on a bank holiday! :(

anyway planning a trip back to the UK later in the year to remind me why i left, or maybe it will make me feel why did i? ;)

anyway looking for best cheap flights for just me :)

rant over :lol:

Justcol Apr 9th 2012 2:41 am

Re: Bored!

tell you what if your bored lets try this

I spy with my little eye something beginning with T

for cheap flights try klm, Lufthansa, Malaysian etc and try expedia they can mix and match airlines
fly out with one, fly back with another, a lot of the time its cheaper

love30stm Apr 9th 2012 5:14 am

Tits!!! oops sorry maybe Tossers

and thanks i feel like i need to go back to some interesting people in England and have a good old laugh and of course see my brother, Mum and friends :)

barnsleymat Apr 9th 2012 5:15 am

Its certainly weird bars and shops being forced to close over Easter.

I'm not sure if it's a good or bad thing.

My missis is flying home next month with Korean Air, $2100 return. You can even book what meal you get on the plane, she's booked Yorkshire Terrier on the way out and Labradoodle on the way back.

love30stm Apr 9th 2012 5:22 am

Originally Posted by barnsleymat (Post 9995707)

My missis is flying home next month with Korean Air, $2100 return. You can even book what meal you get on the plane, she's booked Yorkshire Terrier on the way out and Labradoodle on the way back.

Cheers for that im looking to go later in the year about Aug or September need to save some dollars

Tomsk Apr 9th 2012 5:38 am

We're going back on holiday for 3 weeks next month, and we got a great deal with swissair/ Thai air which cost $1500. The downside is that we fly into Zurich. Easy jet & 1 bag, no meal of course, 22GBP. 2 adults, return for $3000 & 88GBP.
Admittedly we've been saving up for this for a while, and we booked it last year to take advantage of a special deal that we saw.

I've come to like the quiet Easter holidays, our children are both home from university on holiday, so it was good to stay home, pottering in the garden, enjoying a nice family meal & just making the most of the great weather & no pressures on any of us to go anywhere or do anything more demanding than walking the dogs. For me it was relaxing rather than boring, and the glorious weather was a real added bonus.

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter wherever you are in the world, or however you spent it.

love30stm Apr 9th 2012 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Tomsk (Post 9995723)
We're going back on holiday for 3 weeks next month, and we got a great deal with swissair/ Thai air which cost $1500. The downside is that we fly into Zurich. Easy jet & 1 bag, no meal of course, 22GBP. 2 adults, return for $3000 & 88GBP.
Admittedly we've been saving up for this for a while, and we booked it last year to take advantage of a special deal that we saw.

I've come to like the quiet Easter holidays, our children are both home from university on holiday, so it was good to stay home, pottering in the garden, enjoying a nice family meal & just making the most of the great weather & no pressures on any of us to go anywhere or do anything more demanding than walking the dogs. For me it was relaxing rather than boring, and the glorious weather was a real added bonus.

I hope you all enjoyed your Easter wherever you are in the world, or however you spent it.

Its funny i emigrated to NZ to live in a nice big house in a nice area surrounded by countryside and a quieter Life. it all helps that your children have settled but my eldest never has and dreams of escaping to the bright lights one day when she can get a job that is! and plus ive realized that i actually love the city now im in a large village that is New Zealand. oh well Husband likes it :)

Kija Apr 9th 2012 7:22 am

Originally Posted by barnsleymat (Post 9995707)

:rofl::rofl:

zaras dad Apr 9th 2012 7:32 am

what website was that through? very good deal indeed. The easyjet bit would be a pain on the baggage front..........

Justcol Apr 9th 2012 11:54 am

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 9995704)
Tits!!!

Damn your good,right first time, there was a pair sat on the bird feeder outside my window :rofl:

We're going back on holiday for 3 weeks next month, and we got a great deal with swissair/ Thai air which cost $1500.

That's a great price when did you book? I thought I'd done well at 2100 Auckland -Paris outbound, then Manchester-Rome with an 8 day stopover before Rome-Auckland home.

j19fmm Apr 9th 2012 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by love30stm (Post 9995570)
anyway looking for best cheap flights for just me :)

rant over :lol:

Have you tried looking at Chinese airlines? I think it's China Southern and Air China, found some cheap flights with them via Taipei. Korean are also cheap.

love30stm Apr 9th 2012 9:00 pm

[QUOTE=Justcol;9996156]Damn your good,right first time, there was a pair sat on the bird feeder outside my window :rofl:

:rofl:

crumpy10 Apr 9th 2012 9:22 pm

luckily we are too busy packing and sorting stuff out to be bored, but thank god we have been, as its been pissing it down all Easter weekend!!!!:blink:

No fun for the kids, and we have an immediate hose pipe ban.......

Anna xx:D:D