Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Book Recommendations

Book Recommendations

Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:35 am
Just Joined

emmsixteen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Book Recommendations

I'm looking for the best book that deals with the subject of migration from the UK to New Zealand. I've had a look on Amazon but there are too many to choose from.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
Old Nov 16th 2007, 10:41 am
NZ ways is best ways :0)

Wiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond reputeWiz'n'Ton has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Book Recommendations

From personal experience, I'll say forget the books as the info in them is only as good as the date they were printed.

Stick to this site and you won't go far wrong.

We did.

Make up your own mind if we have gone wrong or not

Seriously, a more switched on and clued up bunch I have yet to discover elsewhere. Ask, and ye shall receive.

Good luck!
Old Nov 16th 2007, 6:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

garryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of lightgarryhg is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by emmsixteen
I'm looking for the best book that deals with the subject of migration from the UK to New Zealand. I've had a look on Amazon but there are too many to choose from.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
depends on where you are going to live in nz,we used books to help us with school information....decile ratings etc,we are in auckland and most people we speak to hear have used the same book and have found it usefull...

but don't know if they have equivelent books for other areas.....having said that anything you want to know you can ask on here.....

you will get first hand experienced answers,which are probably better than any books.....gl....

what area you thinking about heading to.....jacky
Old Nov 17th 2007, 8:19 am
TeamEmbo

TeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond reputeTeamEmbo has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
We used Live & Work in Australia and New Zealand (revised & updated edition) recommended by The Emigration Group, by Vacation Work Publications. ISBN 1-85458-330-1, UK price 12.95 from Waterstones, WHSmiths, Amazon, etc. Authors Deborah Penrith and Susan Kelly.

Excellent source of general information covering all aspects of emigrating here. Used alongside the NZ Immigration site (updated regularly with any changes to criteria, paperwork, fees, etc) this should provide plenty of background information, plus of course you've always got us lot on here for any specific questions!

Also bought the Lonely Planet Guide for NZ which was really useful too.

Hope this helps
Old Nov 17th 2007, 10:34 am
Maz

Maz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond reputeMaz has a reputation beyond repute

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
Meh... Just ask your questions here and forget about spending money on books. I've never spent a single penny or cent on books, and heve also never paid a single penny or cent to a professional person for advice on moving to New Zealand.

Please just ask here for the advice you need. It's qute unlikely that you would need to spend money on a solicitor for information. Just be precise on this site and you'll most likely get results. It's relatively easy to move to NZ (governing circumstances/age blah blah blah) so go for it!
Old Nov 18th 2007, 10:00 am
kamburu pat

kamburu pat will become famous soon enoughkamburu pat will become famous soon enough

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks.
Emm,
go to WH Smith and look for a magazine, "Australia and New Zealand" there is a new one out now, it costs £3.75 and every issue tells you what you need to know about emigration to either country, there is also a website. There are more articles on OZ than NZ but I buy it now and again. Try the website which seems to be www.homesworldwide.co.uk for some reason.
Of course there is always the NZ government site, not sure of it`s site info.
Pat.