Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Booking Flights - moved to main forum

Booking Flights - moved to main forum

Old May 12th 2008, 9:47 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of
Default Booking Flights - moved to main forum

Hi can anyone give me any pointers on the cheapest flight companies please we have only got a week or 19days availiable but are looking to go sometime in june so my husband can meet his employer and we can check out schools and stuff??????
Old May 12th 2008, 11:03 pm
P2L
BE Forum Addict

P2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond reputeP2L has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking Flights

Originally Posted by aalls73
Hi can anyone give me any pointers on the cheapest flight companies please we have only got a week or 19days availiable but are looking to go sometime in june so my husband can meet his employer and we can check out schools and stuff??????

We used eBookers; they did the hard work for us.

You can try looking on the airline websites too; Air New Zealand are one of the cheapest especially if you are prepared to put up with the hassle of flying via the U.S. Avoid school holidays and any major sporting events if at all possible cos the price will be higher then
Old May 12th 2008, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

aalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud ofaalls73 has much to be proud of

hi thanks yeah tried them the only impossibility we have is we've got to cram as much as poss in in a week or 10days and that includes flying there and back. God Help Us i gather it is cheaper to fly to auckland or Wellington??? rather than to New Plymouth???
Old May 12th 2008, 11:30 pm
Sleazy Dippin Doodle

Kiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond reputeKiwiprincess has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booking Flights - moved to main forum

If on Air NZ you should be able to book the internal for only a small amount extra (ie not the full price of the ticket) but i doubt other websites will allow this.

Auckland has more flights available. Which means it tends to be a bit cheaper. Not a huge amount compared to Wellington but you are likely to get a better choice or selection of flight times. As the international flights from Wellington are only to Australia (with a few exceptions to the Pacific Islands) it means that you would generally transit through Australia (or of course, Auckland).
Old May 12th 2008, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

teambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to beholdteambwr47 is a splendid one to behold

You could try KLM..... last time i checked they were the cheapest of the major carriers by some margin at the time of year we were looking.

You will need to fly via Amsterdam but that allows for a regional connection from the UK so you could fly from any number of airports.

I checked a flight with Air NZ on the route between UK and NZ and KLM came in near 2000NZ$ cheaper for a family of 4.

The daft thing was that you could book the whole flight with KLM but after a change in HK the last leg was an AirNZ flight.

Air NZ was flying into London Heathrow leaving us a drive of 3 hours whereas KLM after a change in Amsterdam could fly us to an airport 10 miles from home for less money...........
Old May 13th 2008, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

I'd take a look at Emirates and Korea airlines.
Both of these have been cheaper than most at other times of the year
Old May 13th 2008, 11:32 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

hi thanks yeah tried them the only impossibility we have is we've got to cram as much as poss in in a week or 10days and that includes flying there and back. God Help Us i gather it is cheaper to fly to auckland or Wellington??? rather than to New Plymouth???
You're only option is to fly into Auckland and either get an internal flight to New Plymouth or drive.
Look to get the internal flight in with the international flight deal.
Old May 13th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

We used our local Flight Centre in the local high street for our 2 week reccie in Feb. The agent trawled through flight possibilities for us and in the end we flew Virgin to San Francisco then Air Newzealand to Auckland/Wellington and back. For 4 of us it was £700 cheaper than going Air NZ all the way.
Old May 13th 2008, 12:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

MOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond reputeMOSO has a reputation beyond repute

Just remembered it was cheaper flying out on a Saturday morning rather than the more popular Friday night - the M25 was easier too!
Old May 13th 2008, 2:55 pm
Forum Regular

hi thanks all for the info looks like i have a wonderful evening ahead of me going through all the different sites. Does anyone think that it is cheaper to go through a Flight Broker or direct to the airline themselves????????
Old May 13th 2008, 2:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

julesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to beholdjulesnye is a splendid one to behold

hi thanks all for the info looks like i have a wonderful evening ahead of me going through all the different sites. Does anyone think that it is cheaper to go through a Flight Broker or direct to the airline themselves????????
sometimes the airlines have cheaper offers, so it's just check them out I'm afraid
Old May 13th 2008, 5:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

j19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond reputej19fmm has a reputation beyond repute

Have used Dial a Flight 0870 333 6666, they will hold a price whilst you ring around and try to better it. Tried lots of other sites etc but they were the best price and very helpful too.
Flown with Korean Air and it was really good, plenty of leg room and lots of spare seats to spread out on to.
Good luck and have a great time.