Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Booking 2009 flights for family

Booking 2009 flights for family

Old Jul 30th 2008, 6:06 am
Forum Regular

Barpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant future
Default Booking 2009 flights for family

Hi there
My family want to come out and visit me in NZ next March and I was wondering if it would be best to book the flights now or leave it to see if the oil price comes down and with it (maybe) flight prices.

My family won't have the money saved until October/November....but I was wondering whether I should maybe pay for the flights now in case the price was to rise between now and October.

Does anyone think flight prices will rise between now and October?

thanks for any opinions

Barry
Old Jul 30th 2008, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

welshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Booking 2009 flights for family

Barry,

Can thelp really, but we have booked our flights to Auckland for April 2009 via the Air Newzealand website, and the price was £1800 ish, which seemed quite good compared with the other places we checked.

John
Old Jul 30th 2008, 7:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

I booked in June for us to come for Christmas (6 weeks). The cost is £2839 it has now risen to £3001.Its dearer at Christmas) This is booking direct with Singapore Airlines. We came this year in February and we booked in July for £1812. If we had booked for the same time next year it would have been £2002 this has now risen to £2402. From what I have been told by Travel Agents Schedule flights go dearer the nearer it is to flying. I have found this to be true because I kept checking last year and all they did were go up not once did it come down. The cost of airport taxes last year was £344 This time when we booked the price it was £552 which included a fuel supplement that has that has now gone to £595.

I checked the prices with Air Newzealand & Emirates and they were similar but they have more than 1 stop.

So I think my advice would be to book as soon as you can.

June

p.s see it it would be cheaper booking at your end.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

Barpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant futureBarpolo has a brilliant future

Thanks.

I might hold off for a few weeks and see if the price comes down a bit. Vehicle petrol has came down a bit again today so hopefully aviation fuel might do the same.

I won't bank on it though.

I am going to try and get the family on Emirates flying Direct from Glasgow to Christchurch via Dubai (missing out Heathrow is a big bonus).

thx for the responses

Barry
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:24 pm
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all

just got tickets from heathrow to auckland 1200 for jan

thats a very good price I paid the same last year before the big fuel rises
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:26 pm
Forum Regular

welshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the roughwelshman213 is a jewel in the rough

Forgot to say my £1800 was for 2 people.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:28 pm
Forum Regular

eddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to alleddie_nz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by welshman213
each ? together? one way?
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:30 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eddie_nz
each ? together? one way?
Thats return for 2 people, was an extra £0.50p/each if we wanted wanted to go straight to Welly.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:35 pm
Forum Regular

Thats return for 2 people, was an extra £0.50p/each if we wanted wanted to go straight to Welly.

900 quid each is very good
Old Jul 31st 2008, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by eddie_nz
900 quid each is very good
Still need to book Car and accomodation now.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 5:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Margaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond reputeMargaret Parkinson has a reputation beyond repute

Correct me if I am wrong but I checked Air Zealand & the price was very similar to Singapore Airlines. I have just had another look and its now £1919 for 2 people plus £618.40 for taxes, levies & surcharges = £2537.40 Did the £1800 include this, if does when did you book because I have been checking each airline since May and did not find anything so cheap. If it did then I have been well and truly robbed.

June
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson
Correct me if I am wrong but I checked Air Zealand & the price was very similar to Singapore Airlines. I have just had another look and its now £1919 for 2 people plus £618.40 for taxes, levies & surcharges = £2537.40 Did the £1800 include this, if does when did you book because I have been checking each airline since May and did not find anything so cheap. If it did then I have been well and truly robbed.

June
Just checked and all in was £931 each. We booked it in the second week in July

Last edited by welshman213; Jul 31st 2008 at 6:38 pm.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:37 pm
Forum Regular

Just checked again, looks like the offer they were doing has expired.
They did have a few deals on the offers section and we booked through there.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:42 pm
Forum Regular

Flan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really niceFlan is just really nice

Margaret -

Just looked for flights for December to Auckland on Air New Zealand - the total cost is £1809 for 2 adults and 1 infant including all taxes and surcharges. Slightly more expensive for January - but only about £50 extra per adult. Not sure why you were quoted so much?! Maybe you should double check
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Flan
Margaret -

Just looked for flights for December to Auckland on Air New Zealand - the total cost is £1809 for 2 adults and 1 infant including all taxes and surcharges. Slightly more expensive for January - but only about £50 extra per adult. Not sure why you were quoted so much?! Maybe you should double check
I thought we had a good price!

When in Bucks you fo Flan, although Welsh, we are in Milton Keynes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.