Books!

Old May 28th 2006, 7:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Frenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud ofFrenchy has much to be proud of
Default Books!

Hi there
Did a car boot sale in Midlands today. I have megga loads of books paperbacks, hardback, adult and children's left over. Was wondering if it is worth putting the lot in the container for Garage sale in NZ?
Hopefully Blenheim bound as soon as we sell the house!
Thanks in anticipation for your thoughts!
Old May 28th 2006, 8:24 pm
sky
Banned

sky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond reputesky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Books!

I would if you have the space, books are quite expensive here.
Old May 28th 2006, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

rita narbett is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Frenchy
Hi there
Did a car boot sale in Midlands today. I have megga loads of books paperbacks, hardback, adult and children's left over. Was wondering if it is worth putting the lot in the container for Garage sale in NZ?
Hopefully Blenheim bound as soon as we sell the house!
Thanks in anticipation for your thoughts!
Snap! We did a car boot in the midlands today. Could barely get the goods on the pasting table, they were like flys round s*!@. Gonna do another tomorrow if the weather holds out.
Old May 29th 2006, 7:50 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

I brought mine with me. Not to sell - just to have around me. It is expensive to buy books here as Sky says and to fill up your book cases again would cost a fair packet. Just as an example, I bought the latest Lee Child a couple of weeks ago in Whitculls (big bookstore) - it cost $35 and I was SOOO pissed off when I saw it in the Warehouse for $25
Old May 29th 2006, 9:31 am
Forum Regular

nickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant futurenickcharliepark has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Batty
I brought mine with me. Not to sell - just to have around me. It is expensive to buy books here as Sky says and to fill up your book cases again would cost a fair packet. Just as an example, I bought the latest Lee Child a couple of weeks ago in Whitculls (big bookstore) - it cost $35 and I was SOOO pissed off when I saw it in the Warehouse for $25
Hi

Was it ONE SHOT? I have just read that from the library, I have stopped myself from buying books because of the impending move, so I joined the library instaed because I can't manage wwithout a good book - perhaps I should stock up? Or perhaps we could start a lending service between expats on this site!

Nick
Old May 29th 2006, 9:30 pm
Dreams can come true :)

Babycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond reputeBabycatcher has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickcharliepark
Hi

Was it ONE SHOT? I have just read that from the library, I have stopped myself from buying books because of the impending move, so I joined the library instaed because I can't manage wwithout a good book - perhaps I should stock up? Or perhaps we could start a lending service between expats on this site!

Nick
Lending service is an EXCELLENT IDEA! WIll definitely think of bringing all surplus books...Just need someone to organise this... you maybe?
Old May 31st 2006, 12:42 am
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nickcharliepark
Hi

Nick
Yep - that was it. I actually bought MORE books before I left. It was lovely when my shipping arrived and I had new ones to read. I also fell in for a load from a colleague here who was moving house. She brought me in a plastic bag full every day for a week YIPPEE!!!
Old May 31st 2006, 6:47 pm
UK, NZ and SA User

leaseuk is on a distinguished road

If you want to do book swapping - go to www.readitswapit.co.uk

A brilliant swap service. You type in the ISBN number and it will fill in the rest. You then have an active list of your books - you can make some inactive, but still available for you to see.

Now you go and find a book you want from Mrs NZ - click the 'I would like to swap button'. Mrs NZ will then look at your books, she likes one she'll say 'let's swap, I want that one'. If Mrs NZ doesn't want any of yours you get a little email saying not today. You then choose someone else that has that book or choose another one.

When you have one that you want to swap - no money changes hands. you just agree to post it to that person - ta dah, job done.

Hope that helps someone.
Old May 31st 2006, 9:49 pm
By name and by nature

Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!