Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Which boradband? Need advice

Which boradband? Need advice

Old Oct 3rd 2008, 7:33 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Which boradband? Need advice

Not sure if you are sorted yet Android, but if still looking, this might help you choose

http://www.consumer.org.nz/topic.asp...nttype=general

We use Slingshot and have done for 18 months with no problems and the inlaws are with Inspire again with no probs

HTH
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 8:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

lapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond reputelapsed kiwi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cally49
Hi there i just did a google search and found the following no date on it though.
http://www.telecom.co.nz/content/0,6...204205,00.html
Cheers
Cally
I think those plans have now been withdrawn, although this very recent article:
http://computerworld.co.nz/news.nsf/...2574D40003C0D1
has some good news, especially if you're living in an area where telecom's ADSL2 service is available

as for speed, well I get 6.7Mbps download and 570kbps upload with Orcon, and this is way faster than I ever got in the UK (although I have been here for three years now). Speed of ADSL is always going to vary a lot depending on line quality, contention ratio, distance from exchange etc. Perhaps some of you with poor speed could check at speedtest.net and report the results here?
Old Oct 3rd 2008, 10:57 pm
Winter hibernator

Ted Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to beholdTed Logan is a splendid one to behold

Broadband is limited here, ranging in price for what you want (stops those nasty pirates )

Telecom did have a $50 unlimited a while back but stropped that now, they have also upgraded there kit so maybes in the future this might happen.
Old Oct 4th 2008, 8:34 pm

love30stm is an unknown quantity at this point

We are with i hug (vodofone) and we have 20gb....and even in the Uk it has a limit btw.....

and we seem to use that within a month

think its about $60.00 per month

and not had any problem goes slow sometimes, but If i remember it did in the Uk also