British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   bookdepository (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/bookdepository-718886/)

Genesis May 30th 2011 4:21 am

bookdepository

We all know books are big bucks in NZ. Apparently I am told this site is awesome and they are supposed to do free shipping to NZ. Must be worth a look eh?

www.bookdepository.co.uk

Loubielou May 30th 2011 4:26 am

Re: www.bookdepository.co.uk

They are fab...I get all my books from this site...love it when I go to a book shop and see how much I have saved!! :D

Woodpigeon May 30th 2011 4:33 am

Re: www.bookdepository.co.uk

Yep, we use it too :thumbsup:

Tend to buy a lot of books on special offer, and then when we've read them OH sells them on Trade Me - sometimes he gets more than he paid for them :rofl:

janeyk May 30th 2011 8:07 pm

Re: bookdepository

crikey Genesis This has been well publised on this site for at least 3 years lots of us have been ordering this way for ages. you can still get the free delivery on Amazon as well at the moment too! Dad thinks this is great he actually opened his wallet so quick to order OH birthday pressie I think the wallet nearly had a heart attck lol!:rofl::rofl:

BEVS May 30th 2011 11:18 pm

I dunno. It's always good to draw new attention to something cost effective like the BookDepository. There will be those out there for whom this is new. New arrivals just discovering the cost of books here for instance.

shelloid May 31st 2011 8:49 am

we found the book depository through BE - thanks!!

It really is a good site & I've used it to send gifts to friends all round the globe. Generally delivery has been within 2 weeks, and the price really is reasonable....especially compared to stupid price of books here in NZ!

Also looking forward to the annual DCM book fair: http://www.dcm.org.nz/ (may be of some use to other Wellingtonians)

lisamct May 31st 2011 9:32 am

I order a lot of books through both Bookdepository and Amazon. Just be aware that the actual price of books from Bookdepository can sometimes be a bit higher than Amazon e.g I recently ordered 7 books;
Amazon price with free delivery = £32
Bookdeposiry price with free delivery £51

Definitely worth comparing the 2 before you buy.

pricklykina May 31st 2011 11:37 am

I check amazon and BD plus fishpond because sometimes fishpond is almost as good and it keeps the money local

Wessa Jun 1st 2011 12:44 am

Originally Posted by lisamct (Post 9399420)
I order a lot of books through both Bookdepository and Amazon. Just be aware that the actual price of books from Bookdepository can sometimes be a bit higher than Amazon e.g I recently ordered 7 books;
Amazon price with free delivery = £32
Bookdeposiry price with free delivery £51

Definitely worth comparing the 2 before you buy.

Good tip.. :thumbup:

RobClubley Jun 1st 2011 1:53 am

One thing to watch with book depository is that they're not fussy about whether they send UK or US versions.
So you might get different covers or dodgy American spelling.

My mate bought a sign language book and they sent the US version which is completely different to NZ/UK sign :D

UKNZAUS Jun 2nd 2011 4:50 am

Originally Posted by Genesis (Post 9396597)
We all know books are big bucks in NZ. Apparently I am told this site is awesome and they are supposed to do free shipping to NZ. Must be worth a look eh?

www.bookdepository.co.uk

I buy my Uni books from there and have done for the past 3 years. The longest I have waited for a book to be delivered from ordering is 8 DAYS! Now THAT'S service :thumbsup: