Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

booking flights on the web

booking flights on the web

Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

charlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nice
Default booking flights on the web

Can anyone help with this dilemma, please? I have been given various pieces of information about booking flights to the UK that do not originate from here in NZ. Does anyone know if it is OK to book from say, Melbourne to UK return from an Aussie site, if you are a NZ resident (who happens to be visiting Melbourne for a while)? One agent said that there is a rule about only buying tickets from your country of origin.
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Trish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really niceTrish M is just really nice
Default Re: booking flights on the web

That doesn't sound right. What if you travel around the world regularly in your job moving from country to country and plan your itinery in advance?
I have a colleague who is an ex-travel agent. I'm working with her tomorrow so I'll check
Old Feb 3rd 2012, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

that's bollocks, most flight booking sites offer the option of multi destination flights.

You can book your nz to oz flight then book a flight from oz to uk for a different date.
Be warned though, i don't think oz immigration will llet you in with evidence of an exit flight within their time scale.
I cant remember who but someone on here has booked nz to uk return flights through a uk travel agent

I'm booking flights to the UK from NZ and a return to NZ from Rome.
Old Feb 4th 2012, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

charlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nicecharlcote is just really nice

Originally Posted by Justcol
that's bollocks, most flight booking sites offer the option of multi destination flights.

You can book your nz to oz flight then book a flight from oz to uk for a different date.
Be warned though, i don't think oz immigration will llet you in with evidence of an exit flight within their time scale.
I cant remember who but someone on here has booked nz to uk return flights through a uk travel agent

I'm booking flights to the UK from NZ and a return to NZ from Rome.
Thanks Trish and Justcol. I think there used to be a rule about only booking from your country of residence - maybe that is no longer enforceable, with internet sales.

Still not yet quite bold enough to buy a single to the UK, then whilst there buy a UK/NZ return and take advantage of their cheaper prices, but if I hear of more good experiences with this (other than the one account I already have) I'll be aiming to do this in future!