Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > New Zealand
Reload this Page >

BLUE STICKERS.......WOW

BLUE STICKERS.......WOW

Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:44 am
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice
Default BLUE STICKERS.......WOW

Ok just had to share I know we have had the ok for the past 6 months but theres nothing to describe opening the white envelope with your passports in, and to take your first look at the famous 'blue stickers' wow I want to go right now!

I have read so many threads over the past year or so with others in the same position and would like to say thank you to all of you who have offered advice, support and positive encouragement.

For those who are either starting out or going through the process, keep strong & positive, you will get there in the end.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 12:11 pm
Scorchy legs

Dewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond reputeDewb09 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BLUE STICKERS.......WOW

Originally Posted by Mudplug View Post
Ok just had to share I know we have had the ok for the past 6 months but theres nothing to describe opening the white envelope with your passports in, and to take your first look at the famous 'blue stickers' wow I want to go right now!

I have read so many threads over the past year or so with others in the same position and would like to say thank you to all of you who have offered advice, support and positive encouragement.

For those who are either starting out or going through the process, keep strong & positive, you will get there in the end.
congratulations its great to finally see them in your passport, how many times you looked at them so far then

Dewb
Old Jun 18th 2010, 2:53 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Those little blue stickers do come with a burst of happiness don't they?! Congrats & enjoy the feeling!!
B x
Old Jun 18th 2010, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Mudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really niceMudplug is just really nice

Originally Posted by Dewb09 View Post
congratulations its great to finally see them in your passport, how many times you looked at them so far then

Dewb
Hi Dewb

Well to count, hmm double figures and counting! must admit I sent pictures to my older two children as I couldnt phone them as they were in school.
Wasnt expecting them for another week.

Emma
Old Jun 18th 2010, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Congrats from us too...

Our turn sooooooooooon

Ian.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MnB View Post
Those little blue stickers do come with a burst of happiness don't they?! Congrats & enjoy the feeling!!
B x
Hi B,

Burst oh yes! I was going to wait until my hubby came home but just couldnt wait that long.

So hows NZ life been treating you, how long have you been there now?

Emma
Old Jun 18th 2010, 4:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Celticknight View Post
Congrats from us too...

Our turn sooooooooooon

Ian.
Thanks Celticknight,

Where are you along the line?

Wish you all the best of luck you will soon be in our position and we will be congratulating you

Emma
Old Jun 18th 2010, 4:06 pm
Forum Regular

Lee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud ofLee Lee has much to be proud of

Congratulations and from someone who is just starting out, thanks for the advice.... sometimes its very hard to stay positive
Old Jun 18th 2010, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Lee Lee View Post
Congratulations and from someone who is just starting out, thanks for the advice.... sometimes its very hard to stay positive
Thanks Lee Lee

Know how that feels, the finishing post always feels so far away, we were very lucky with the whole process and apart from providing extra information here and there the process was ok, but long with a lot of waiting, nail biting and more waiting.

Altho if you have any questions about anything ask away here, everyone has been so supportive and on several occasions when my nerves couldnt take it anymore and we began to dout why we had started the whole process, we have received some great advice & support.

Emma
Old Jun 18th 2010, 4:32 pm
MnB

MnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond reputeMnB has a reputation beyond repute

Hi B,

Burst oh yes! I was going to wait until my hubby came home but just couldnt wait that long.

So hows NZ life been treating you, how long have you been there now?

Emma
Hi Emma....been back in UK 4 wks now....homesickness got the better of me Nothing wrong with NZ, just not the right time for me, couldn't handle the 'this is now home' bit. Loving being back and have some wonderful memories to keep us going till our next visit to NZ ....hopefully end of Jan next yr

Good wishes for your move, keep us updated
B x
Old Jun 18th 2010, 7:44 pm
Forum Regular

Celticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud ofCelticknight has much to be proud of

Thanks Celticknight,

Where are you along the line?

Wish you all the best of luck you will soon be in our position and we will be congratulating you

Emma
Hi Emma,

Just need to pay the required £240 and send in passports before August to get "Blue Stickers" too.

Trying to finish off DIY/ Decorating / Tidying up me Cr*p so can put house on market, then PANIC

Looking forward to adding our off Date to the Month Thread

Ian.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 9:02 pm
MnB

Originally Posted by Celticknight View Post
Hi Emma,

Just need to pay the required £240 and send in passports before August to get "Blue Stickers" too.

Trying to finish off DIY/ Decorating / Tidying up me Cr*p so can put house on market, then PANIC

Looking forward to adding our off Date to the Month Thread

Ian.
Hey Ian .....just wanted to say a big 'Good on you!!!' for sticking with it, remember your earlier posts with all the worries / hoops you were faced with, so glad you've held on to that dream and the realisation is in sight for you!!

B x
Old Jun 18th 2010, 10:17 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by MnB View Post
Hey Ian .....just wanted to say a big 'Good on you!!!' for sticking with it, remember your earlier posts with all the worries / hoops you were faced with, so glad you've held on to that dream and the realisation is in sight for you!!

B x
Hi B,

Thanks for the kind words. Yep, all Hooped out now. been a Long and Expensive experience.

That final Hurdle will soon be jumped over when house is sold, get Blue Stickers and the One Way Tickets. then decide where to end up, find a Job... Feel a Headache coming on... Nurse, more Tablets Please.

So, for some words of Wisdom, for others who have their own Hurdles and Hoops, Stick with it..... we did

Ian.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 11:46 pm
Finally mesh free!

Vitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond reputeVitalstatistix has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Aren't they beautiful
Old Jun 19th 2010, 4:39 am
BE Forum Addict

RobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond reputeRobDon has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations from us too!