British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Booked our flights (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/booked-our-flights-770958/)

Margaret Parkinson Sep 8th 2012 7:03 pm

Booked our flights

Well we have booked our flights to visit our family again. If any of you read of our experience when we flew last time you will understand why we have chosen to fly business class even though it really is our of our price bracket. My husband is now 78 and I am 75 and maybe this will be the last time we can go. Its which goes first, bad health or running out of money.:thumbdown:

We are also finding it difficult getting insurance due to the fact Alan has Angina. We opened a Privilege Account with the Co-op which includes World Wide Travel Insurance for £9.50 per month but there are also other benefits and this covers us for 12 month. The only down side was we had to pay a further £252 to cover Alan's Medical Condition. But hey ho its only money. We will be there for Christmas & New Year which will be nice because our Grandson Ryan is 21 on New Years Eve.:D

MrsFychan Sep 8th 2012 8:22 pm

Re: Booked our flights

something to look forward to. :thumbsup:

MnB Sep 8th 2012 8:54 pm

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson (Post 10270628)
Well we have booked our flights to visit our family again. If any of you read of our experience when we flew last time you will understand why we have chosen to fly business class even though it really is our of our price bracket. My husband is now 78 and I am 75 and maybe this will be the last time we can go. Its which goes first, bad health or running out of money.:thumbdown:

We are also finding it difficult getting insurance due to the fact Alan has Angina. We opened a Privilege Account with the Co-op which includes World Wide Travel Insurance for £9.50 per month but there are also other benefits and this covers us for 12 month. The only down side was we had to pay a further £252 to cover Alan's Medical Condition. But hey ho its only money. We will be there for Christmas & New Year which will be nice because our Grandson Ryan is 21 on New Years Eve.:D

Brilliant!, it'll be an amazing 21st for Ryan and a memorable trip for you. I'll be thinking of you celebrating Christmas and New Year on the beach while we're tucked up in front of the fire!!!
B x

Margaret Parkinson Sep 8th 2012 10:10 pm

We have been there before for Christmas and it is very strange having turkey with all the trimmings in the sunshine.:)

ragdolls2 Sep 9th 2012 6:44 am

Wishing you a fantastic trip:thumbsup:

Margaret Parkinson Sep 9th 2012 10:52 am

My were we lucky. Someone had told us to look on Emirates Special Deals which I did. Booked last week and could not resist looking again today and our flights have gone up be £725 each. Booked it with my usual Travel Agent and she said she could hold the seats until the following day but it could suddenly go up again. My word she was right.

My Travel Agent is wonderful. She was at school with my daughter and left at 16, is now 47 and has been in the travel industry ever since so what she does not know is not worth knowing. When we are thinking of going on holiday I look on line for the prices give her a ring and she will match it to the best of her ability. She will call round for the money, drop of tickets, arrange wheelchair assistance etc. When we go on a cruise there is a gift for us in the cabin and a welcome home card on our return. She works for a Company called Travel Counsellors have agents all over the country and are fully bonded.:thumbsup:

Margaret Parkinson Sep 10th 2012 11:01 pm

Had a look on Youtube at Emirates Business Class I think I will spend my holiday on there its looks fab.:thumbsup:

Persephone Sep 11th 2012 2:03 am

Enjoy your visit and your flight in business class. I've yet to sit in front of the curtain!:thumbsup:

Ex Aucklander Sep 11th 2012 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Margaret Parkinson (Post 10274062)
Had a look on Youtube at Emirates Business Class I think I will spend my holiday on there its looks fab.:thumbsup:

I can vouch for business class on Emirates, they are my favourite airline. You will be treated like VIP's. Are you getting the limousine pick up they usually provide with Business class. You can also go online & add your profile. I also request seafood & last time had lobster for dinner.

Margaret Parkinson Sep 11th 2012 11:58 am

Yes we are getting picked up by a limo. Pity we cant have it at the other end our daughter lives over 3 hours away. What do you mean add my profile? I can't see anything there for that.