Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

BOP here we come!!

BOP here we come!!

Old Aug 16th 2007, 1:12 pm
Just Joined

welshsteve will become famous soon enoughwelshsteve will become famous soon enough
Default BOP here we come!!

Well nearly there!!!

Land in Auckland on 30th Aug, few days there then off down to Tauranga to start new life!!!!
3 kiddies gettin very excited!

Bloody stressful sorting everything out this end though:curse:
Old Aug 16th 2007, 7:55 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BOP here we come!!

Originally Posted by welshsteve
Well nearly there!!!

Land in Auckland on 30th Aug, few days there then off down to Tauranga to start new life!!!!

Karma for your travels!
Good luck and enjoy!
Karen B
Old Aug 16th 2007, 8:14 pm
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Don't worry - you'll have, what, 30 hours? on the plane to unwind!

It does get better. Good luck with it all and look forward to relaxing on your way to your new life.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:34 pm
Just Joined

tallpaul2uk will become famous soon enoughtallpaul2uk will become famous soon enough

Well nearly there!!!

Hi Welshsteve,

I moved from the Uk to Taurnaga around 8 months ago...you will ove it here

Good Luck!
Old Aug 16th 2007, 9:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

Good luck with your move........

Wales sure does seem a long way away now but i'm sure you'll love it here and depending where you're living you'll probably think it looks almost exactly like our home country. A great deal of the NZ we've seen so far reminds me of mid Wales in so many ways from the open Beacons type country to the rolling mid wales fields and farmland.

So far i think NZ is great in many many ways and we're here to stay but for me 'home' is still Wales and allways will be.

We managed to remove a little bit of 'home' before we left and brought it with us for sentimental sake and eventually i'll get it put in a case or something as a novelty display thing but it will always remind my kids of the days before we left.
Old Aug 16th 2007, 10:01 pm
Forum Regular

jaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the roughjaybirdjan is a jewel in the rough

Well nearly there!!!

Hi Steve

Congrats we land on 22nd with no looking back kids really excited

Know what you mean about stress finally started packing cases today Don't know wher everything going to go!!!!

Container should arrive next couple of days into auckland

Anyway good luck with the move

Jan
Old Aug 17th 2007, 8:31 am
BE Forum Addict

helinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond reputehelinuk has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move to BOP.
see thread re meetup in Tauranga- would be good to have a grand BOP meetup!
We'll arrive in October.
Old Aug 17th 2007, 11:39 am
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute

Good Luck with your move. Enjoy your last week in the UK

Just wondering , is the BOP full yet?? EVERYONE seems to be migrating in that direction. No wonder it floods over there, too many bl**dy people
Old Aug 17th 2007, 1:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

kato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond reputekato33 has a reputation beyond repute

Well nearly there!!!

We are also heading down that way, hopefully in Jan 08.

Maybe a poll should be started to see who has settled where. Might be of great help to those on the way over and wishing to speak to fellow expats.

Don't know how to start one so no good me even trying..........AmLoolah, Karonious HELP!!
Old Aug 17th 2007, 6:59 pm
Forum Regular

weebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud ofweebossyboots has much to be proud of

Well nearly there!!!

Oh Good Luck!

Our house went on sale today and I keep bursting into tears! It could take months to sell and I'm a wreck already. I'm sure that'll die down after the initial excitement gets taken over by the boredom of waiting for viewers and the tediousness of keeping the house clean and tidy!

Wishing you all the best and might see you in BOP. How exciting!

Ah well, it's Friday night - where did i put that corkscrew
Old Aug 17th 2007, 9:21 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by weebossyboots
Oh Good Luck!

Our house went on sale today and I keep bursting into tears! It could take months to sell and I'm a wreck already. I'm sure that'll die down after the initial excitement gets taken over by the boredom of waiting for viewers and the tediousness of keeping the house clean and tidy!

Wishing you all the best and might see you in BOP. How exciting!

Ah well, it's Friday night - where did i put that corkscrew
Great choice of destination!!

Have a great journey and safe flight - try and get some rest before the hard work begins again this end!!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

krissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant futurekrissie has a brilliant future

Well nearly there!!!

Hiya..
we're in tauranga too!! lovely place n the kids will love it... my 3 think it great!! good luck with the move...its all worth it!!!
Old Aug 19th 2007, 9:27 pm
patience...is a virtue!!!

reecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant futurereecefam has a brilliant future

Well nearly there!!!

WELL DONE STEVE...great news...all the best for the journey mate...hopefully i will be joining you for a pint in 3 months time...keep it cold for me!
PM me your new email address as your old work one is not working!

Last edited by reecefam; Aug 19th 2007 at 9:30 pm. Reason: Spell
Old Aug 19th 2007, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ash1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond reputeAsh1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well nearly there!!!

Good luck. Let us know where and when you`ve settled. I agree with Am Loonylah in that just accept that it is different over here and no you cant get a decent sausage!!!!