British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Booking a holiday from NZ to anywhere... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/booking-holiday-nz-anywhere-664602/)

BEVS Apr 19th 2010 12:39 am

Booking a holiday from NZ to anywhere...

I've been day-dreaming about a holiday again. We haven't had one for ourselves for over 6 years now, apart from the trips back to the UK to visit and help our respective elderly parents which , believe me, does not count as a holiday or R&R.

Husband is suggesting downtime somewhere in the South Pacific. We travelled through Fiji, Tonga and Samoa back in '97 so I am thinking maybe Cook Islands .

Looking at the Air NZ website , it seems to offer pretty good package deals but does anyone have any thoughts on where or how to get the best deals for our precious few $$.

As we are by Nelson, we have to factor that into the costs.

Cheers guys. :).

pixi-dust Apr 19th 2010 2:30 am

Re: Booking a holiday from NZ to anywhere...

BEVS we have just been thinking the same thing. L has been talking to

www.ourpacific.co.nz

and they've been really good with some excellent deals. The proces we've been looking at also include flights.
We went to Tonga last year and loved it. This year we're thinking Raro.

Steve1977 Apr 19th 2010 2:40 am

Hi Bev, just had a quick looksie for ya, looks like the cheapest way is to book it separately.

Didn't know the dates you wanted to go, but as a guide-

Fly with Air NZ 12/06 for 5 nights from Auckland returning 17/06 for $568 pp from Auckland booked directly through their website.

Staying at the Raina Beach Apts (Garden View) for $50 pppn ($250) pp booked through http://www.wotif.co.nz

Just add on your Nelson-AKL flights @ $198 then your done.

$1016 all in. :thumbup:

BEVS May 2nd 2010 6:53 am

It's looking possible :thumbup:

Anyone ever used Expedia to book their accom ?

It seems they can do deals cheaper than booking with the accom direct.

Matewx May 2nd 2010 7:47 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8536264)

Yes they do & you should not worry!

Just make sure you read the conditions linked on the rate... Especially with regards to refund if cancellation/change of date!

Happy holiday planning!!

xx

MnB May 2nd 2010 9:20 am

:thumbsup:Hey .....where are you off to then??......will we be saying our goodbyes on the Cook's??:thumbsup:
B x

AngelaandJim May 2nd 2010 9:16 pm

How about a cruise? Very relaxing and excellent value for money :thumbup:

Wherever you go have a fantastic time x

Angela ;)

BEVS May 2nd 2010 9:42 pm

Thanks guys. :wub:

That was such a good deal Steve1977 and it did make me feel we could do this. So thanks a lot for your post.

I'm also going to email with Our Pacific to see what prices they come up with, so thanks for the link.

You're right Matewx. I am worrying a bit. I don't want to drop a clanger.

I think it'll be an AirNZ flight Nelson through to the Cook's. I'll just have to watch the timings on it.

Funnily enough I did think of a short cruise first off Angela as I have never ever done anything like that, but himself is more set on the Cook Island idea. I haven't quite been able to convince him that he won't get seasick on a liner. He is a major puker on boats. :lol:

Cor Can you imagine meeting up in the Cook's Barb. :eek: Naw. If we go, it'll have to be around August time when work possibly goes quiet. It'll be unpaid leave as it is, as all holiday pay got used up when he had no work last year.

AngelaandJim May 2nd 2010 9:45 pm

I'm a major puker on boats too but liners don't bother me.

Have a fantastic time hope August comes round quickly for you :thumbup:

Angela x

BEVS May 2nd 2010 9:46 pm

OOo.. Stop . I'm getting all excited about it and I haven't even booked anything yet.

scrubbedexpat094 May 2nd 2010 9:47 pm

Room for me 'n' him in your suitcase?????? Please:angel_smile:

MnB May 3rd 2010 5:32 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8537630)
Thanks guys. :wub:

Cor Can you imagine meeting up in the Cook's Barb. :eek: Naw. If we go, it'll have to be around August time when work possibly goes quiet. It'll be unpaid leave as it is, as all holiday pay got used up when he had no work last year.

:cry_smile::cry_smile:....We'll just do the recce for you then :( So don't book the cooks yet :thumbup:

No goodbyes anyway 'cause we'll be over again next yr:sneaky:

:wub:B x

Reylan May 3rd 2010 5:39 am

Hi Bevs

We have just returned from a trip to NZ and used Expedia for almost all of our hotel bookings (we have also used them before) and they were really good. Alos, if you sign up for their news letter you can sometimes get some very good offers - we had one with 15% off which I used on the most expensive hotel we booked.

Reylan

harrogate girl May 4th 2010 5:09 am

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 8537642)
OOo.. Stop . I'm getting all excited about it and I haven't even booked anything yet.

HI Bev Sale is on for the pacific Islands from Fiji to Samoa, Vanuatu, and New Caledonia.
Soma starts at $689 WITH RETURN AIRFARES 5 night in the Outrigger Hotel + Breakfast. Fiji starts at $749, Islands from $1259. Vanuatu $899 inc return airfares and transfers 7 nights in Coconut palms and breakfast daily from 13 July to Dec10 all with the Flight Centre but may cost you more as price start from Auckland.
WWW.flightcentre.co.nz/global-sale
Hope this may help:thumbsup:

BEVS May 4th 2010 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by MnB (Post 8538302)
:cry_smile:....x

We could've snorkelled togevver :cry_smile:

That's good to know Reylan. I'll defo. look to Expedia then, although I'm also going to see if any accom. will offer deals direct.

Cheers for the info HarrogateGirl. :thumbup: