Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Book a one way ticket to NZ or a return?

Book a one way ticket to NZ or a return?

Old Feb 23rd 2006, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Vickbuster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Book a one way ticket to NZ or a return?

Hi,

Am after some advice please- If we booked return flights when we come to NZ later this year in November we could at least return to the UK for a holiday within a year, but if we decided not to use this option, do you know what people do with the return ticket - sell it on to someone? Can you do this?

Any thoughts.......?

Vicki.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:22 pm
Give us a kiss

Biddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond reputeBiddy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Book a one way ticket to NZ or a return?

Originally Posted by Vickbuster
Hi,

Am after some advice please- If we booked return flights when we come to NZ later this year in November we could at least return to the UK for a holiday within a year, but if we decided not to use this option, do you know what people do with the return ticket - sell it on to someone? Can you do this?

Any thoughts.......?

Vicki.
Seems to be a flaw in this plan.
A) You'd still be in UK needing to get to NZ so you'd have to buy a single ticket. So just do that anyway and but a return from NZ if you want to go on holiday.
B) Why would you want to take a hoiliday to the UK within a year!!!
C) Go on holiday to Fiji instead.
Old Feb 23rd 2006, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

Dave in Auckland will become famous soon enough

AIUI you can't on-sell the ticket. My advice, either get an open-ended return, in case NZ isn't for you, or get a single. Make sure your Docs are in order if you have a single, or they won't let you in. I emigrated with a single, all the necessary papers & still got the 3rd degree from Immigration.

D
Old Feb 26th 2006, 9:37 pm
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by Biddy
B) Why would you want to take a hoiliday to the UK within a year!!!
I went to the UK for january and even though I was working I had more fun in that month than i have had since i got to nz last august

Old Feb 27th 2006, 12:23 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by turkeytickler
I went to the UK for january and even though I was working I had more fun in that month than i have had since i got to nz last august
What did you get up to in the UK?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 1:41 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
What did you get up to in the UK?
work, pub with friends, dinner on expenses lol - admittedly not a very fair comparison but fun nevertheless!

Old Feb 27th 2006, 5:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Nice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond reputeNice Guy has a reputation beyond repute

I bet it was cold over there......whereabout in the UK?
Old Feb 27th 2006, 7:15 am
turkeytickler

Originally Posted by Nice Guy
I bet it was cold over there......whereabout in the UK?
a combination of preston, nottingham, norwich and london.... it wasnt that cold, quite a mild and very dry winter this year..... i didnt see any snow...

Old Feb 27th 2006, 8:07 am
BE Forum Addict

Blimey, got around a bit then.

My relatives have told me the same, very dry but very cold.

Some sleet/snow in Surrey……..but I see there is a water shortage looming for the South East and standpipes may soon be the norm.