British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   New Zealand (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/)
-   -   Blue Stickers (https://britishexpats.com/forum/new-zealand-83/blue-stickers-738889/)

johneastriggs Nov 14th 2011 3:43 pm

Blue Stickers

Hi everyone,just wondered how long you all waited on your PR Blue Stickers being stuck in your passport.I have been approved for PR for 2 weeks now from London and we are still waiting.My CO said I was in the queue for processing 2 weeks ago.We are hoping to fly in 2 weeks and shippers are coming on Monday!I read somewhere the wait time is 1 - 2 weeks.I contacted my CO who advises they are a bit busy!!

I have a job to start asap in Blenheim and just wondered if anyone else is waiting for the London branch to apply the stickers?

Thanks again everyone
J

sirplug Nov 14th 2011 4:33 pm

Re: Blue Stickers

Originally Posted by johneastriggs (Post 9732074)
Hi everyone,just wondered how long you all waited on your PR Blue Stickers being stuck in your passport.I have been approved for PR for 2 weeks now from London and we are still waiting.My CO said I was in the queue for processing 2 weeks ago.We are hoping to fly in 2 weeks and shippers are coming on Monday!I read somewhere the wait time is 1 - 2 weeks.I contacted my CO who advises they are a bit busy!!

I have a job to start asap in Blenheim and just wondered if anyone else is waiting for the London branch to apply the stickers?

Thanks again everyone
J

Mine took 2 hours......had them done while I was in London, visiting family

BEVS Nov 14th 2011 8:09 pm

Rats ! I thought this was to say you were all systems go.

Suggest to the CO that you come up to collect your passports as your NZ employer is champing on the bit.

awsome Nov 14th 2011 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by johneastriggs (Post 9732074)

Thanks again everyone
J

Congrate on the blueys :thumbsup: We sent our passports last Tuesday (8th November) and received an email today from CO advising that there was a backlog at the moment and it will take about 15 working days to process. :(

johneastriggs Nov 15th 2011 8:21 am

Thanks for all the info everyone.

BEVS - my employer is a bit anxious so that might be a good idea.I will give it a couple of more days before I decide to make the journey from Scotland.

sirplug - that was quick - 2 days!!Lucky!

awesome - that sounds kind of like my scenario.I am now on day 15 so will keep you posted.When are you flying by the way??

awsome Nov 15th 2011 11:15 am

Originally Posted by johneastriggs (Post 9733549)
Thanks for all the info everyone.

BEVS - my employer is a bit anxious so that might be a good idea.I will give it a couple of more days before I decide to make the journey from Scotland.

sirplug - that was quick - 2 days!!Lucky!

awesome - that sounds kind of like my scenario.I am now on day 15 so will keep you posted.When are you flying by the way??

Spending our last Christmas (for a while) with family and friends. Finishing work on 16th January 2012 and shipping our worldly goods on 20th January. A few days visiting friends around the place, a trip to London to take in a show, then hopefully flying on 31st January, although we haven't booked our flights as yet. Things might change if I can secure a job offer before we leave but that is the rough plan as it stands. :D

johneastriggs Nov 15th 2011 12:19 pm

Sounds like a good plan awesome.Good luck with it all.
I have had a job offer with acompany in Blenheim since 1st September hence my concerns.EOI was selected 7th Sept.Was approved 1st November.Just awaiting my passports.I hope to fly end of this month.Shippers are coming on Monday to lift everything as I thought I would have the passports back by now but they need to see my visa to book the container.Dog is flying early December but Canterbury Quarantine want to see my visa and flight details.I can get double baggage with Singapore on a one way ticket as long as we have PR but they also want to see my visa.
Will keep you posted.

shades Nov 15th 2011 12:33 pm

We took our passports in last Friday & they told my other half that it would take 20 working days, hopefully they can do it quicker as I would like to be in NZ by the New Year.
What do they have to do anyway that takes 20 working days??

Do most airlines allow extra baggage on a one way ticket if you have PR?

MrsFychan Nov 15th 2011 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by shades (Post 9733948)
We took our passports in last Friday & they told my other half that it would take 20 working days, hopefully they can do it quicker as I would like to be in NZ by the New Year.
What do they have to do anyway that takes 20 working days??

Have you had your PR approved now then? I haven't heard anything from our Immigration Officer and we submitted on the same day, 28/10/11.

johneastriggs Nov 15th 2011 4:34 pm

Hi MrsFychan,we were approved on 1st November.I don't understand why it takes 2-3 weeks to put a sticker in.All the hard work has been done by them prior to that.Hope you get yours soon.20 days for you seems a long time also.

As for flights I was speaking to Trailfinders who said they could get me on a one way from LHR to CHC and if we show our visas we could get 40kg plus hand luggage for £633.Mind you those prices will go up as it was a couple of weeks ago.I couldn't book as I didn't have my passport.Really need to be there to start my job.They don't seem to be fussed that I have a job offer.I thought you got priority with a job offer?

shades Nov 16th 2011 10:15 am

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9734000)
Have you had your PR approved now then? I haven't heard anything from our Immigration Officer and we submitted on the same day, 28/10/11.

We had PR approved in principle last Wednesday I think & took the passports down there last Friday.

MrsFychan Nov 16th 2011 11:20 am

Originally Posted by shades (Post 9736042)
We had PR approved in principle last Wednesday I think & took the passports down there last Friday.

gosh that was quick

Stormer999 Nov 16th 2011 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by MrsFychan (Post 9736142)
gosh that was quick

Obviously with job offer....;)

MrsFychan Nov 16th 2011 12:53 pm

Fychan is already out there and working just me and the kids waiting for our visa's and the house sale to go through.

Mind we have booked return tickets for 8th January now so if not done by then will have to carry it on in Wellington

Lucky you Shades and good luck when you are over there