Bored

Old Jan 8th 2011, 9:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bored

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Jump on the bike, head out of town.
Great idea but i am bikeless at the moment
I've given the current one to the wife and am hunting
for a DR250/350 to tour the south island on, I'll them flog
that and get a pocket rocket again

Wierd thing is we went over TeAwamutu last night which is a slightly
smaller town than Cambridge and the puvs there were full
I think its just the snobby Cambridge folk not knowing how to have a good time
Old Jan 9th 2011, 9:32 am
Just Joined

gocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nice

DR250/350 is quite small for touring on. they also have a low seat height. great offroad though cos you can move your weight around like on a trials bike.
are you planning a lot of offroad on your tour?
Old Jan 9th 2011, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Black Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of lightBlack Sheep is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sugo
You have to really put your self out there in NZ. I'm in Melbourne at the moment and we don't have many Australian friends. Most of our friends are Kiwi's, English, Canadian and one person from Taiwan. After meeting most Australians I have no urge to see them socially.
Why is that???

(BTW, how did you manage to meet 'most Australians'? That would have to have been one very major feat to accomplish!)
Old Jan 10th 2011, 2:01 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gocebe
DR250/350 is quite small for touring on. they also have a low seat height. great offroad though cos you can move your weight around like on a trials bike.
are you planning a lot of offroad on your tour?
as much as possible, i want to take the roads less travelled which in NZ
usually means unsealed gravell roads.
I've always prefered small capacity bikes over their big brothers, much more
fun to ride and they require a lot more input to get from A to B, you cant just
sit in one gear and let the engine do it all for you.
Look up Mondo Enduro or Lois on the loose to see what what a little bike can do
Old Jan 10th 2011, 2:50 am
Banned

Expat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond reputeExpat Kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugo
After meeting most Australians I have no urge to see them socially.
You'd rather meet them un-socially?
Old Jan 10th 2011, 5:17 am
Just Joined

gocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nicegocebe is just really nice

Originally Posted by colandros
as much as possible, i want to take the roads less travelled which in NZ
usually means unsealed gravell roads.
I've always prefered small capacity bikes over their big brothers, much more
fun to ride and they require a lot more input to get from A to B, you cant just
sit in one gear and let the engine do it all for you.
Look up Mondo Enduro or Lois on the loose to see what what a little bike can do
interesting.
i spent a couple of years in the late nineties riding a 600 tenere around africa.
i found that in loose sand you need all the power you can get but a smaller bike would have been great for jungle bashing and mud and getting across rivers in little boats.
changing gear a lot might help prevent 'vibration finger' as well!
Old Jan 10th 2011, 7:33 am
It is what it is Member

simonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond reputesimonsi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gocebe
'vibration finger'
Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:08 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

We're on a flying two up tour in March.
Going to homegrown in Welly, then jumping on the ferry on the Sunday for a quick flit down to Queenstown.
Old Jan 10th 2011, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

Droidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud ofDroidling has much to be proud of

Col,

Something to put in the diary for next Xmas holidays (apologies if I'm teaching Grandma to suck eggs) to stave off the boredom :-

http://www.cemeterycircuit.co.nz/

Can you imagine the Health & Safety police allowing this in Blighty (Hence the popularity of the IOM TT). They had to re-site a lamppost in Wanganui as the riders couldn't get their bikes on the pegs without colliding with it !!
Happy days
Old Jan 10th 2011, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Vibration finger is similar to what miners suffered with after using vibrating power tools for hours on end.
Basically your fingers go numb through the constant vibration through the handlebars.
Not painful just a loss of feeling and strength in the fingers but it can take quite a while to clear up.

There arent many soft sand places down here so i'm confident a little bike will see me there and back
plus wondering wether it will or not is half the fun isnt it

Last edited by Justcol; Jan 10th 2011 at 9:47 am.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Tranmere Rover;9085091]Then we got to Rotorua and were the only people on the street or in the restaurant!

QUOTE]

All the better for us Rotorua Locals ;- )

It is a lot quieter, but it's quite different once you become a "local".

Gill