Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Booking 2009 flights for family

Booking 2009 flights for family

Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:49 pm
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice
Default Re: Booking 2009 flights for family

Ooooh! We're just outside in Whaddon Village. When are you making the big move? And where to...?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:51 pm
Forum Regular

welshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the rough

Looking to go Christmas 2010, with the GF being a teacher, she needs the extra year for the the experience points.
Heading to Welly, but working in IT I need to look at Auckland as well.

So april will be fly into Auckland for a few days, then take a day or 2 to drive to welly.

How about you?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice

Probably be going in Dec/Jan. OH got a job offer today for Auckland so once thats all sorted things will probably speed up. We spent a month touring around New Zealand 3 years ago and we loved Welly! Great curries there! Gotta go where the jobs are though! Feeling excited and nervous all at the same time now things are progressing! Have you submitted your EOI or anything yet?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Flan
Margaret -

Just looked for flights for December to Auckland on Air New Zealand - the total cost is £1809 for 2 adults and 1 infant including all taxes and surcharges. Slightly more expensive for January - but only about £50 extra per adult. Not sure why you were quoted so much?! Maybe you should double check
Flan,what website are you checking? I'm looking just now and the cheapest for 2 adults 2 kids with stopover in Singapore is £3718 one way going in Nov this year. Can't check Singapore airlines as website does not seem compatible with a mac:curse:

Phyllis
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by weejie
Flan,what website are you checking? I'm looking just now and the cheapest for 2 adults 2 kids with stopover in Singapore is £3718 one way going in Nov this year. Can't check Singapore airlines as website does not seem compatible with a mac:curse:

Phyllis
http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/

Just double checked and flying from London to Auckland (one way) leaving on Sat 27th Dec 2 adults and 1 infant £1809. Im using a mac too so you should be ok on this site.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Phyllis
I use a mac normally using safari but Singapore Airlines will not work so try on Firefox. I do not have any trouble then.

June
Old Jul 31st 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.airnewzealand.co.uk/

Just double checked and flying from London to Auckland (one way) leaving on Sat 27th Dec 2 adults and 1 infant £1809. Im using a mac too so you should be ok on this site.

I have no problem with my mac going on Airnewzealand and I have just had another look at 27th Dec 2 adults 1 child and it gave me £1716 + taxes etc £579 = £2245. The next time I am booking flights please can I use your computer it appears to be better than mine

By the way the flights I quoted are return flights going 22nd Dec to 2nd Feb and its always dearer going for Christmas we could have gone for £400 less otherwise but the family want us there for Christmas. Plus we prefer going Singapore Airlines only one stop. This is flying Manchester to Auckland. That's another thing its always dearer flying from Manchester even if you are only going to Spain and its dearer still from Scotland.

June

Last edited by Margaret Parkinson; Jul 31st 2008 at 8:00 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

Phyllis
Hi Phyllis

I was having that trouble as well using Safari try downloading Firefox it will work on there.

June
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
I have no problem with my mac going on Airnewzealand and I have just had another look at 27th Dec 2 adults 1 child and it gave me £1716 + taxes etc £579 = £2245. The next time I am booking flights please can I use your computer it appears to be better than mine

By the way the flights I quoted are return flights going 22nd Dec to 2nd Feb and its always dearer going for Christmas we could have gone for £400 less otherwise but the family want us there for Christmas. Plus we prefer going Singapore Airlines only one stop. This is flying Manchester to Auckland. That's another thing its always dearer flying from Manchester even if you are only going to Spain and its dearer still from Scotland.

June
Now I was thinking I was going slightly barmey!!! So checked again and realised that you searched for 2 adults and 1 child which costs £2245 but I searched for 2 adults and 1 infant (his flight is only £75!!!) so the total is then £1809. However, still a good deal for 2 adults compared with what others have said previously in this thread. I think we might book sooner rather than later just in case it gets more expensive!
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:40 pm
Forum Regular

hosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud ofhosebergine has much to be proud of

try www.kayak.com which sometimes shows when the cheapest time to fly is
Old Jul 31st 2008, 11:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Now I was thinking I was going slightly barmey!!! So checked again and realised that you searched for 2 adults and 1 child which costs £2245 but I searched for 2 adults and 1 infant (his flight is only £75!!!) so the total is then £1809. However, still a good deal for 2 adults compared with what others have said previously in this thread. I think we might book sooner rather than later just in case it gets more expensive!
Am I going funny or am I on the wrong computer. I have just looked at the same thing 2 adults 1 infant leaving 27th Dec one way 1695 plus taxes etc £374 = £2069. I surrender.

June
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

weejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond reputeweejie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Hi Phyllis

I was having that trouble as well using Safari try downloading Firefox it will work on there.

June
Thanks June,will try that and let you know how I go

Phyllis
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

HAHAHAHA it worked but Singapore airlines want £13,972 for the same flights that cost £3712 with Air NZ. Plus Singapore was only starting form London and ending at Christchurch. Air NZ was starting at Glasgow and ending at Dunedin. Will now have to re-think stopover option as wanted to go to Singapore but may chose Hong Kong £3712,San Francisco £3055 or Honolulu £3192 now.

Phyllis
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:42 pm
Forum Regular

Barpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant future

Hey Weejie
Have you tried Emirates from Glasgow to Christchurch......you would skip Heathrow by flying direct to Dubai from Glasgow.....well worth it I thought when I flew from Glasgow last December.

just a thought

Barry
Old Aug 1st 2008, 1:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks Barry,will look into it.

Phyllis

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.