Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Booing at the paralymics

Booing at the paralymics

Old Sep 4th 2012, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute
Default Booing at the paralymics

Fantastic, a well deserved reception

Old Sep 4th 2012, 6:42 pm
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Booing at the paralymics

Politicians shouldn't be getting involved in sport.
Having seen the interview with the bouncy South African, he'd be getting my boo for unsportsmanlike conduct.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 1:34 am
Account Closed

Tom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura aboutTom1983 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Politicians shouldn't be getting involved in sport.
Having seen the interview with the bouncy South African, he'd be getting my boo for unsportsmanlike conduct.
Whilst I agree with you on that, I don't think Britain would have performed as well in the olympics and paralympics had John Major not set up the lottery funding system
Old Sep 5th 2012, 6:39 am
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Booing at the paralymics

He got what he deserved and the Tories/Lib-Dem will get what they deserve at the next election. If poll numbers are accurate Lib-Dem may implode completely and surrender most seats to Labour.
Old Sep 5th 2012, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charismatic
Lib-Dem may implode completely and surrender most seats to Labour.
Then the poor buggers over there can look forward to another public schoolboy twit running the country.
I wonder if anyone would actually notice the difference if "New" Labour win the next election.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 5:46 am
Forum Regular

phyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud ofphyns has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Justcol
Then the poor buggers over there can look forward to another public schoolboy twit running the country.
I wonder if anyone would actually notice the difference if "New" Labour win the next election.

Yeah it's scary here. Never have I known a bigger bunch if muppets in politics (although some of the decisions in NZ poitics seems to take the cake).

Labour f**k it up, tories f**k it up a bit more.....we don't need another MP at the next election, we need superman
Old Sep 6th 2012, 8:22 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

They are all the same, I have stopped voting, what's the point, they are the same low life rip the public off merchants.
Old Sep 6th 2012, 8:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Pit Bull.
They are all the same, I have stopped voting, what's the point, they are the same low life rip the public off merchants.
You should never stop voting, if you look at some of the minor parties there will be
some that have policies you agree with and you should vote for them.
They may never gain power but the right to vote should never taken lightly and should always exercised.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 11:04 am
Banned

Pit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to allPit Bull. is a name known to all

You should never stop voting, if you look at some of the minor parties there will be
some that have policies you agree with and you should vote for them.
They may never gain power but the right to vote should never taken lightly and should always exercised.

I voted for UKIP the time before, but they aren't taking off as a party, it's a shame I like Nigel Farage.
Old Sep 7th 2012, 10:20 pm
Truth is the safest lie.

Charismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond reputeCharismatic has a reputation beyond repute

Their voting system is broken, for example in the last election left wing parties won 54% of the vote but only got 48% of the seats.
Old Sep 9th 2012, 11:54 am
Forum Regular

BlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to allBlackCrossInResidence is a name known to all

Indeed, seems that in the UK it's mandatory to have attended a public school to get anywhere in politics.

I felt totally disenfranchised as a voter in the UK but far less so here in NZ - perhaps, in part, due to the openness and honesty of the debates on NZ Radio talk programmes? Thank God I no longer have to listen to the overtly biased BBC.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Remember when Labour were supposed to be the working mans party....eeeee them were the days.
Old Sep 11th 2012, 2:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Woodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond reputeWoodlea has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlackCrossInResidence
Indeed, seems that in the UK it's mandatory to have attended a public school to get anywhere in politics.

I felt totally disenfranchised as a voter in the UK but far less so here in NZ - perhaps, in part, due to the openness and honesty of the debates on NZ Radio talk programmes? Thank God I no longer have to listen to the overtly biased BBC.
Try the equivalent - the covertly left leaning Radio NZ National (ironic that last bit!)