Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

Bogged under ... So much to organise!

Bogged under ... So much to organise!

Old Aug 21st 2006, 8:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Bogged under ... So much to organise!

Originally Posted by daviesl
cheers - roughly what price are we looking at for 1/2 a container??
actually I am not sure we had half a container, I cant remember how much we had now, I think we had about 130 cubic feet, which isnt much really , we booked 100 cubic feet to start with and were over on the day they came so had to pay a wee bit more

the 100 cubic feet was about 750 pounds plus the extra was 85 ish

we didnt bring much furniture in fact only 2 bits which my husband had made the rest was just books, cds, photo albums and personal stuff really

Dawn
Old Aug 21st 2006, 8:51 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by karonious
Danny F - take a long chug of you beer and chill (wish I could take my own advice!). Remember, we choose to do this, no one made us do it. We are all looking to give our kids a different life and make a difference to our own lives as well. I can't think past saying goodbye to my sons, we seem to have gone about ot all arse for elbow, but in my lucid moments, I think it will all come together at some point in the near future, and at that point it will all have been worth it. If I could send you karma I would, but I am a lowly peasant with postings of pea proportions to your Cheops Pyramid, so I can't!
Sorry, I could see it was Donna - still stands true though,
Karen
Old Aug 21st 2006, 8:55 pm

Am Loolah is an unknown quantity at this point

Karen
How come we appear to have soooo much stuff? Dur, put the 4 kids & 2 dobermans in the container with hubby!! Only joking?! (I wish!)

We read the thread to take as much as poss and so went from 2 cardigans and a spare set of fairy wings to absolutely bloody everything! Would draw the line at tractor tho, unless belongs to Bob The Builder set for my boy?!

Caroline
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

spackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud ofspackster has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Am Loolah
How come we appear to have soooo much stuff? Dur, put the 4 kids & 2 dobermans in the container with hubby!! Only joking?! (I wish!)

We read the thread to take as much as poss and so went from 2 cardigans and a spare set of fairy wings to absolutely bloody everything! Would draw the line at tractor tho, unless belongs to Bob The Builder set for my boy?!

Caroline

Tractor is being evicted when we move so no option as hubby cant be parted, sentimental value! It's not that big though.

Jac
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

kwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of lightkwprwn is a glorious beacon of light

Caroline
time to be ruthless
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Karen

Hi Karen,
advice taken, beer chugged, feeling calmer (and karma - thanks for the thought). I should also follow your lead and get my own name / profile to make life easier! When do you finish work and has Steve finished now?

Donna
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:43 pm
conquering the world!

karonious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond reputekaronious has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by danny.f
Hi Karen,
advice taken, beer chugged, feeling calmer (and karma - thanks for the thought). I should also follow your lead and get my own name / profile to make life easier! When do you finish work and has Steve finished now?

Donna
Steve now finished, thought he would have a life of leisure - WRONG! He is the organised one and is working through a list that seems to have become the size of a roll of wallpaper. I am now on night shift and finish with 2 day shifts on 7th Sept. I had just about the worst shift ever on Saturday night - patient cutting up, escalation ect, adrenaline overload, me and 2 HCA's to cover ward. But I will still miss it.
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:49 pm

Steve now finished, thought he would have a life of leisure - WRONG! He is the organised one and is working through a list that seems to have become the size of a roll of wallpaper. I am now on night shift and finish with 2 day shifts on 7th Sept. I had just about the worst shift ever on Saturday night - patient cutting up, escalation ect, adrenaline overload, me and 2 HCA's to cover ward. But I will still miss it.
Exsqueeze me to hijack my own thread back - but two medical brains online is too good an opp to miss. Had medical back - bizarelly (surely some mistake) passed liver function and chest x-ray as like to think am professional in both drinking & smoking - my only hobbies.. What is the MCV blood test? Twas slightly over - too much Fairy Dust?
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

danny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond reputedanny.f has a reputation beyond repute

Exsqueeze me to hijack my own thread back - but two medical brains online is too good an opp to miss. Had medical back - bizarelly (surely some mistake) passed liver function and chest x-ray as like to think am professional in both drinking & smoking - my only hobbies.. What is the MCV blood test? Twas slightly over - too much Fairy Dust?

I'll check with OH when he gets in from the pub as his field is more in the blood taking line but I'm sure it is a test for aneamia (mean corpular volume) so wouldn't worry too much. I'll check with Danny and get back to you,
Donna

ps fancy hijacking your thread back.....
Old Aug 21st 2006, 9:58 pm
conquering the world!

Unfortunately, I am a nut nurse (mental health), all I can do is ask you how you feel about that! I work in a forensic unit - for those without a nursing background, it is for patients with mental health problems who have been in contact with the criminal justice system (that probably sounded very patronising but wasn't meant to be). A friend of mine thought we had bodies in beds awaiting autopsies and couldn't understand why we have to be taught Control and Restraint!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:03 pm
conquering the world!

Unfortunately, I am a nut nurse (mental health), all I can do is ask you how you feel about that! I work in a forensic unit - for those without a nursing background, it is for patients with mental health problems who have been in contact with the criminal justice system (that probably sounded very patronising but wasn't meant to be). A friend of mine thought we had bodies in beds awaiting autopsies and couldn't understand why we have to be taught Control and Restraint!
Just re-read your post _ SMOKER! Until late Dec I was a smoker and I have been stopped since then, to the degree I am now a Registered Smoking Advisor (don't smoke!) and in spite of the enormous stress of the whole emigrating shebang and work, I still haven't had a fag and don't miss it. Hope I get extra points in my new job! If at all wishing to stop, read Allen Carr's "easyway to stop smoking" Brilliant
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:08 pm

Just re-read your post _ SMOKER! Until late Dec I was a smoker and I have been stopped since then, to the degree I am now a Registered Smoking Advisor (don't smoke!) and in spite of the enormous stress of the whole emigrating shebang and work, I still haven't had a fag and don't miss it. Hope I get extra points in my new job! If at all wishing to stop, read Allen Carr's "easyway to stop smoking" Brilliant
I would except I sold my copy on e-bay!! Kept me in fags for a week!!

When went on hols to NZ I gave up for 4 days and then only smoked a maximum of 2 in any given day! Have told hubby we are both stoping the minute we board the plane next time - hate it, but ho hum, I'm here for a good time, not a long time!

Do did Danny get an evening pass for good husbandry behavious coz he took you to Rome? I got taken to Solihull - so much more cosmopolitan ... Albanians; Poles, Slovaks etc, etc!

Caroline
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:10 pm
conquering the world!

When went on hols to NZ I gave up for 4 days and then only smoked a maximum of 2 in any given day! Have told hubby we are both stoping the minute we board the plane next time - hate it, but ho hum, I'm here for a good time, not a long time!

Do did Danny get an evening pass for good husbandry behavious coz he took you to Rome? I got taken to Solihull - so much more cosmopolitan ... Albanians; Poles, Slovaks etc, etc!

Caroline

Dunno about Danny F, but Stevie B gaining points as we speak, Cooking I hasten to add!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Caroline

Danny got an evening pass bacause I've been on my own with him since Thursday night and a woman can only take so much....I need to catch up on the soaps anyway. Plus I've just bought an extremely expensive dress for my brothers wedding on Sunday and need some Brownie points to store up for when the bank statement arrives.
Donna

wish we'd known about Solihull before we booked Rome!
Old Aug 21st 2006, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

StevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud ofStevieB has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by danny.f
Danny got an evening pass bacause I've been on my own with him since Thursday night and a woman can only take so much....I need to catch up on the soaps anyway. Plus I've just bought an extremely expensive dress for my brothers wedding on Sunday and need some Brownie points to store up for when the bank statement arrives.
Donna

wish we'd known about Solihull before we booked Rome!
Hey Donna

How was Rome, did you miss the monsoon we had, or did it get there as well?

Am Loolah, I still smoke, I still drink, so I'm with you. Good time not necessarily long time! Anyway, what's the point in being able to say 'I'm 101 years old, but god I'm bored!'

BTW, cooking was a disaster, omlette now propping door open! (nil pointe). Also deep disgrace for the wafting duvet comment I made somewhere else!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.