British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Booing at the paralymics (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/booing-paralymics-770519/)

Justcol Sep 4th 2012 10:31 am

Booing at the paralymics

Fantastic, a well deserved reception

hazeandsteve Sep 4th 2012 6:42 pm

Re: Booing at the paralymics

Politicians shouldn't be getting involved in sport.
Having seen the interview with the bouncy South African, he'd be getting my boo for unsportsmanlike conduct.:thumbdown:

Tom1983 Sep 5th 2012 1:34 am

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve (Post 10263840)
Politicians shouldn't be getting involved in sport.
Having seen the interview with the bouncy South African, he'd be getting my boo for unsportsmanlike conduct.:thumbdown:

Whilst I agree with you on that, I don't think Britain would have performed as well in the olympics and paralympics had John Major not set up the lottery funding system

Charismatic Sep 5th 2012 6:39 am

He got what he deserved and the Tories/Lib-Dem will get what they deserve at the next election. If poll numbers are accurate Lib-Dem may implode completely and surrender most seats to Labour.

Justcol Sep 5th 2012 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Charismatic (Post 10264612)
Lib-Dem may implode completely and surrender most seats to Labour.

Then the poor buggers over there can look forward to another public schoolboy twit running the country.
I wonder if anyone would actually notice the difference if "New" Labour win the next election.

phyns Sep 6th 2012 5:46 am

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 10264745)
Then the poor buggers over there can look forward to another public schoolboy twit running the country.
I wonder if anyone would actually notice the difference if "New" Labour win the next election.

Yeah it's scary here. Never have I known a bigger bunch if muppets in politics (although some of the decisions in NZ poitics seems to take the cake).

Labour f**k it up, tories f**k it up a bit more.....we don't need another MP at the next election, we need superman:)

Pit Bull. Sep 6th 2012 8:22 am

They are all the same, I have stopped voting, what's the point, they are the same low life rip the public off merchants.

Justcol Sep 6th 2012 8:26 am

Originally Posted by Pit Bull. (Post 10266604)
They are all the same, I have stopped voting, what's the point, they are the same low life rip the public off merchants.

You should never stop voting, if you look at some of the minor parties there will be
some that have policies you agree with and you should vote for them.
They may never gain power but the right to vote should never taken lightly and should always exercised.

Pit Bull. Sep 7th 2012 11:04 am

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 10266610)
You should never stop voting, if you look at some of the minor parties there will be
some that have policies you agree with and you should vote for them.
They may never gain power but the right to vote should never taken lightly and should always exercised.

I voted for UKIP the time before, but they aren't taking off as a party, it's a shame I like Nigel Farage.

Charismatic Sep 7th 2012 10:20 pm

Their voting system is broken, for example in the last election left wing parties won 54% of the vote but only got 48% of the seats.

BlackCrossInResidence Sep 9th 2012 11:54 am

Originally Posted by Justcol (Post 10264745)

Indeed, seems that in the UK it's mandatory to have attended a public school to get anywhere in politics.

I felt totally disenfranchised as a voter in the UK but far less so here in NZ - perhaps, in part, due to the openness and honesty of the debates on NZ Radio talk programmes? Thank God I no longer have to listen to the overtly biased BBC.

Justcol Sep 11th 2012 2:30 am

Remember when Labour were supposed to be the working mans party....eeeee them were the days.

Woodlea Sep 11th 2012 2:59 am

Originally Posted by BlackCrossInResidence (Post 10271447)
Indeed, seems that in the UK it's mandatory to have attended a public school to get anywhere in politics.

I felt totally disenfranchised as a voter in the UK but far less so here in NZ - perhaps, in part, due to the openness and honesty of the debates on NZ Radio talk programmes? Thank God I no longer have to listen to the overtly biased BBC.

Try the equivalent - the covertly left leaning Radio NZ National (ironic that last bit!)