British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   BOOKED FLIGHT! IM COMING SOOON - How to move from WHV to permanente visa (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/booked-flight-im-coming-sooon-how-move-whv-permanente-visa-775977/)

karlquayle Oct 28th 2012 4:25 pm

BOOKED FLIGHT! IM COMING SOOON - How to move from WHV to permanente visa

hello, just booked my flight .. arrive in august 2013

whoop
just need working holiday visa now and to find a sponsor job !!

then life begins

a Yorkshire man

julesnye Oct 28th 2012 9:45 pm

Re: BOOKED FLIGHT !! IM COMING SOOOOON

Originally Posted by karlquayle (Post 10354137)
hello, just booked my flight .. arrive in august 2013

whoop
just need working holiday visa now and to find a sponsor job !!

then life begins

a Yorkshire man

What do you do for a living, maybe someone on here can help?

BEVS Oct 29th 2012 12:16 am

Originally Posted by julesnye (Post 10354491)
What do you do for a living, maybe someone on here can help?

See HERE

karlquayle Oct 30th 2012 7:25 am

hello, ive been on here before with details of what i do now.. so sorry for the breif description.

im a special needs assistant, and have been for 3 years now..
i have helped children with..

autism
cerebral palsy
proceprioception
and a few children who have more complex needs

when i get there ill be looking for a sponsor job but will also be looking for any adventure,animal,activity,guide,military skills,dance, jobs

karlquayle Oct 30th 2012 7:58 am

working holiday viza to peremanent viza ??

hello, I will be traveling to Auckland in august 2013 and will be applying for a working holiday viza..

what do i do then to get a permanent viza ??

i am willing to work as soon as i get to NZ and am willing to apply for a full time sponsor job..

are there any other ways to do this ..
(not on skilled migrant list) (not sure if i have the points..)

thanks

A yorkshire man :confused:

GoingIn2011 Oct 30th 2012 10:18 am

I'm an OT and on www.seek.co.nz. They have quite a few OT assistant jobs that pop up on a fairly regular basis along with more generic Health Professional assistant jobs. Might be worth registering on there to see the lie of the land?

karlquayle Oct 30th 2012 3:40 pm

THANKS... never thought of that !!

we have OT's in all the time ..

Brill !!

BEVS Oct 30th 2012 8:08 pm

I don't know what you mean by a 'sponsor job'. Employers don't 'sponsor' as such here.

If you are looking to work whilst on a WHV then you can pick up any sort of part-time work to help with funds.

If you are looking for a job with a view to remaining in NZ long term , then you will need to educate employers that it is a job offer first before you can apply for a temporary work permit. Also, the employer will need to prove there is no NZ resident or citizen that could take up that job . This is because your occupation is not in shortage here.

With regard to the other matter we have discussed.... your degree should be worth points but may need to be NZ assessed. However, if this hasn't been your actual occupation - and it would seem not - then you couldn't claim points for work exp as such. If you found a full time job in the occupation we have discussed privately, then you may be in with a good shot because you have quals to match this.