Boo hoo

Old May 11th 2010, 7:46 am
Life is what YOU make it.

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Boo hoo

Had a TDM850 but it was too heavy to get upright when I put it down on the snow and ice so I swapped for a ER5 for daily commute. The Blackbird is too much for NZ I use it for touring mainly. I still fancy the Triumph Street Triple on NZ roads....
Old May 11th 2010, 7:49 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Had a TDM850 but it was too heavy to get upright when I put it down on the snow and ice so I swapped for a ER5 for daily commute. The Blackbird is too much for NZ I use it for touring mainly. I still fancy the Triumph Street Triple on NZ roads....
When are you coming back to NZ out of interest?
Old May 11th 2010, 7:53 am

Stormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond reputeStormer999 has a reputation beyond repute

Aug 2011 all plans falling into place...
Old May 11th 2010, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

cleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to allcleverchap is a name known to all

Originally Posted by colandros
I see lots of 1000+ sports bikes out for rides at the weekends and they are all doing around 110kmh which makes a mockery of owning one.
I see this all to often, thats why I was thinking 400-600cc max. A trailie would be great as you can back them into corners and let it hang out and scare those that dare to follow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeUK6aOEJKo

Old May 11th 2010, 9:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Jan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond reputeJan n Neil has a reputation beyond repute

I would say the most suited bike to the roads here would be the BMW GS it,s just a shame they cost a fortune
Old May 11th 2010, 9:59 am
HAPPY AS...

hazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond reputehazeandsteve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by colandros
I see lots of 1000+ sports bikes out for rides at the weekends and they are all doing around 110kmh
which makes a mockery of owning one.
A. Get off the main highways.
B. Trackdays are plentiful.
C. You'll end up in a previously discussed row if you start to mention radar detectors.
D. I'll get me coat.....somebody's gonna start moaning about speed, bikers, ACC,social responsibility, wanton recklessness etc....
Old May 11th 2010, 10:43 am

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
C. You'll end up in a previously discussed row if you start to mention radar detectors.
D. I'll get me coat.....somebody's gonna start moaning about speed, bikers, ACC,social responsibility, wanton recklessness etc....
Old May 11th 2010, 11:14 am
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Stormer999
Aug 2011 all plans falling into place...
Is that to stay?
Old May 11th 2010, 11:57 am

Originally Posted by BEVS
Is that to stay?
Absolutely Bevs I think we have done our penance now. We are both outdoor type people who will be leaving very few rellies in the UK. OH loves gardening and craves a longer growing season. Wifey is younger than me and will be our ticket in she is a Clinical Scientist who also is in the process of adding a Quality Management badge to her collection as we realise the NZ employers like diversity of skills. We found the SI a little bit too empty for us initially but will settle according to OH employment. My line was Engineering, Works Engineering management and I am the type of person who can turn his hand to any skill or task. The NZ mentality is the attraction even though a lot won't agree, I am fed up with the mindset in this country and the way of going around...i.e. seeming to be doing but really leaving everything to someone else and just wanting the credit! (Bit like our Government...or lack of at the mo). The house will be sold March/April 2011 and then final preps started. Pensions are the first step...sorting and transferring.
Ideal plan would be buy land and have house built...with garage big enough for 2x Motorcycles....1 boat for fishing....2x kyaks and a big garden Truth is just peace and quite will do and a mountain to climb that hasn't been paved to stop erosion from thousands of pairs of feet doing the same........
Old May 13th 2010, 1:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Justcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond reputeJustcol has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hazeandsteve
Thats what the rgv/tzr is for once thats sorted i'll be after a small
managable trail bike, Honda xr or suzuki dr type thing, then maybe another cruiser
as i'm giving the current one to the wife once i've tinkered with it.
I'm going to be a good boy from now on.

Did i mention a got another speeding ticket last saturday, a camera van nabbed me

Last edited by Justcol; May 13th 2010 at 1:59 am.