BMI

Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:00 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future
Angry BMI

hi everyone

as expected my weight is an issue but due to a gr8 GP(not) its become a little worse. went to get a letter to say had no weight problem related illness and that i was exercising and losing weight. easy peasy really but GP decided to hedge his bets and also put that even tho i dont have metabolic syndrome i might get it. hence nz house have given me a defferal to get a condition i dont have under control. awaiting clrification as we speak but does any1 now wat is the highest BMI which would be acceptable as i am never ever going to be perfect.

cheers jim
ps i have lost 26 lbs in 7 weeks
Old Aug 1st 2008, 10:47 pm
By name and by nature

Batty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond reputeBatty has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BMI

I can't help I'm afraid but just wanted to say well done - that's almost 2 stone in old money
Old Aug 1st 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

jimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant futurejimanddebs has a brilliant future

thank you, im still going lol
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

chippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond reputechippy64 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Jm,

Well done on your weight loss - easier said than done.

On the medical forms it does say that BMI should be below 35. However, almost sure that I have seen threads on here where people have been told to reapply if it gets below 40???
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 1:16 pm
Forum Regular

cheers chippy

im just a weird shaped and built man, same size and weight as the all black front row but need to lose weight for PR. i knew all that rugby when i was a soldier would come back and haunt me. anyone else got any info.

cheers jim
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:49 pm
Chocoholic

Yummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimanddebs
hi everyone

as expected my weight is an issue but due to a gr8 GP(not) its become a little worse. went to get a letter to say had no weight problem related illness and that i was exercising and losing weight. easy peasy really but GP decided to hedge his bets and also put that even tho i dont have metabolic syndrome i might get it. hence nz house have given me a defferal to get a condition i dont have under control. awaiting clrification as we speak but does any1 now wat is the highest BMI which would be acceptable as i am never ever going to be perfect.

cheers jim
ps i have lost 26 lbs in 7 weeks
Hey Jim,

Well done on your weight loss

Personally i dont think that BMI is a great way to calculate how overweight or overfat a person is!!!

I am a personal trainer and have worked with many different people. Many body builders have very high BMI results although they are very healthy people with body fat percentages of less than 10%. (they are NOT fat!)

If you have a large muscle mass then your BMI is automatically gonna be higher than the average "joe". I am unsure why the GP would say that you are at risk of developing metabolic syndrome unless you have a high body fat % and have other health problems or thyroid trouble.

Best thing to do is alot of brisk walking and you will be fit as a fiddle in no time!

Good Luck with your PR.

Last edited by Yummy_Mummy; Aug 2nd 2008 at 10:51 pm. Reason: bad spelling! :(
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

thank you very much for your kind words.
im bulit like a square block, dont really have much of a shape. i have a 50 inch chest broad shoulders, 18 inch neck, thighs are 30 inch around and it is turning into a pain. like i said earlier wish i had stopped playing rugby earlier and made more of an effort on the love handles, i run 3 miles at least every other day and am losing weight so will keep it up.
thanks for help and support.

jim
Old Aug 2nd 2008, 11:37 pm
Chocoholic

Yummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to allYummy_Mummy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by jimanddebs
thank you very much for your kind words.
im bulit like a square block, dont really have much of a shape. i have a 50 inch chest broad shoulders, 18 inch neck, thighs are 30 inch around and it is turning into a pain. like i said earlier wish i had stopped playing rugby earlier and made more of an effort on the love handles, i run 3 miles at least every other day and am losing weight so will keep it up.
thanks for help and support.

jim
A square block eh??

In my eyes a square block is for carving into the thing u want it to be

So keep plugging on.... Remember anything can be resculpted....

We all wish u all the best